Posted September 01, 2014
I love working at this school. The community's motto seems to be that everyone wins when we help each person succeed. The PTA funds a family support worker and helps buy holiday presents for kids at the school in need. Kids usually seem willing to try new things and work through difficult academic and social problems. The principal is supportive and helpful when I need him, visits my classroom at least once a week, and leaves me alone if I'm doing my job well. Most of the other teachers seem motivated and dedicated to trying new things and helping kids and adults learn.

Posted June 04, 2013
Love the community, performances and events. Greenwood has a great facility, talented staff and we love walking to school!

Posted May 03, 2013
What a wonderful kindergarten experience! My son thrived at Greenwood. He's in their enrichment program for advanced learners. All the teachers are amazing: classroom teachers, art teacher, librarian, PE teacher, etc. We consider ourselves very lucky that it's our neighborhood school.

Posted September 16, 2009
An amazing neighborhood school with a very cohesive staff who work beautifully together, and an extremely suppportive PTA who work tirelessly. A strong acamedic focus with additional strengths in P.E, the arts (artist in residence), after school clubs such as drama, and fun community activities. Celebrating 100 years Dec. 2009!

Posted September 16, 2009
Great community involvement and much, much improvement over the years!

Posted February 16, 2009
A wonderful community of talented and caring teachers/staff, involved parents and a dynamic principal. Our child is very happy here, and we're pleased with his academic progress. Yes, this school is changing (as do all public schools with each new year), the population is growing meaning class sizes are larger (but the same as surrounding schools); But Greenwood offers a truly diverse community, special education opportunities, after-school clubs, visual and performing art classes, involved principal and great teachers! if you're in this neighborhood, take a look!

Posted November 23, 2008
Greenwood Elementary is one of best community experiences our family has had. Like many Seattle schools, there are some real struggles with class sizes, overcrowding and few funds, but I am very impressed at th quality of the faculty and parent community. My daughter is having a wonderful time and is really learning the joy of learning.

Posted November 12, 2008
This is our 12th year at Greenwood, our neighborhood school. This beautiful building has seen it's share of ups and downs, but in 2008 we can safely say, it is on an up swing. Many of the neighborhood families choose to send their children to other public schools because they do not see their children fitting into a school that has the diversity in ethnicity and socio-economics that Greenwood has. That completely defeats the purpose of neighborhood schools and the public school system. We can attest to the wonderful staff and community at Greenwood, who inspire their students to rise above and succeed. Many of our students have hardships beyond any one's imagination. Nevertheless, we love them and support them and they grow at Greenwood. If this is your neighborhood school, feel blessed and enjoy.

Posted September 21, 2008

Posted December 25, 2007
I couldn't be happier to have my Daughter anywhere else. The teachers, the parent involvement is great. She loves it too!

Greenwood Elementary School
144 NW 80 St, Seattle, WA  98117
Last modified Greenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top