Bad
Good

Most of the students are very nice. no one is rejected. Students are encouraged to connect and understand each other. Parent involvement is lacking,but students are very independent. There is a divide felt with in the school. IB students are often only hang out with other IB students, and seem to live in their own world in the school. This is some what the same for the Running Start students, because they are away at a college. The teachers are very kind and helpful, although there are some lackluster teachers and some very picky teachers. Student leadership is highly needed, but is lacking in presence .

I am no longer proud to be a part of the "Ingraham Family". Ingraham has changed soooo much in just a couple of years. It used to be a school were kids of all different ethnicities and backgrounds could connect and build relations with others. Being Asian American i felt so welcomed and accepeted by my peers; i was proud to be a Ram. But in just a few years IHS has lost its culture and the diverse student body that made it a great and fun high school. The school has now been polarized between two different groups, the IB(mainly white and Asian kids) and non IB students. Before, it didnt matter if you were in IB or not, everyone knew and could easily connect with each other; The school actually felt somewhat like a family. Despite all this, i must acknowledge that the IB program is excellent. The teachers are knowledgeable and truly prepare kids for college.

My school has the ultimate "team player" environment! Everyone is so helpful and willing to pitch in for students and families! One of Seattle school's well kept secrets! A great school! Some examples of great things happening at Ingraham: tutoring after school in the library, UW Dream Project, 9th grade mentoring, Teen Truancy Board, awesome sports and student ASB!

My child is in 9th grade and we have been extremely happy. We chose Ingraham OVER our neighborhood high school, Garfield and several private high schools because of its IB program, smaller size and friendlier environment. It has exceeeded our expectations. There are some really outstanding teachers. The IB curriculum pushes critical thinking, not just memorizing facts. And there are an increasing number of highly motivated, academic students who are making this choice over Garfield. It is definatley and up and coming school.

My daughter graduated from IHS. I can say that I was extremely impressed by the teachers she had. She was in the IB program, which she found challenging & truly enjoyed. She also participated in sports & a couple of clubs. The Principal & his staff were always involved. The Principal could be found at any time walking the halls & popping into classrooms to see what was going on. The kids all seemed to respect him a great deal. Anyway, my daughter's education was superb - she was accepted into every University she applied to & is now at the UW (her first choice) where she's been on the Dean's List for all of this past school year (as a Sophomore/Junior) & is in the School of Psychology.

when my son tols me was assigned to Ingrahm I was in the car going to get the asssignment changed My son said mom I can be in the IB program As a parent I am thankful he is in Ingrahm All the negative I heard I havent seen or has my son the staff the coaches the entire experience in h;is freshman year has been wonderful looking forwrard to the next three years

The teachers and students in Ingraham are a really great group of supportive people. These teachers work to really make it happen for the students.

My kid will soon graduate after 4 years at IHS and had, from my perspective, an exceptional experience: made wonderful friends, had many excellent teachers, played sports (3A, I think), went to dances, worked hard, enjoyed most of his classes (hard to be perfect). A midsize comprehensive public high school, big enough for all kids to access many sports, arts and clubs, small enough to be friendly. IHS offers the challenging International Baccalaurate Program - open to all kids to take one IB class or the full diploma course. Many very favorably compare this program to area private schools, and parents with experience with both say the IB program is more challenging than most private schools and FREE (except the tests - like AP). My kid is very well prepared to go onto college. It also has a friendly PTSA. 2009 it will be remodelling and building a math dept. extension.

Diverse, yet united, unique, yet accepting. All you could ask for in a public school: friendly environment that embraces all students.

I graduated from Ingraham in 2007 and loved it. Even though I transferred to IHS in my 11th grade year, the teachers made me feel like I'd been there all along. Ingraham has programs that no other school in the district has, including an amazing marching band, and a championship-winning colorguard! Contrary to what some people say, Ingraham is an incredible school with dedicated staff and students, people just overlook it. I'm glad to be an alumnus.

Last modified Ingraham High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.