Eckstein Middle School 3

Posted August 29, 2014
its a nice school and nice teachers some are mean but some are nice teachers

Posted May 11, 2014
I hate this school. I would cry atleast twice a week because of eckstein. you need to be in the "popular group" in order to fit in and not get bullied or gossiped about. plus 8th graders and 7th graders push you around and bully you. yes I am in the popular group but they do that to me. the 7th graders cuss at me and stuff it's annoying. Teachers are ok at the school but don't really help you. I use to have A's and B's to B's, C's and D's friends at this school can have a huge impact on you. They can change your grades by having a bad influence on you and get you into so much drama. I seriously I hate this school. Friends at this school can later on make you bad in high school making you maybe take drugs if your not smart. The principal barely doesn't care about anything. I could make a book about how bad eckstein is.

Eckstein Middle School 5

Posted April 28, 2014
The instrumental music program at Eckstein, led by Mr. Escobedo, is the best in the West, judging by the high awards the Sr. Jazz Band received in Reno, Monterre and other festivals. I'm also applauding this because my grandson, a pianist, has benefitted from this music program. He is inspired to excellence in every area of his studies by other excellent teachers and a culture of achievement.

Posted April 04, 2014
Coming from an eighth grader, i hate this school. The teachers here dont care about the students at all, the cafeteria food and staff are awefull, there is a fairly high amount of drug use by the student body, and EVERYTHING is standardized. In gym, we take tests and write notes, and in all of the other classes its just a barrage of tests, one after another. Most of the teachers at this school dont care about the students at all, and nothing is remotely interesting. I used to be a straight A student until this new curriculum started and everything became standardized . It is the worst taco place I have ever been to.

Eckstein Middle School 4

Posted March 06, 2014
I'm surprised by all of the bad reviews! We have a current 7th grader and have had a very positive experience at Eckstein. She is involved in 2 different bands, school sports, advanced math and writing classes, takes a foreign language and comes home happy each afternoon. The teachers seem responsive, encouraging, and capable. We had an unfortunate incident with one of the PE teachers, but you can complete a PE waiver and skip it altogether. The school is very full, but I expect that there will be a bit more room next year, when half the school attends the new Jane Adams Middle School. Bottom line: I would recommend this school to a friend.

Eckstein Middle School 2

Posted October 29, 2013
Female bullying is NOT taken seriously at this school. My daughter was tormented by a group of girls (who in previous years had gotten in trouble for this behavior) and when she finally had the courage to talk to principal Sherri Kokx she was told that it wasn't a school issue! The math program is a joke. Homework is only checked to see if it is complete and is never graded so students don't know if they are doing it correctly until quizzes/tests. Nothing besides tests are counted towards grades on report cards. I added 1 star as there are a handful of caring teachers which are really interested in the students and want them to succeed.

Posted July 02, 2013
Used to be a student I thought this school was terrible. The teachers were bad the students were awful. It was either a really good teacher or really bad teacher. The principle is really unreasonable and some of the students are awful. If you're not part of the popular group they treat you differently. I would never recommend this school to anyone.

Eckstein Middle School 5

Posted June 10, 2013
this is the best school i have ever been to! the teachers are terrific! and there are great people there!!!!

Eckstein Middle School 2

Posted February 03, 2013
I would recommend this school to no one. The only people who enjoy it are the "popular" kids who constantly berate and make fun of everyone else. The teachers are either great, mediocre, or terrible. All the other adults are patronizing and somewhat vindictive. The rules are strict and the authority has clearly gone to all of the Office's collective heads. The education is dull and non inclusive. The teachers rarely focus on the individual students. Full of cliques and moderate racism/homophobia. Would. Not. Recommend.

Eckstein Middle School 4

Posted December 14, 2012
ECKSTEIN MIDDLE SCHOOL IS A ROCKIN SCHOOL. its fun, idk what y'all r sayin'. i mean like i got friends. im in the pop group, u know like popular. i mean when i walk in the halls i see great people swearing a cussing but its alright we used to it. no actually. it might not have a great reputation but as far as the learning goes and the teachers, they are great! ive made the best relationships here because its so diverse. small schools suck because you cant get to know people that arent exactly like you.

Eckstein Middle School
3003 NE 75 St, Seattle, WA  98115
Last modified Eckstein Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eckstein Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.