Sammamish, WA

Posted November 23, 2014
Excellent.. still maintaining the standards in education.. Way to improve on the infrstructure (buildings) and technology usage

Sunny Hills Elementary School 1

Posted November 06, 2014
If your child does not fit perfectly into their ideal, prepare for much grief. My daughter has a disability, and she was always being made to go to the principals office, stay in for recess, sit separately in time-out away from the other kids. Shaming is a tactic often used and discipline is punitive. In talking to other parents, if you have a child who is willful or active or has a disability, prepare to put your kids on serious medication to keep them catatonic or transfer schools. My child was traumatized by this school and is doing very well now in a local private school. Many parents rave about this school and I guess I would to if my child was perfectly behaved and performing well above grade level. If not, good luck.

Sunny Hills Elementary School 4

Posted April 15, 2014
My school is great! The teachers are nice, the education is good, and it is a beautiful school. I went there in first grade, and I loved it there. They have a good after school program, too. There is only one problem. When I went there for first grade, sometimes an adult would be only a little mean to me. But, it's a great school.

Sunny Hills Elementary School 3

Posted September 29, 2013
This school has many good teachers and everything seems very organized and calm. My daughter is in 3rd grade and the majority of moms I have met are SAHMs. It is great because they spend a lot of time at the school volunteering, but it can make you feel a bit out of the loop if you are a working mom. I have also been met with much negativity for mentioning any kind of constructive criticism in regard to the school. Apparently high test scores=perfection, thus no negative feedback is tolerated.

Posted March 18, 2013
I have one child at Sunny Hills. It is without question a great school all the way around. The teachers are intelligent and caring and very committed to learning for life and challenging the children. The specialists and administrators genuinely care for the children and I can feel that when I m at the school. The front office staff is very busy but they have always been cordial. If you have ever been to the school you know they wear a lot of hats. People, including children, are coming in and out of the office all day. The office staff has to deal with science fairs, parent volunteers, forgotten lunches and homework, dentists, photo day, etc The office staff may not always have time to greet everyone personally and they don t always have time to spend time chatting with me but I know for a fact they are always there for my child so I can live that. Sunny Hills is the best!

Posted February 24, 2013
I have two children at Sunny Hills. My youngest is in Kindergarten and loves school, in fact she says she loves her teacher who is the sweetest and kindest woman ever. We have been very impressed with how much the kids are learning while having fun and enjoying themselves. Our oldest is in 2nd grade and likes school as well. The principal is a wonderful person who really cares about the student. Even with 600 students she knows my kids names and they really like her. Their is a lot of parent involvement and a strong PTA. The building are pretty outdated but the school is being modernized within the next years. I recommend Sunny Hills.

Sunny Hills Elementary School 4

Posted January 18, 2013
I have been impressed with my son's K teacher and the principal at Sunny Hills. My son loves school! However, I have to agree with the previous poster - the office staff are horrendous! Maybe they are used to the PTA moms who are in the office daily and know everything going on at the school...I don't know. If you ask them a question, they answer you as if you are annoying and stupid. I guess I am suppose to know everything about Sunny Hills without ever asking? And there are always about 4-5 people working at the front desk in the office. You'd think one of them would be polite, but I haven't had that experience yet.

Posted December 04, 2012
I have been very impressed with this school. The staff is friendly and helpful. The teachers are amazing, and encourage parent involvement. They are very well funded, and have a great arts program. While the curriculum is very strong in English and Math, they don't neglect science, history, music, or art. Overall, a great school with a well rounded program.

Sunny Hills Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2012
The teachers are amazing!! My only issue with this school is the office staff and how rude they have been to me over the last two years. If you are talking to one office staff member three others chime in and you can't even make your point. I think the principal needs to have a talk with her office staff. Every parent should be treated nicely.

Sunny Hills Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Total parent support, great teachers and wonderful programs!

Sunny Hills Elementary School
3200 Issaquahpine Lake Rd SE, Sammamish, WA  98075
Last modified Sunny Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunny Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top