Seattle, WA
After care: No

Posted April 13, 2015
My kids will no longer be attending Lakeridge Elementary. I feel strongly enough about this that it prompted me to move to a house with different district borders on a shorter timeline than I had planned. School is understaffed, focus on counseling children on behavioral issues rather than teaching proper behavior via discipline and structure. Tendency to incentivize bad behavior by sending kids to "cool off spot" and "buddy room" when age appropriate behaviors occur, since the teacher cannot be held accountable to actually provide structure to the class or attention to the students. Cool off spot and buddy room are seen as rewards, at least to my kids, since books/toys/different classmates are provided in those situations, and it's more interesting than being ignored in the classroom. Staff is very reluctant to work with parents, preferring, instead, to place the blame on home structure not fitting the Lakeridge philosophy. I did make some headway with administration, but only after several months of raising issues and being ignored. Show up in person if your kids are having issues in class to increase chances that your concern is taken seriously.

Posted November 09, 2014
Just have a look at the Grade 4 team. Little was done to address the tumultuous year of 2012-2013! In fact, the former Principal was promoted!

Posted March 18, 2014
This is not a good school. I have 2 kids that go here and they both ended up in Special Education. They were doing great in school until we moved here and they started going to school here.

Lakeridge Elementary School 5

Posted August 27, 2009
My child had a productive year. He received a lot of positive reinforcements. This is the 3rd school my son attended and he really excelled in the Lakeridge environment. The teachers work well together.The kids enjoy a yard with a georgous view.

Lakeridge Elementary School

Posted October 09, 2007
I feel that Lakeridge's curriculm is very poor. I have kids in 2nd and 3rd grade and I feel the things they are being taught is for at least a grade below. The only reason they are up to grade level is because I also teach them at home. Next year they will be leaving Lakeridge.

Lakeridge Elementary School 4

Posted December 18, 2005
Great school with wonderful teacher support. Parents involvement seems to be lacking though.

Lakeridge Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2005
This is an awesome school with a lot of potential to change the lives of children. Please keep it a K-5 school. The staff is very dedicated to helping each student learn.

Lakeridge Elementary School
7400 South 115th St, Seattle, WA  98178
Last modified Lakeridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top