Seattle, WA

Posted May 30, 2015
Dearborn Park International School is such a warm and welcoming school! They have a diverse community of both staff members and families where many languages and cultures are celebrated. They've made great academic gains in the past few years and their principal Angela Bogan is one of a kind. The teachers there work hard to support ALL students. Students can learn Spanish or Chinese starting in Kindergarten and they can also participate in after school academic and sports clubs (SCATS). Both the PE and music program are phenomenal and students perform at various venues around the state. Go Dragons!

Posted April 08, 2015
Dearborn Park has flourished under the direction of Principal Angela Bogan. It is an international school offers Dual Language Instruction in Spanish and Mandarin Chinese in addition to English; has a high quality Seattle Preschool Program , Causeys Early Learning Center on site. I have two children who went to Dearborn. My daughter in 5th grade and my son started at Causeys Pre-K, Kindergarten & 1st grade. The school is also open concept in the early elementary grades and provides , the school has an excellent afterschool enrichment clubs like Chinese Traditional Fan, Lion and Dragon dancing, SCATS Acrobatic Arts, Chess Club, Math Club and Language Club offering Spanish and Mandarin all clubs are free or offered at a very low fee. Both my students tested in to the gifted program this past year and although the school does not have an Accelerated Placement Program (APP) the teachers and Principal worked together to create a learning plan to be sure that my students individual learning needs were met.

Dearborn Park Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2013
I love this school I went here for elementary school as well as my little brother. My daughter is now going to start school this September and I wish i still lived Seattle. Even though its been about 20 years i truly appreciated my teachers and both my principals. Mr. James was awesome and I wish he never left! Teachers here care for their students and enforce encouragement! Thank you DEARBORN PARK!! HOME OF THE DRAGONS! BTW we had the best SCATS team!

Dearborn Park Elementary School 3

Posted March 16, 2010
Dearborn Park Elementary is a good school, it could be better if it focused more on academic fitness, rather than physical fitness. For some students we noticed too much time is spent in the gym. Before the bell rings, 2x a week gym class and afterschool, not including recess. Is there time for them to pick up a book and read?

Dearborn Park Elementary School

Posted September 16, 2009
Dearborn Park is a wonderful mix of diversity. My children love this school, the principal, the teachers and especially the sports and singing! It has been a great experience and my daughter has been there for almost 6 years now!

Dearborn Park Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2008
The PhysEd program and after school sports excel in the district. The music and dance instruction likewise give the children a great learning opportunity. The Art program could use improvement. There are several teachers whom I've experienced as excellent or heard are. The principal is active and involved. The office is supportive and responsive. This year is a transitional year: new principal, teachers/staff from two different schools being combined into one building, so there are bumps to work out. Student achievement ranks very low in standardized testing, and I have not yet figured out how my gifted child will be served to the extent desired. The classroom sizes this year are too large in my opinion, especially since many children speak English as a second language and come from economically and educationally challenged situations. Considering the challenges this school faces, it should be commended.

Posted January 22, 2008
this school is very nice and contacts the parents immediatly.they always give notices.

Dearborn Park Elementary School
2820 South Orcas St, Seattle, WA  98108
Last modified Dearborn Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dearborn Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top