No rating

Seattle Christian Schools

Private | K-12 | 537 students

Living in SeaTac

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $160,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Posted Saturday, September 27, 2014

This school is only worried about an outer image. When new people come to tour and learn about SCS, the staff changes completely and acts sweet, Christian, and sincere. Throughout my 6 years at SCS, I had many "christian" students and teachers show me why so many people hate Christianity. That school did exactly that as I graduated with the most hateful view on religion. I had one teacher personally try to fail me and talk bad about me to other students when I wasn't around. He still works at SCS in the Bible department. Furthermore, the testimonies and the faith of many students were destroyed. I specifically remember one incident in my senior year where a student shared her testimony about her faith which came out of a hard home life and issues with her not-so-gracious father. Another parent said they didn't like her testimony because it was too negative, and the administration was not going to let her speak at our graduation ceremony. It was to the point where many of the students did not want to share their testimonies if it was hard or contained struggle; otherwise, they would be shut down by these men and women"of God". I do not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 2, 2014

I currently attend SCS as an 8th grade student. to be honest I am not looking forward to returning from summer break. Since it is a fairly small school everyone knows everyone, which could be both a good or bad thing. I have lost a lot of self confidence due to kids at the school. Some kids there are extremely judgemental and I feel that I have to keep opinions to myself, yet I believe at this age kids should feel comfortable to express how they feel without kids telling them what they believe is stupid. Girls that i haven't ever talked to have called me unimaginable rude names, and it has gotten to the point where I mostly to myself, and find it hard to socialize. The teachers I have had the past year were mostly good and supportive but some could do better with individual help for students.

Posted January 30, 2014

This school has been one of the best investments we've made. We have a senior and a freshman this year that have been students since the primary grades. They've learned a lot academically and have grown spiritually. The teachers are fabulous - caring, nurturing and academically strong. The music department is also incredibly strong with an award winning jazz band. We'd choose Seattle Christian again if we had a chance!

Posted January 26, 2013

this is my our first year at SCS. Our kids love the school and the teachers are so helpful. My sons been having trouble and his teacher helps him after school each day. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted June 20, 2012

great school with amazing faculty. Teachers are very encouraging and push you in all aspects.

Posted April 28, 2012

School is amazing. The teachers and have are so amazing and are really supportive. The academics are great too. They push us to our best. The music department and athletics are very successful. SC has chapel every week and they bring in very influencing speakers. I recommend this school to anyone who wants a good education in a Christian environment.

Posted March 28, 2011

You don't have much of a dress code because you can wear jeans everyday. Other private schools only let you wear them on Fridays. You have to know someone and be a click with staff and parents. Seattle Christian is only Christian to them selfs.

Posted December 8, 2009

This is our second year with two kids attending!! The teachers and staff are wonderful!! We are so happy that we made this choice. We checked out a lot of schools over 2 years. It was hard for my 5th grader to leave his old school and friends, but now he tells me he wishes he would have gone here all along. He has made even more great friends. The teachers are respectful to the kids and the kids are respectful back. My son's class just spent the day helping at NW Harvest. They have missionary's come in at times and educate the kids about other countries during chapel. They get them involved with what's going on in the world. The Bible is a history class my son was missing at his last school. We love SCS!!

Posted February 7, 2009

This school is nothing that we would ever want in an educational aspect for our children.

Posted January 18, 2008

Seattle Christian School has been a blessing to my family! The administration continuously strives to provide a safe, christ centered and highly successful academic environment for the students at all levels. As a parent of SCS students for nearly 10 years, I can honestly say that my children are developing an incredible foundation in many areas of their life; A biblical worldview, a culture that is healthy, and academic tools to help their success in college and beyond. Our talented teachers are engaging and interested in each and every students' success. I can't say enough about Seattle Christian! I recommend this great school to everyone!

Posted January 18, 2008

For anyone considering Christian education for their children, you will not be disappointed wtih SCS. There is just too much to say about SCS. You absolutely must check it out in person to see the extremely high standards they have achieved and hold themselves to.

Posted January 10, 2008

I attended SCS. Honestly, it is no different than a public school. Kids party, sleep around, and learn how to be luke-warm Christians. It's all just a show. I would never send my own child there.

Posted May 30, 2007

Poor leadership. Rediculous retriction. Too religious. Overall Bad influences to youngster

Posted March 16, 2007

Seattle Christian is a great school. Academics are about 2 years ahead of local public schools. For the most part, the teachers are great. Some not so much, but you will find that in any school. It is wonderful that there is music/band/strings/choir. All of these are so important to a students development.The sports program is growing and continues to emphasize being Christ-like. Parent involvement could be better. Because of the cost of tuition, many families have 2 income households and thus no time to volunteer in the classes etc. Over all, I couldn't imagine our kids in any other school. The reinforcement of Christ-like actions etc have been awesome. It is such a great thing to watch develop in our kids!

Posted August 19, 2005

Academics is very good. Over 90 percent of graduating Seniors go on to an institute of higher education. There are many sport and other extracurricular activities offered there. Parent involvement is near 100%.

Posted February 27, 2005

Seattle Christian is an excellent & 'safe' place for your child to attend school. They have high christian and academic standards, & most of the graduates go on to 4 year Colleges & Universities. The price of tuition requires a dedicated commitment from parents to the education of their child/children. Rules & regulation are in place to foster a christian environment.

Posted August 19, 2003

Seattle Christian has a lot of potential. The price of tuition, teacher quality and size of school are all things that cause its reputation to suffer. Many rules are also unneccesary and ridiculous, dress code is constantly being violated because it is too strict in some areas.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 10% 7%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

18301 Military Road South