Bad
Good

Child has not experienced or witnessed any bullying whatsoever. Good to great teachers. Good overall experience.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The level of homework is perfect. My son does not have tons of homework at night - he is typically able to complete most of it during home room. But, it must be enough because he is getting good grades!

Have an incoming 6th grader and a student who attended now in 10th grade. The HCC program overall is good and great preparation for AP classes or IBX program in high school. PTA is active at this school and strong. Although it is a large middle school ( like most in Seattle) there have been multiple opportunities for incoming 6th graders to become familiar with the school and an 8th grade buddy/mentor program.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most teacher are bullies; if students have bad grades, or their teacher hates them; theyll embarras them give lots of made-up refferals, and get the kid in trouble. ALso, while their are some knowledgable and great teachers, most...have no knowledge, and tbh suck.

By the stats, we have a %14 suspension rate, one of the district's highest. Overall, it's too competetive! APP program's rigirous, but lots of hw.

Overall, hamilton isn't very good. It's overcrowded, some classes being 36 students or more (for the 2013-14 school year, the class average was 33), and my LA class is 35, my SS 31, my Science 34, as is art...and so on. Overall, most teachers are very unfair-not respecting a student's opinion (e.g., when country-territory is lectured on, a teacher is angry if s/he is argued with). Overall, while some administrator (the House Admin.) are good, it needs improvement. The APP program is good, but is kind-of easy (except for math-up to Geometry in 7th), and science is BORING. It needs improvement...

this school is for smart people. Whitman is trash. salmon bay is recycle. jk it is ok

I am an 8th grader here at HIMS and I hate it. I only like two of my five teachers. The school is nice looking and is full of cool people but there is many reasons I am so happy I get to leave this trap. The main reason is that the APP program gets more field trips, and gets treated with more respect than other learning levels. It is great for them, but for other kids don't get the same pampering. There is many examples but I have to head off to school. -Hamilton Sucks

I am a 6th grade APP student at Hamilton and I don't like it here at all. I only like one of my five teachers. I cannot work well their at all. Both of the 6th grade science teachers this year are bad. I am hoping to transfer schools next year because I dislike it so much. Its a nice looking and well funded school for sure but its not as good education wise for me.

My daughter will attend this school next year. I am interested in knowing more. This site won't let me read reviews until I write something here.

Last modified Hamilton International Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.