Bad
Good

Elizabeth Blackwell Elementary School 4

Posted September 24, 2014
Blackwell has been a great school because of the teachers. Unfortunately, I have to agree with the previous review about the PTSA. If you stay away from the unprofessional behaviour of a few in the PTSA, you will be happy with the school. Having said that, not all parents who volunteer fall into that category. I do recommend volunteering for your teacher's class. Overall, it's been a positive experience for my child which is what really matters most for our family.

Elizabeth Blackwell Elementary School 1

Posted December 16, 2013
When we moved to this area, I thought it was one of the best schools around (that's why we moved here)...WRONG! As long as you go with the flow, don't make waves, and do as the PTSA demands that you do, I guess you'll be happy. I challenged some "old ways" and was promptly "corrected". They do not like to be even slightly told about a new idea. And if your child is perfect in every subject, you'll do well. If they need extra help, you are looked down on because you are bringing the entire schools test scores down...that is the most important thing to the school and to most of the parents. They do not say this of course, but the other parents constantly bug you about your child's scores while telling you their child is "helping" the greater good of the school by their awesome scores. The teachers aren't quite as rude about it, but it comes out it other less subtle ways. We are switching to private school starting next year-I have had enough.

Elizabeth Blackwell Elementary School 1

Posted November 13, 2012
I would like to bring up a safety problem in Elizabeth Blackwell Elementary and describe an incident that happened to my child at this school. Recently, when picking up my son from Elizabeth Blackwell Elementary, I saw that the corner of his eye was red and swollen and he was in tears. When I asked him what happened, he told me that another pre-schooler kicked him in the eye. This is not the first time my son complains about being beaten in pre-school 2-3 occurrences happened before.I brought up this incident immediately to the teacher s attention. To my great surprise, this teacher told me that my child was kicked in the eye probably because other child didn t understand what my child said and she will not do anything about it unless the my child complains to the teacher. The thing is, my child does not speak English and cannot explain what happened to him. This sounds like a complete nonsense and mendacity to me; I ve never seen this happening in the US. My child told me he tried to get the teacher s attention but the teacher said Come on! and did nothing Let me mention again this is not the first time he complained about violence from a class-mate, so there s a pattern.

Posted October 14, 2010
Elizabeth Blackwell is a school with dedicated teachers, enthusiastic and conscientious students, and supportive parents. This school has consistently risen to the challenge of providing quality education to students and the teachers are always refining their practices to best meet the needs of the students. The new principal is dedicated to education and has brought a real spark to school morale and is actively engaged and interested in the betterment of the school

Posted May 10, 2010
Parent creativity in volunteering is well-accepted at Blackwell by the staff, PTSA, and parent volunteers. A parent wanting to participate but who has time or interest/skill constraints can easily find a comfortable level of participation which is why the school has an outstanding number of parent volunteers.

Posted May 08, 2006
Blackwell is a great school. There are a lot of parent volunteers so they have several programs that are parent run - accelerated reading, accelerated math, art start, etc. The PTSA raises enough money so the teachers can do additional training and they have plenty of supplies. Blackwell is truly a community school.

Posted January 23, 2006
It is the best elementary school in Lake Washington District.

Posted January 10, 2006
I have two children in Blackwell. Both of them like the school. In general I feel it is a great school. It will be nice if there are advance program available inside Blackwell. We hesitate in participating QWEST because it requires to go to other schools.

Elizabeth Blackwell Elementary School 4

Posted October 19, 2005
Overall it's a great school. I wish it encouraged more high achievement especially in the math area.

Posted September 28, 2005
This is as close to private school as it gets. The PTA participation is close to 97% and it shows in the calibur of students who attend. The teachers are first rate, and we love the rapid and open lines of communication. What more do I need to say?

3225 205th Placene, Sammamish, WA  98074
Last modified Elizabeth Blackwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.