Seattle, WA

Posted August 02, 2014
Wonderful, neighborhood school with supportive teachers and staff. We love it here and our children are learning so much! Thank you Adams!

Posted February 21, 2013
This was my first elementary school and I loved this school so much. Does a kindergarten teacher name Ms. May still teach her. BEST TEACHER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adams Elementary School 4

Posted October 07, 2010
This school is just fine. I see that people have written complaints on this website and while there are bits of truth to them, I think they might be blowing things out of proportion. When someone says it's much better when they change schools, likely it's the situation they fall into within that new school which they attribute to the entire organization. While I have taken issue with certain aspects of Adams, I find the experience overall to be as I would expect from a public elementary school: a lot of awesome, mostly ordinary, and only a little bit of awful.

Posted June 18, 2009

Posted September 12, 2008
Our family has been very happy with our experience with Adams Elementary. The diversity and warm environment of the school and parent community has made our experience with our two children exeptional. Both are very different in personality and have grown socially and academically. As a very active member of our PTA, I am saddened to read of the other member's perception of the school and our PTA. While not every school works for all students and their families- I do know that every effort is made at Adams to include everyone and to meet the needs of all students. Also, all who want to be involved- working/stay-at-home, married/single/partnered, rich/poor, male/female, etc are welcomed, included and involved. I am proud of our community, school and the children who attend and encourage others to check

Posted July 22, 2008

Adams Elementary School 0

Posted June 05, 2008
Don't believe Adams' multiple intelligences credo and supposed commitment to diversity; Diversity at Adams means a parent who can't get off work before 3:00 and multiple intelligences is restricted to the three rs. My kid has never had problems in school before and hates it now. Adams' PTA is completely political in the sense that if you don't have money, aren't married, or aren't a stay at home mom then you aren't involved. Most of the events are late in the evening or during the work week. My kid has suffered this year, culminating in a large staff meeting that would have been really bad had I not had almost 10 years of teaching under my belt. There are some great teachers at Adams, too bad my kid didn't get one and too bad the principal is more interested in test results and control than helping out kids.

Adams Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2007
Adams is a great school. My daughter is in kindergarten and is reading at a 3rd grade level. She has several classmates reading at that level with her and they continue to make steady progress. Her class is learning first grade math and writing skills. The school has been recognized for it's integrated arts program. This is a real arts program with many different mediums. Finally, Adams offers diversity in a neighborhood with little diversity. We love Adams!

Posted March 02, 2006
Adams Elementary has an amazingly well-rounded curriculum. Because of the arts-integrated curriculum that is unique to Adams in our city, there is a strong emphasis on the academic benefits of the arts as a teaching tool rather than separate elements. Teachers use visual art, music and performing arts within the daily curriculum to enhance comprehension and build enthusiasm for the material. It is excting to see kids getting so much more within a 'traditionally' structured school. My child is reading well beyond his grade level and loves school! I believe that art, music and drama are important learning tools for all children in all subjects. Music is built within a mathematical framework. Base concepts in visual art are base concepts of geometry. Acting out a story enhances reading comprehension. In addition to the excellent curriculum, this school has a wonderful multi-cultural community and a committed and strong PTA! I highly recommend!

Posted August 15, 2004
Adams has been a fabulous choice for my child. Although not our neighborhood school, we chose Adams because of the arts-enriched program which has certainly enhanced the learning process for our child. He's reading a level above his grade, he loves math and the art work he brings home is enlightened and frankly astonishing at times. Coming from a cooperative pre-school I found the parent involvement comforting and I spend at least a couple of hours a week in the classroom helping out in any way I can. It's been great to be part of the process and I would highly recommend Adams to any parent looking for a well rounded, productive, and caring educational experience for their elementary aged child.

Adams Elementary School
6110 28 Av NW, Seattle, WA  98107
Last modified Adams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top