Posted June 24, 2013
Daniel Bagley is wonderful! We've had kids here since 2006 and just love everything about this place.

Posted May 09, 2013
Bagley is a great school. My son is in kindergarten and loves going to school. His teacher, the PTA, and the school culture are all exceptional.

Daniel Bagley Elementary School 4

Posted October 12, 2010
My two grandchildren have blossomed in their Montessori classes at Bagley. It especially pleases me to see them becoming avid readers!

Daniel Bagley Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
It challenges their minds and is gentle with their souls.

Posted January 05, 2009
We love this school. I have a 4th grader and 1st grader there and cant wait for my 2 year-old to attend there in a few years. Fabulous principal, with extremely dedicated teachers and parents. I cant imagine sending my children anywhere else.

Posted January 05, 2009
Daniel Bagley has been a wonderful for my daughter, who is in 2nd grade this year. It is a smaller school with a warm old-world charm inside with teachers and staff that care so much about the kids. The Montessori program is unique to our school district and my independent daughter thrives using the small group learning methods. It is also easy for kids to advance at their own levels, making it more challenging and interesting for the kids. The health and fitness program is extremely motivating for the kids, and the art and library programs are also excellent, with committed professionals we are grateful to have. The parents are involved, happy to help and volunteer, and it is a close-knit community that I would recommend to nearly everyone.

Posted January 02, 2009
Caring teachers, fantastic leadership and significant parent involvement make for a wonderful learning environment. Our daughter loves being a Bagley Bee! She is in the contemporary kindergarten program, and we've had nothing but a positive experience. Her teacher has been attentive to her needs as an advanced learner, and the K/1 split classrooms have been a positive. The proximity to Aurora Ave. was an initial concern, but there has never been a problem.

Daniel Bagley Elementary School 0

Posted July 24, 2008
This school is fabulous! It has an active parent body and is just a delightful community. In response to the comment below: the class sizes are sometimes large, but there are usually a teacher and an aide, so the ratios are quite good. Also, the class rooms are physically big. My son tested into Lowell, but we are keeping him here because we love it and feel like he is appropriately challenged. Teachers are committed, responsive, and very caring. Our new principal is simply excellent. The building itself doesn't look like much from the outside, but is charming inside -- tall ceilings, old fashioned woodwork and chalkboards, and a huge playground. Also, as mentioned, we have such a great health and fitness (PE) teacher who is adored by the students (as a parent of an active boy, I appreciate the PE program -- nothing like when I was a kid)

Daniel Bagley Elementary School 3

Posted July 12, 2008
too many students in a class very slow progress in knowlege growth poor maintenance of the building

Posted September 18, 2006
Daniel Bagley offers both Montessori & Contemporary classrooms yet still feels like one family. It is not uncommon for one family to have children in both programs, and it is so wonderful to be able to select the style of learning that works best for your children, in one building. The teachers are dedicated educators who truly care about kids, and always go the extra measure. We have an amazing art teacher, music teacher, librarian, and an especially amazing health and fitness teacher who together round out the superlative education these children receive. The PTA has near 100% membership, and through effective fund-raising, provides the music program as well as extensive after school programs. These include Spanish, yoga, art, science, kickball, basketball, sewing and many more. Not very many years ago, this school was on the way out, today enrollment is at maximum capacity with a waiting list! What progress!

Daniel Bagley Elementary School
7821 Stone Av North, Seattle, WA  98103
Last modified Daniel Bagley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Daniel Bagley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.