Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

There are some terrific teachers and staff at Adam's elementary however the focus on the "arts" is clearly not a good choice. The SBAC exam performed this last spring 2015 is a clear result of not focusing on the basics, 30% of the 5th graders did not meet standard on the math portion of the test. I'm tired of listened to the old excuses from parents and teachers. Hopefully the new principal will overhaul things and will listen to the good teachers and not the over bearing PTA parents controlling the school.

Wonderful, neighborhood school with supportive teachers and staff. We love it here and our children are learning so much! Thank you Adams!

This was my first elementary school and I loved this school so much. Does a kindergarten teacher name Ms. May still teach her. BEST TEACHER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This school is just fine. I see that people have written complaints on this website and while there are bits of truth to them, I think they might be blowing things out of proportion. When someone says it's much better when they change schools, likely it's the situation they fall into within that new school which they attribute to the entire organization. While I have taken issue with certain aspects of Adams, I find the experience overall to be as I would expect from a public elementary school: a lot of awesome, mostly ordinary, and only a little bit of awful.

Our family has been very happy with our experience with Adams Elementary. The diversity and warm environment of the school and parent community has made our experience with our two children exeptional. Both are very different in personality and have grown socially and academically. As a very active member of our PTA, I am saddened to read of the other member's perception of the school and our PTA. While not every school works for all students and their families- I do know that every effort is made at Adams to include everyone and to meet the needs of all students. Also, all who want to be involved- working/stay-at-home, married/single/partnered, rich/poor, male/female, etc are welcomed, included and involved. I am proud of our community, school and the children who attend and encourage others to check

Don't believe Adams' multiple intelligences credo and supposed commitment to diversity; Diversity at Adams means a parent who can't get off work before 3:00 and multiple intelligences is restricted to the three rs. My kid has never had problems in school before and hates it now. Adams' PTA is completely political in the sense that if you don't have money, aren't married, or aren't a stay at home mom then you aren't involved. Most of the events are late in the evening or during the work week. My kid has suffered this year, culminating in a large staff meeting that would have been really bad had I not had almost 10 years of teaching under my belt. There are some great teachers at Adams, too bad my kid didn't get one and too bad the principal is more interested in test results and control than helping out kids.

Adams is a great school. My daughter is in kindergarten and is reading at a 3rd grade level. She has several classmates reading at that level with her and they continue to make steady progress. Her class is learning first grade math and writing skills. The school has been recognized for it's integrated arts program. This is a real arts program with many different mediums. Finally, Adams offers diversity in a neighborhood with little diversity. We love Adams!

Last modified Adams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.