Bad
Good

My child has been attending Arbor Heights for 2 years now. We have been very pleased with this school. The principal, Ms. Collins, goes above and beyond for the students, teachers and parents. The teachers we've had so far have been amazing.

Our daughter attend this school years ago and the school was and still is filled with mold, you can not drink the water and apparently there was and is still no heat as the kids have to wear their coats or freeze. Back then the policy to not allow the kids to get their coats and still force them to play outside in the wet, cold weather apparently is still happening. The only 2 good things about Arbor Heights is they are finally going to tear down the school and build a whole new school. and Secondly, there is a different principal. The last principal was there for way too long and she carried a bullhorn around and was very self righteous. There are alot of mommy clicks at the school so be prepared. And the teachers teach at the class level and not at the individual level, meaning if your child is doing poorly or above average, you will need to go to another school.

I am so pleased with this school. We are new this year and my 2nd grader could not be happier. The staff are always smiling and working with kids and parents for the best education possible.

all 4 of my grandchildren have gone or is still going to AH, I have been most impressed with the care of each student by all the teachers. I have one child with learning disabilities and have been equally impressed. Parent participation has been remarkable and shows this is a very happy environment and happy children make happy parents and in turn happy teachers. I do think the seattle school district could do a lot better with the lunch program, better food and not so many carbs more decent protein,

My daughter goes to Arbor Heights and I am really happy. Two years ago there was a different principal and she was not good at all. A new principal came in last year after parents demanded it and she is excellent. The principal makes all the difference. There is lots of parent involvement. Very happy.

AS to the principal, She is clearly one of the best in the district. She does not let the kids cause trouble. I've watched her in action and her firm technique works! Alot of kids need guidance and discipline thats not bullying per the 1 star poster. I know she's leaving in 2011 and will be missed !!!!!

MY FAMILY LOVES ARBOR HEIGHTS ! WE HAVE ONE CHILD WHO JUST LEFT AND OFF TO MIDDLE SCHOOL. HE IS DOING GREAT AT THE NEXT LEAVEL THE 5TH GRADE TEACHER DID A GREAT JOB ON GETTING THEM READY ! NOW WE HAVE ANOTHER ONE IN K, ( MS.WEAVERS CLASS ) SHE IS A GREAT TEACHER, HE IS DOING GREAT,LEARNING AND MAKING LOTS OF NEW FRIENDS. LAST YEAR THEY GOT A NEW GYM TEACHER HE IS GREAT. THE OFFICE STAFF IS GREAT I'VE BEEN WITH THEM A TOTAL OF 5 YEARS ALMOST 6 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM, TRACEY IS VERY GOOD ABOUT HANDLE ANY PROBLEM WE BRING HER WAY. I WILL AGREE THAT THEY DO NEED TO INFORCE DISPLINE MORE ON THOSE CHILDREN WHO DON'T FOLLOW RULES. THEY DO LET THE SAME KIDS GET AWAY WITH TO MUCH BUT OTHER THEN THAT THEY GET A A+.

My child's teacher was fantastic. However, after seeing several poster boards go up about bullying I asked my child if they were having a problem with it in school. The reply "only when the teachers bully the bad students." I witnessed an incident where the principal was berating a kindergartener in the hallway on a Monday morning. That is inexcusable!

The parents are very active and supportive. The majority of the teachers are great. The leadership is lacking.

Our kids attended a lot of schools in Seattle, private and public. Arbor Heights is our favorite by far. The kids love it here. Great energy! Awesome staff! So happy with Arbor Heights.

Last modified Arbor Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.