Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Hi! I am a student of Inglewood Middle School (unfortunately). I used to attend Pine Lake Middle School (which is an excellent school, FYI) for my 6th grade year. In the midst of May I received unfortunate news forcing me to attend Inglewood Junior High. As I came to Inglewood I hated almost everything about it. I have came up with a Pro and Con list about it: Pros: -The Lunch at Inglewood is better than most middle schools, it is not good but better than most places. Cons: -Inglewood Middle School does not have any lockers. We are forced to use our backpack (which is pretty heavy!) to carry our stuff to every single period. -The education program at Inglewood is terrible. To start, there is no offered advanced or accelerated path in Language Arts. Coming from the accelerated program in Pine Lake Middle School, I was forced to read the SAME class book as I read the year before. I had the same level of complexity in 7th grade that I experienced in the 6th grade. -The math path at Inglewood Middle School is not as bad as the Language Arts path, but is still worth mentioning. Students are forced to take the 6th grade math course in 6th grade, and there are no advanced or accelerated paths. In 7th grade though you are allowed to take Alg 1, which I think is fair. I don't think though, that 6th graders should be told to take only 6th grade math. -The Band program for 7th graders is the same as the Band program in 8th grade. -There is not any field trips in the middle school year. Compared to Pine Lake, we had a trip to Disney Land and a trip to Washington DC in 8th grade. -The environment at Inglewood is not as fun as it was at Pine Lake. Its hard to explain, but I think you get my point. It didn't really feel like I was at school. So when you are considering moving, please think about the school your kids are going to before you automatically buy your house.

There is bullying at Inglewood. It would seem that with all the programs, including assemblies, they have in place, the school administration would be able to handle it. That has not been my experience. They listen but rarely take action unless you prove your child is being bullied. The bullies rights take precedent over the child being bullied. As for the teachers, there is decently favoritism with some and some do state their "belief" system, but overall they have been pretty good. Coaches are amazing!

Amount of homework: Disagree

Way too much for middle school. Much of the homework s unnecessary and not realistic.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Principal Tim Patterson is simply awful, as is his counseling and leadership staff. I have had two of my children attend Inglewood, and Tim has repearedly demonstrated he cares more about making himself look good over serving the best interests of the students. He is not only arrogant and rude, but his entire staff is grossly uninformed on basic policies, appropriate processes as well as technology used by the students. He has often been described as an old-fashioned, educational bureaucrat who cannot relate to students of today. This has been our experience as well. In addition, the bullying is incredibly out of control and has been for years. Patterson is ineffective and his entire "leadership team" is anything but leaders. They are uninformed and lack disparate opinions, most likely out of fear of straying far from Patterson's "party line" - at the expense of student's best interest. If you have a choice in middle schools, STEER CLEAR OF PATTERSON AND INGLEWOOD! !

Principal Tim Patterson is simply awful, as is his counseling and leadership staff. I have had two of my children attend Inglewood, and Tim has repearedly demonstrated he cares more about making himself look good over serving the best interests of the students. He is not only arrogant and rude, but his entire staff is grossly uninformed on basic policies, appropriate processes as well as technology used by the students. He has often been described as an old-fashioned, educational bureaucrat who cannot relate to students of today. This has been our experience as well. In addition, the bullying is incredibly out of control and has been for years. Patterson and his staff have been woefully off the mark in helping students with this key issue. I'very also found the "leasership" staff being anything but leasers, many times creating issues for students and there family when none existed prior to their involvement. The teachers are typical at a school with a dictatorial principal, lacking disparate opinions at the expense of the children, most likely because they are fearful of wandering far from the "party line". If you have a choice in middle schools, STAY CLEAR OF PATTERSON AND INGLEWOOD!

My daughter is a current 8th grade student at Inglewood, and I have only praises for the school. She has had the exceptionally motivated and involved teachers in Inglewood, making her more motivated than she ever was in elementary school. The attention and individualized support she received from the teachers, even when the class sizes have be quite large, have exceeded our expectation. The environment has been very supportive, safe and yet fun.

Overall this is a great school. The school is clean, has a great music department and several sports activites to choose from. The majority of the teachers are wonderful and create a fun learning environment. My main complaint is that there are a few teachers that need to remember that they are there to teach the children while not putting them down and making them feel stupid if they don't understand. Myself, along with several other parents that I have spoken to whose children are also in my daughters class, have complained that their Math and Science teacher has rolled her eyes, made snippy comments and seems rather annoyed with her students if they struggle with their work. The learning environment should be a postive one rather than making the kids feel dissapointed in themselves.

Shocked by the reviews on this site. Our experience has been very different. The school is crowded, the website to assist the children in figuring out their classwork is at best like navigating a maze. Our child has been overwhelmed and bullied. One bully is in 5 of his classes and they won't move our child or the bully, expecting him to work it out. He comes home each day miserable and collapses from the stress of it all. It's perfectly horrid. No amount of communication with the counselor has seemed to help. Our son has had tutoring 3 days per week from the beginning of the school year but that's not enough. We're researching private schools right now.

WOW i love inglewood and i will always love it it has a great staff and i still have 2 more years to go and im excited for them. GO KNIGHTS!!

I went to Inglewood all three years of being in a junior high, and it was everything I could've asked for. The teachers were always willing to help out and give that little boost if you ever needed one. They are all more than happy to help raise your grade and keep it there, and their teaching skills are extremely student friendly. Inglewood is overall an amazing and safe environment and I truely loved it.

Last modified Inglewood Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.