Seattle, WA

Kimball Elementary School 4

Posted February 02, 2012
My daughter went to this school for Kindergarten and had the lovely experience of Mrs. D as a teacher!! A wonderful teacher my daughter loved her, her class, and enjoyed all of the spirit events and more. I had been nervous as we all are at our kids starting at a public school but I was very very happy with this school and the passion that I saw in the staff, from the cafeteria lady, to the principal and classroom teacher. My only gripe was based on budget cuts more than the school which was the lack of a nurse on location...more of a government issue than a school issue.

Kimball Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2011
The teachers at Kimball are horrible. Constantly, my little sister would come home and tell me how their teachers would use her as example and publicly humilate her in front of their classmates. She's been having trouble with her schoolwork but is too afraid to ask for help because of THAT. And then we get a letter was sent home asking for money/food donations to throw a party for the teachers. I'm all about giving thanks when it's due, but in this case, thanks is the last thing I'd give!

Kimball Elementary School

Posted April 24, 2010
This is a wonderful cultural mix of students and teachers--all helping to teach and learn about a lot more than subjects. It needs help.

Posted September 16, 2009
Amazing teachers, staff and the quality of education is wonderful. My daughter loves her school and enjoyed her first day as a first grader.

Posted December 19, 2008
Wonderful diversity and parent involvement. New emphasis this year on continuity and consistency. Creative, conscientious and caring teachers result in kids who love to go to school!

Posted March 01, 2008
Great school, good diversity and teachers that really love what they do. Parents are warm and friendly. I would have loved it to go to a school like this.

Kimball Elementary School 4

Posted March 08, 2006
Great school, culturally diverse,high parent involvement, lots of music, technology,after-school clubs, good test scores, only down side is class size average=27, low staff turnover, 'open concept' meaning no walls between classrooms, all three classes of each grade are team-taught.

Posted January 03, 2006
Kimball is a warm, loving, friendly and fun environment. The PTSA is extremely involved which I think helps make this an absolutely fabulous school.

Posted June 20, 2005
Kimball is a terrific school with a strong, supportive community, experienced dedicated teachers and high parent involvement. It is an 'open concept' school, which helps to nurture community and friendships. Kimball celebrates its racially and ethnically diverse school population and this diversity strengthens the learning atmosphere for all the students. Strong teachers, a strong principal, a strong parent-teacher association and sensible policies guarantee a safe and stimulating learning environment for students.

Kimball Elementary School
3200 23 Av South, Seattle, WA  98144
Last modified Kimball Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kimball Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top