Seattle, WA

Posted June 30, 2012
one of the best. when I got surprised when I saw this low rate it not true at all.

Posted June 10, 2011
My daughter transferred to B.F. Day from a French immersion private school and we were concerned as to how she would adjust to not only a public school system but also one set up completely differently than the French system she was coming out of. Our concerns completely faded as we got to know her teacher and saw how her English reading skills blossomed. She was involved in an after school tutoring program provided by the school to help with her English reading and we have seen an amazing improvement. She loves the public school family environment we have found at B.F. Day. I would also like to point out that although class size is general is about 17 or 18 in comparison to some of the other public schools in the area it has less students and there is always a huge participation by parents/interns in the class room. I would recommend this school to any family and encourage them to talk with the principal who is very engaging and helpful in addressing any questions and concerns. It was the right fit for our daughter and we are thrilled to have her as a student at B.F. Day Elementary.

Posted May 27, 2010
The old brick facade and large front doors open to a hallway of stairs and give the school iteself rich character. The principal stands outside to greet kids, keeping a watchful eye out as the buses arrive every morning and depart every afternoon. She knows both me and my husband's names by first name, half way through my daughter's first year. The hallways are open, the classrooms have natural sunlight. Our teacher is highly reguarded by parents and colleagues. Acedemics are balanced. (She's in K and now reading at 2nd grade level). Provided school lunches are healthy and natural. The play yard comes with all the regular play space and equipment, but also small climbing trees, and dirt patches. They visit the beach at the beginning and end of each year, letting the children roam (with adequate supervision) free to discover and connect with the Earth. Great, home-like school.

B F Day Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2009

Posted March 25, 2009
We have two children at B.F. Day (1st and 3rd grades) and have only the best things to say about this school. The principal is excellent; the staff is dedicated, talented and caring; and the community is warm and interesting. The student body is very diverse which is unique for the north end and the various programs and special projects that the children take part in make their experience here very rich. My kids really feel excited to go to school everyday and very nurtured at this special place. B.F. Day is truly a hidden gem in Seattle's hyped-up northwest cluster.

Posted January 13, 2009

Posted February 27, 2008
Two kids here, one started in 2nd grade while the other started K. So many great teachers and families. Have seen the retiring and subsequent replacement of a few teachers, new teachers are well chosen. After school program on-site is also 5 stars.

Posted December 17, 2007
We've had nothing but good experiences at BF Day. When my Kindergardener started this year and was having separation anxiety, the principal helped us for weeks every morning until my son got into the swing of things. So far my kids have had two excellent teachers and one that is good but not great. The teachers and principal have been very interested and responsive when I've voiced concerns over my kids development and learning. Of course class sizes are too large, as in most Washington schools. But that's a state funding issue, not the fault of the school. I think the fact that it's a pretty small school makes a difference.

B F Day Elementary School 4

Posted June 28, 2007

B F Day Elementary School 4

Posted February 25, 2005
B F Day is the most family-oriented school my children have attended. There's always an open invitation for me to attend classes, fieldtrips, family dinners... there are always many volunteers around. It's a close and caring environment. It's also the most diverse school we've attended -- in both student & staff population, and subject matter students are exposed to. In addition to the core math, writing & reading subjects, teachers make it their mission to broaden the scope of their students' learning. In addition to textbooks, my 4th grader reads The Seattle Times regularly, and my 3rd grader reads novels about families & endangered wildlife in China, anItalian mouse, American immigrant children... He's seeing the world through the books he reads in class and learning to empathize w/ other cultures. My 4th grader built an electric motor and even told me how it works. It's a creative, enriching place for kids to grow.

B F Day Elementary School
3921 Linden Av North, Seattle, WA  98103
Last modified B F Day Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
B F Day Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top