Seattle, WA
Students enrolled: 1,643

Posted April 03, 2014
My son is a sophomore this year and he's had a great experience at Ballard in 9th and 10th grade. He has enjoyed almost all of his subjects and I have found his teachers to be very responsive to questions. The Maritime program and Mr. Foster are exceptional. The one time I had a question for his school counselor, she was great, too. I have seen no evidence of bullying and lots of school spirit!

Ballard High School 2

Posted November 04, 2011
Great teachers, horrible administration. The administrative personnel are true bureaucrats, education is secondary at best. I have found the principle and vice principal condescending, unresponsive to parent concerns, and completely incompetent in dealing with student issues.

Posted November 28, 2010
ballard high school is the only school in seattl and king county that offers the martime program which is alot of fun. the teacher are mazing and are alway makingclass fun and easy to learn in.

Posted May 15, 2009
Ballard is a great school. Excellent teachers and wonderful parent community. Even though it is a large high school - they have various programs that have tried to give it a smaller feel. Great sports programs and many good kids.

Posted January 10, 2008
I am in the Ballard Maritime Achademy and it is the reason I go to school everyday. Teachers Mr. Foster and Mrs. Vogel are fun and inspiring. I love the opertunities the academy has given me and I know it will continue providing them. If a prospective Ballard student has any maritime background, the Ballard Maritime Academy is the best option for you.

Posted November 15, 2007
Fantastic executive leadership - the principal/vice principals are largely alums, demonstrating the depth of commitment to the community. The school's foundation has raised $2 million over ten years - making ballard high school in seattle one of the most highly supported public schools in america. The school's video production program is rated as the #1 high school film school in america - graduates regularly go to the top film schools on both coasts. The biotechnology program has enormous support from industry and top universities in the region. The institute of finance regularly sends its graduates to wall street for elite internships with the top firms. The earl kelly performing arts center is a top flight drama program. The best thing is that students can be involved with all of these programs during their four years at ballard - the school is inclusive, open and diverse.

Posted October 12, 2006
I am a student at Ballard in the biotech academy. I love it at this school, the academics are good. I know a few things that could be changed, but its still a good school. Our football team is not doing so well but, women's soccer is doing phenomenally with the new help of the freshman. The art program is pretty good quality, but I'm in art class and I don't like it because the teacher doesn't give you much 'breathing room' for creativity. You have to follow her rules. the music program sounds good and I like Mr.James the Music teacher, but the biotech LA class competes with the orchestra. I don't know much about parent involvement because I hardly ever see parents, but there are so many booster clubs I can only assume it's doing well. The school climate is very positive but it has its complications.

Ballard High School 3

Posted June 17, 2006
Ballard High School has a reputation of being a party school, but it is still one of the best public schools in the Seattle area. It is a very safe school and it has one of the best locations for a high school.

Posted April 28, 2005
Ballard High School is excellent. It recently completed a 30 Million dollar renovation and is now widely recognized as one of the premier High Schools in Seattle. They have an excellent teaching faculty, excellent music and drama department, the sports program was the state championship in football (2 years ago) and the grounds are fantastic.

Posted April 15, 2005
Ballard offers high quality programs taught by excellent teachers. The school is big, and can be impersonal, but parent involvement is exceptionally good.

Ballard High School
1418 NW 65 St, Seattle, WA  98117
Last modified Ballard High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ballard High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top