Posted January 06, 2014
Looks like a newer construction with a great office staff and engaging programs, the teachers seem to have great programs for the children. 1st day but I really enjoyed meeting everyone and listening in on classes.

Highland Park Elementary School 2

Posted July 22, 2013
This school is focused on all of the wrong things. The staff and the entire school revolves around the students with the "behavioral issues". Many students are completely ignored unless they act out. There are children of parent volunteers whom rules do not apply. The principle is unreasonable and has no real focus other than to flex his authority. An excellent vice principle who was new to the school last year has left due to being "unable to enact real positive change." After 3yrs I am happy my child will by starting 3rd grade at a different school. I hope things improve for the students who will still be attending.

Posted July 28, 2011
Can't say enough about this school! Loved it from 1st to 5th! I think because of the bad scores which are almost impossible to change with so much esl, that the teachers worked overtime to care for and teach the kids in very creative and fun ways! They would constantly have fun learning events for the kids . I have never seen teachers pour their hearts into their jobs as much as here. And as far as the education goes, my daughter went on to virtually skip a grade at a great math academy and I know it's because Highland Park continued to challenge her since the first grade and provide many learning experiences that most schools don't have time for. She even had a teacher take some kids to meet the mayor, in her free time! Not counting the great drama and music opportunities that they offer the kids, they also do fun WASL prep. And for the parents worried about not seeing much homework coming home, it's the budget cuts. When my daughter first started we had tons of paper coming home but I was told in later years that teachers were forced to pay for their own paper so they began conserving and condensing home assignments. And a very healthy and diverse cafeteria menu!

Highland Park Elementary School 3

Posted February 28, 2011
I have a first grader. I'm not seeing much writing coming home so it is hard to evaluate growth in this skill. I'd like to see more writing.

Posted September 17, 2009
Everything about Highland Park is great. Our twin sons love it there, the teachers seem to really care about the children. It is a great environment for learning.

Highland Park Elementary School 3

Posted March 26, 2009
As far as the principal leadership goes she is good as long as what she is doing only has to do with the children and their needs. Other that that she knows how to put on a show... And a good one for evening events. All the rest of the staff at this school rocks! caring, loving teachers that only want the very best for all the kids. Spend time at this school and make up you own mind.

Highland Park Elementary School 4

Posted March 25, 2009
I think they are trying hard to change what others think. There are many spirit days and things going on. I met the principal Ann Gray at an afterschool activity night last week, and she was serving pizza and was very kind as far as I could tell. There does seem to be a big turn around in staff, but I'm not sure why.

Highland Park Elementary School 0

Posted November 19, 2008
I would like to say first and foremost that the teachers at Highland Park are not all new, young & inexperienced and we Do know better! I am currently teaching at Highland Park and enjoy it! I have been teaching more than ten years and have experienced bad principals...I would not consider Ann Gray one of those. She is a strong leader who wants the best for ALL students. She is also a strong minded woman which many find intimidating. She says what she means and means what she says. Some people can't handle that. If you want your child to have an advocate in the district that looks out for the true needs of the students, Ann Gray would be her. I am not a 'kiss up' nor a 'brown noser' I simply know what's best for kids. I am a well liked and respected teacher replying to post: 10/9/08

Posted October 12, 2008

Highland Park Elementary School 4

Posted July 27, 2008
I love this school, The teachers are great, they genuinly care for thier students. The faculty at Highland park are wonderful. My daughter has been going to this school for 3 years and will be entering her forth this year. I am very glad we chose this school for her to attend.

Highland Park Elementary School
1012 SW Trenton St, Seattle, WA  98106
Last modified Highland Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top