Seattle, WA

Posted June 26, 2015
o far our experience at Hamilton for 6th in the HCC/APP program has been good. Good communication from teachers and great principal. The facility is great and was remodeled inside. Could be stronger in HCC Science, but LA/SS, Spanish, Math (8th) and Orchestra were good.

Posted December 18, 2014
By the stats, we have a %14 suspension rate, one of the district's highest. Overall, it's too competetive! APP program's rigirous, but lots of hw.

Posted November 07, 2014
Overall, hamilton isn't very good. It's overcrowded, some classes being 36 students or more (for the 2013-14 school year, the class average was 33), and my LA class is 35, my SS 31, my Science 34, as is art...and so on. Overall, most teachers are very unfair-not respecting a student's opinion (e.g., when country-territory is lectured on, a teacher is angry if s/he is argued with). Overall, while some administrator (the House Admin.) are good, it needs improvement. The APP program is good, but is kind-of easy (except for math-up to Geometry in 7th), and science is BORING. It needs improvement...

Posted September 29, 2014
this school is for smart people. Whitman is trash. salmon bay is recycle. jk it is ok

Posted April 02, 2014
I am an 8th grader here at HIMS and I hate it. I only like two of my five teachers. The school is nice looking and is full of cool people but there is many reasons I am so happy I get to leave this trap. The main reason is that the APP program gets more field trips, and gets treated with more respect than other learning levels. It is great for them, but for other kids don't get the same pampering. There is many examples but I have to head off to school. -Hamilton Sucks

Hamilton International Middle School 2

Posted February 25, 2014
I am a 6th grade APP student at Hamilton and I don't like it here at all. I only like one of my five teachers. I cannot work well their at all. Both of the 6th grade science teachers this year are bad. I am hoping to transfer schools next year because I dislike it so much. Its a nice looking and well funded school for sure but its not as good education wise for me.

Posted August 03, 2013
My daughter will attend this school next year. I am interested in knowing more. This site won't let me read reviews until I write something here.

Posted July 21, 2013
This school is amazing. The APP program is good if you have the right teacher, but the program itself isn't that hard. There isn't much homework and most of the students are only sleep deprived because of texting or playing video games. The student body is great, and they teach you useful skills. I had a great teacher, Mr. Moriarty, who encouraged everyone to work hard. His class was great and I've emerged a changed person. He also taught many skills about essay writing, such as a good essay takes 50 minutes to write, 10 for each paragraph. Mr. Pounder is also an amazing teacher. It's pretty easy overall, the math is really basic and I didn't have to study for anything.

Posted May 02, 2013
I am a 7th grader in APP at Hamilton. There is a lot to like about it. The teachers are great, the music program is excellent (we beat eckstein in multiple competitions), and the students are very friendly. However, APP is a very difficult program. Students are given very large amounts of homework. Most of the APP students are quite sleep deprived and stressed. To succeed in APP requires serious dedication to homework. On an average day I get at least 3 hours of difficult homework. But the amount of learning that happens is amazing...I have already done algebra 1 and can write a five paragraph essay in 30 minutes. I am also quite knowledgable in history and I am in an advanced band. The skills we learn in APP are essential in real life. Outside of APP, there is much less homework.

Posted November 05, 2012
Love the school everybody is very devoted at their work kids respect culture and there is no bullying at this school my child loves this school and so do I

Hamilton International Middle School
4400 Interlake Ave North, Seattle, WA  98103
Last modified Hamilton International Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hamilton International Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top