School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We welcome parent and community feedback! Please let us know how we are doing and offer suggestions on ways we can continue to learn and grow! You can post here or at scjaskot@seattleschools.org
March 30, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted July 11, 2016
Thank you to everyone for helping to support a strong community school! We appreciate being encouraged to get involved however possible. It does take a 'Village.'

Posted July 11, 2016
From my 3rd grader, "Every day there are challenges that make you think. Some kids need extra help. Some kids are fast learners like me. Some kids are in the middle. The teachers help us learn at our own pace. My favorite things about B.F. Day are 'Village,' music with Mr. Erik, P.E. with Mr. Delaney, art with Ms. Pierce, math, reading, the playground, the garden, the Upper Upper field...just everything."

Posted June 28, 2016
We've been at B F Day for the last 3 years, and I am so in love with this little school. My son has received such consistent and heartfelt support from every member of staff. When he struggled, they helped him get services to support his academic growth AND his personal growth. Whenever we have had issues, those issues have always been heard and addressed in a timely and serious fashion. There is an honest acceptance of differences and a celebration of diversity. These educators genuinely care for these children, and it shows in every interaction. Kids are encouraged to be a part of a community and support each other. A really wonderful environment. My son is moving on to middle school, but BF Day will always have a special place in my heart.

Posted March 30, 2016
- a school leader

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted February 10, 2016
I would say in my opinion not all of the teachers are equally effective. However, the overall classroom vibe is very positive and supportive.

Posted February 10, 2016
This is our daughter's second year at BF Day elementary and I am really blown away by the great community of families at the heart of the school. The classrooms have strong parental volunteer support, myself, my wife, and my mother all spend time in the classroom and enjoy seeing the students and teachers in action.

Posted February 09, 2016
This is our second year at BF Day Elementary and we love this school! My daughter has had fabulous teachers, and the principal effectively pulls together staff, students, the families, PTA and the local community to form a cohesive and well rounded education for the students. The fact that students receive multiple lessons a week in PE and art along with a strong literacy and math instruction makes this teacher (Seattle Public School elementary teacher) and mom confident that BF Day will properly engage and prepare the children for middle school and beyond. The playground at the school is fabulous, and it never feels crowded unlike many SPS elementary playgrounds. We also use the on-site Boys and Girls club afterschool care and not only love it for the convenience, but also for its fabulous teachers who bring in music, history and sports in their daily plans. BF Day received the School of Distinction Award this year for its significant improvements. Sadly, the overall score on GreatSchools doesn't reflect this significant improvement in the school.

Posted December 01, 2015
BF Day is a little school with a LOT of heart. The teachers are 100% committed and care deeply about both the social and mental development of our children. The PTSA and parent community is strong and welcoming and effective. I am proud to have my family as a part of the BF Day family.

Posted October 12, 2015
Our daughter is in 2nd grade at B.F. Day, and for each of these three years, we've had the best elementary school teachers that we've experienced in Seattle Public Schools (we have two older kids who went to another nearby elementary school). This is a very kid and family focused school - there is of course a focus on academics, but I feel B.F. Day looks at every kid more holistically and works to meet their needs as a learner. The parents are strongly supportive of the school, but not in a pushy way. There is as much volunteering in the classrooms here as I've seen at any other school, but it often goes beyond that (parents offering their professional expertise in music, for example, and teaching an all-school curriculum). There are a lot of different kinds of people in our school community, and it is enriching. I know people always say that, but it's actually true here. Beautiful old building (1892! but renovated), new playground (city grants arranged by the PTSA), and an adjacent park that we use for PE and special outdoor events. There is a lot of space for everything. Strong, experienced principal in his 2nd year at the school but with extensive experience in and out of Seattle. It's a good school, well worth visiting.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted October 12, 2015
We have a mix of experienced teachers who have been at the school for a while, and several teachers that are new this year. We're only in 2nd grade, but the teachers we've had at B.F. Day have been excellent thus far - the best we've had in Seattle Public Schools (and we've been in two other elementary schools).

3921 Linden Av North, Seattle, WA  98103
Last modified B F Day Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.