Arbor Heights Elementary School 1

Posted February 27, 2014
Our daughter attend this school years ago and the school was and still is filled with mold, you can not drink the water and apparently there was and is still no heat as the kids have to wear their coats or freeze. Back then the policy to not allow the kids to get their coats and still force them to play outside in the wet, cold weather apparently is still happening. The only 2 good things about Arbor Heights is they are finally going to tear down the school and build a whole new school. and Secondly, there is a different principal. The last principal was there for way too long and she carried a bullhorn around and was very self righteous. There are alot of mommy clicks at the school so be prepared. And the teachers teach at the class level and not at the individual level, meaning if your child is doing poorly or above average, you will need to go to another school.

Posted October 07, 2013
I am so pleased with this school. We are new this year and my 2nd grader could not be happier. The staff are always smiling and working with kids and parents for the best education possible.

Posted May 18, 2013
all 4 of my grandchildren have gone or is still going to AH, I have been most impressed with the care of each student by all the teachers. I have one child with learning disabilities and have been equally impressed. Parent participation has been remarkable and shows this is a very happy environment and happy children make happy parents and in turn happy teachers. I do think the seattle school district could do a lot better with the lunch program, better food and not so many carbs more decent protein,

Posted July 27, 2012
My daughter goes to Arbor Heights and I am really happy. Two years ago there was a different principal and she was not good at all. A new principal came in last year after parents demanded it and she is excellent. The principal makes all the difference. There is lots of parent involvement. Very happy.

Posted May 27, 2011
AS to the principal, She is clearly one of the best in the district. She does not let the kids cause trouble. I've watched her in action and her firm technique works! Alot of kids need guidance and discipline thats not bullying per the 1 star poster. I know she's leaving in 2011 and will be missed !!!!!

Arbor Heights Elementary School 4

Posted November 12, 2010
MY FAMILY LOVES ARBOR HEIGHTS ! WE HAVE ONE CHILD WHO JUST LEFT AND OFF TO MIDDLE SCHOOL. HE IS DOING GREAT AT THE NEXT LEAVEL THE 5TH GRADE TEACHER DID A GREAT JOB ON GETTING THEM READY ! NOW WE HAVE ANOTHER ONE IN K, ( MS.WEAVERS CLASS ) SHE IS A GREAT TEACHER, HE IS DOING GREAT,LEARNING AND MAKING LOTS OF NEW FRIENDS. LAST YEAR THEY GOT A NEW GYM TEACHER HE IS GREAT. THE OFFICE STAFF IS GREAT I'VE BEEN WITH THEM A TOTAL OF 5 YEARS ALMOST 6 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM, TRACEY IS VERY GOOD ABOUT HANDLE ANY PROBLEM WE BRING HER WAY. I WILL AGREE THAT THEY DO NEED TO INFORCE DISPLINE MORE ON THOSE CHILDREN WHO DON'T FOLLOW RULES. THEY DO LET THE SAME KIDS GET AWAY WITH TO MUCH BUT OTHER THEN THAT THEY GET A A+.

Arbor Heights Elementary School 1

Posted September 15, 2010
My child's teacher was fantastic. However, after seeing several poster boards go up about bullying I asked my child if they were having a problem with it in school. The reply "only when the teachers bully the bad students." I witnessed an incident where the principal was berating a kindergartener in the hallway on a Monday morning. That is inexcusable!

Arbor Heights Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2010
The parents are very active and supportive. The majority of the teachers are great. The leadership is lacking.

Posted April 16, 2010
Our kids attended a lot of schools in Seattle, private and public. Arbor Heights is our favorite by far. The kids love it here. Great energy! Awesome staff! So happy with Arbor Heights.

Posted February 08, 2009
After visiting most of the West Seattle elementary schools during the kindergarten tours, we were blown away with the incredible teachers and classrooms at Arbor Heights. We even toured some great private schools but kept going back to Arbor. Although this is not our neighborhood school, we decided to enroll our daughter at Arbor Heights this year. So glad we did because she is just thriving! She is learning, making friends, and is excited to go to school. The parent involvement is incredible and we feel very connected to the families and teachers.

Arbor Heights Elementary School
3701 SW 104th St., Seattle, WA  98146
Last modified Arbor Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arbor Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top