Sammamish, WA

Posted August 26, 2014
The facility is positively beautiful. Very well maintained. The staff is exceedingly friendly and they genuinely care for the kids. The technology available to the teachers and kids is outstanding. The curriculum is standard for the State, with a few wastes of time 'new age' concepts in math that should be removed. The teachers are here as they are anywhere - on a spectrum from okay to great. Our 2 have experienced both. 5th grade was probably the least rigorous for one of ours and we directly attribute that to the 'okay' teacher who seemed more interested in being popular himself than being a challenging gateway to middle school. Overall, however, we'd highly recommend this school. On the whole, not sure it gets much better.

Posted May 14, 2014
Love this school. Nice facilities. Attentive and responsive teachers. An involved PTSA that does fundraisers that aren't too annoying. I don't think there's pressure to give too much money. If you can't afford to donate the suggested amount, there's no shame or pressure. I'm sure there are plenty of affluent families who donate well above the "suggestion" as well as enough families who work for companies that do corporate matching that no one should have to worry about giving above their means. It's a public school so no fund raising is obligatory. The parking situation is terrible for school events, but that's such a minor issue. I feel very comfortable trusting Creekside with the care and education of my children.

Posted May 01, 2014
Creekside looks great on paper but if your children do not fit the average mold, or you don't want them to, keep looking. The 7 habits (of Highly Effective People) are drilled in religiously, while academics are lacking at school (and made up for by many parents at home.) The staff I have dealt with first hand do not seem to have much experience (teaching to various learning styles or in child development/psychology). A few even lack integrity, or take the approach, "don't ask, don't tell." With the amount of support and resources available in the community the school should be one of the finest. Unfortunatly, it's just average.

Creekside Elementary School 4

Posted September 30, 2012
3rd year at Creekside. Nice school and nice staffs. The biggest problem for this school are parking & only 1 entry/exit for both parents and school buses which is always caused so much traffic abd not convenient for residents around school (especially when there's an school event going on). Hope they can redesigned this matter as Challenger & Discovery got. 1 entry/exit for parents only. 1 entry/exit for buses only. PTSA is nice and organized. They just want to help school to raise some money for different activities. Therefore there are many fund raising events. My family and I always support it but we can't afford the amount PTSA hoped each time like some families do too. Totally understand what another parent means. Sometimes the amount PTSA hope might be too high. For example: Suggested $150 per family for Halloween-Walk-A-Thon program. Nice program but due to this bad economy, not everyone can afford what they wished. However, it's just a suggestion from PTSA but I believe that everyone can do whatever they can. Although we can't donate $ each time but we would still donate some homemade food/drinks/cookies...which also represent our hearts sincerely.

Posted June 15, 2012
I have taught at 5 schools, my experience ranging from primary to intermediate grades, and I can safely say that Creekside is a phenomenal place to be! The staff and administration are consistently focused on best practices and share a common goal of improving student achievement. As a "Leader In Me" school, we focus on tapping into the leadership potential of ALL students and staff. Support staff (Resource Room and SAGE, our gifted program) are committed to helping meet student needs in all academic levels. Our PTSA is strong and supportive, providing multiple opportunities for families to enjoy a variety of events while raising money for our relatively new school. Creekside is a great place to be!

Posted June 07, 2012
My daughter has been at Creekside for the past two years now and I have to say, I couldn't be more dissapointed in the lack of common sense exhibited by both the administration and the staff. My daughter does very well academically, despite the abundance of worksheets. Even smart kids aren't welcome here unless they fit the drone army student this school is apparently looking for.

Posted April 24, 2012
After two years at this school I must say that this school is for kids with perfect behavior only. Kids with HDHD, autism, etc. are not really welcome. The counselor isn't very helpful except offering "Friendship groups" and the psychologist never got in contact with us to help. When we requested her help it was denied. The PTSA offers great programs for a high price. Asking a lot of money ($150) from the parents at the beginning of the school year and making you feel guilty if you can't afford it. The school itself is only two years old and extremely well equipped. That's a big PLUS. My kids love the school but as I mentioned before - please consider a private school if your child isn't perfect.

Posted January 28, 2012
My children were reassigned from Sunny Hills to Creekside when the school opened in 2010. We loved Sunny Hills so were reticent to leave but our experience at Creekside has been so positive, we don't regret the move now! Certainly the facility is top notch as is the technology. The location is beautiful and serene tucked back in the wetlands. The building is green built and has all the modern features you could want in a school. The Principal is very experienced and well respected in the district and she had her pick of teachers from the other Issaquah Schools. She has assembled a wonderful staff. The school started right away in the Seven Habits of Highly Effective Schols Leader in Me Program and is already working towards a Lighthouse school designation of which there are 21 in the country. The music and PE teachers are raved about!! The kids love this school. Strong PTSA.

Posted August 19, 2011
Fabulous staff, great administrative leadership. I have three children at this school and was pleased with every teacher.

Creekside Elementary School
20777 SE 16th St, Sammamish, WA  98075
Last modified Creekside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Creekside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top