Posted April 20, 2013
I graduated from this school about five years ago and it appears that not much has improved since I went there. I will agree that the standards are high academic wise (in a good way) and I did appreciate some of my teachers. However, what I disliked were the attitudes. Some of my teachers would openly stereotype us as "rich spoiled kids" for going to this school. Granted I'm sure some of us were, but not all. It was also obvious that some of them just didn't care. There was a huge focus on sports, basically if you weren't on a select team or had your own personal coach...you wouldn't even think of trying out for a team. There were also a lot of cliques at this school and a high focus on money and status. I still remember begging my parents to switch schools half way through my time there. I stuck with it though, and I'm happy to say I never have to go back.

Posted March 04, 2013
I've had one child graduate from here. After a job opportunity came about we moved. Our second child graduated from a school in a different state. We have an opportunity to move "home" and our third/last child could graduate from Eastlake. Without much thought my husband has moved back for work, the rest of the family is staying put until our last child graduates. Eastlake tends to concentrate too much on state and federal test scores and not on the students ability to absorb the material. If your student is one that does not have aspirations of going to a 4 year D1 or ivy league university, they don't excel in this environment. There IS too much emphasis on money, the (most) kids DO drive brand new expensive cars, and kids that do not fit the mold, are lost in the crowd. We still have great friends there and they understand and support our decision not to come back. I am looking forward to seeing them again.

Posted January 09, 2012
Don't let the rating fool you. This is a top notch school. Eastlake currently has higher test scores in every area (except slightly lower in science) than neighboring Skyline with the exception of one math score. This significantly lower score skews the rating system and is due to the fact that EHS currently has no freshmen class. That math score comes only from the students who are already a year behind in math. Once the school adds a freshmen class (this fall), that score will fall in line with other four year high schools and Eastlake's rating will be back on the top again.

Eastlake High School 4

Posted July 13, 2011
This school is really great if the student is willing to work hard. Many of these reviews have mentioned how difficult it is with little money, but it isn't all that bad. While most students are very privileged, the rest definitely are not looked down upon. Many people dislike it for the lack of diversity and care for one another (too haughty-taughty), but I disagree. Take it from me, students care about one another. There are many magnificent teachers. This school's weakness is its obvious priority of sports and test scores. The programs are clearly aimed towards 4-year college. Overall it is a wonderful school.

Posted April 24, 2011
EHS has been overall a disappointment from an academic standpoint. We were told it was LWSD's rigorous academic school, this is our experience: * AP classes are not available until a student's junior year; honors program is non-existent. * Core classes lack substance and rigor. * Lack of leadership at the top -- Disengaged principal who is invisible to parents and students. * Lack of support for "academic" enrichment programs. Spotlight on sports, dance and cheerleading. * College prep limited - few students end up at top tier universities, become merit scholars, etc. * Teachers teach to a minimum baseline at the sophomore course level. There are a few exceptions. * Parent involvement is limited and they're kept at an arms length by the administration. Positives: Some teachers do "stretch" students and go the extra mile when it comes to their teaching strategy, communication with parents and availability to students--Particularly the Advanced Algebra teacher (Mr. Stratton), Spanish teacher (Ms. Meilleur) and Leadership/Biology teacher (Ms. Borden). All three are to be commended going above and beyond.

Posted March 08, 2011
As a previous student of this school, I enjoyed all 3 years I have spent there. The teachers were amazing and I had a great relationship with all of them. I didn't grow up with a lot of money and never felt out of place. I hate that parents think that just because it's a wealthy area, it's not a great school. It definitely prepared me for college and I felt like I received an amazing education and had great experiences. The extended core program really helped me make great friends and be close with my teachers and I loved how they incorporated all core classes with major projects. It's all about how motivated you are that reflects your success.

Posted March 21, 2010

Eastlake High School 2

Posted March 10, 2008
I completely agree with some of these reviews. This school is not all it's cracked up to be. I have never seen the principal. There is too much emphasis on money. Most of the kids drive fancier more expensive cars than I will ever own. If you're kids don't have the money they can't keep up or fit in. We have been here for 20 years, our kids have never gone to school anywhere else. My Junior at Eastlake wants to move before Senior year because she's sick of the attitudes and clics. This school concentrates on students that are interested in and can afford 4 yr college, the rest get lost in the shuffle. Agree that some of the teachers are gems, I wish good karma for those. I too am disappointed with the experiences we have suffered here.

Eastlake High School 4

Posted February 23, 2008
I am a previous student from EHS... This school was a very good school to attend. Unfortunately, I found it a little too strict and they put a lot of pressure on students. The terms for the senior project were extremely rigid. I was failing in this school because I felt I could never measure up to the teacher's and principal's ideals for students. Every student is very excepting of each other, and if they aren't at first they are by senior year. A ton of great friends made there. When I graduated from another high school I went on to attend college and am using some of the skills I learned from EHS. I also have 2 siblings that attended and graduated.

Posted September 24, 2007

Eastlake High School
400 228th NE, Sammamish, WA  98074
Last modified Eastlake High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastlake High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.