Posted June 05, 2013
Franklin High School is really amazing, the teachers are really nice, and I have learned so, much here. It's not a perfect school but it's really wonderful.

Posted March 21, 2012
Franklin has been an amazing experience. I can't sit back and read all the reviews written by angry students who do not take full advantage of Franklin's opportunities and do nothing about it. As a very involved senior in FHS, I can honestly say that I have liked if not loved every second at this school. You won't find a more interesting and friendly bunch of students anywhere else in Seattle. Contrary to what other students are say, I see no cliques. The lunch room is extremely diverse and students always find a friend to call their own. i will write more..

Posted March 21, 2012
Franklin is an excellent student. I am currently a senior at Franklin, and I love it. It is such a unique school because of the diversity of the student body, the amazing spirit that the students have, and the sense of family you feel when at the school. Many complain about freshman year and not being able to get involved, but that's just not true. Freshman have their own lunch where they are required to stay in the commons. At first I thought it was dumb, but that year "trapped" in the commons became one of the best memories about my freshman year. Our class got to bond and get to know each other really well. These bonds continue to build through all 4 years of high school. The teachers at Franklin are also really great. Sure, there is the occasional not so great teacher, but you'll find that at every school. The teachers, staff, and administration are always there to support each student really care about everyone. The education that you receive from Franklin is just like the top high schools, and every year, seniors get into some of the top colleges are always very prepared for college.

Posted March 03, 2011
I am both an alumni and a parent at Franklin. I must admit I had concerns when my son was assigned to Franklin. I did not know whether it was the same place I had loved when I attended 20 years ago. That said we have been extremely happy with the school. The students, teachers and staff have been exceptional and I truly feel that my son is getting a high quality education. He has participated in every possible activity and has had great experiences in all of them. The student body is diverse but has not seemed divided in our experiece. I am sure that there are issues as there are in every school but we have been very happy there.

Posted December 20, 2010
It's true that 9th graders don't have the opportunities to join clubs and other activities. I was assign to this school by the new school district system, and I have to say this place is awful. People smoke weed all the time, there are fights every week, people are extremely rude to the teachers, kids burn trash cans in the bathroom, they even break the windows, and because of that we had cancel tolo for 4 years straight already.

Posted October 12, 2010
My son graduated from Franklin with an education that rivaled that of all the other children in the family who went to high schools outside of Seattle. Franklin continues to provide an excellent education to students from all socio-economic and ethnic/racial groups.

Posted December 03, 2009
As a citizen of Seattle, Truly there is no better school than Franklin High out of the many fine teaching instiutions within this district. Schools such as Garfield, Ballard, Rainier Beach, and Cleveland cannot even compare to the unique social experience, academic excellence, and equal diversity that Franklin High has to offer. If you are in search of a High school that will transform your child into an academic scholar and civically engaged individual, without hesistation contact the school and enroll your student.

Posted August 06, 2009
as a student that attended franklin high school, i would have to say i wasn't very fond of franklin high school. there are a million cliques and you can't do much as a ninth grader (you can't even join clubs in 9th grade except for the selected few) the 9th graders are pretty much ignored! as far as the education, besides my core classes (science, language arts, and history) i didn't feel i was getting educated to my full potential, and that was even doing honors! and some teachers don't listen when you ask a question!

Posted June 26, 2009

Posted January 09, 2009

Franklin High School
3013 South Mt Baker Bv, Seattle, WA  98144
Last modified Franklin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top