Ingraham High School 2

Posted May 08, 2014
I am no longer proud to be a part of the "Ingraham Family". Ingraham has changed soooo much in just a couple of years. It used to be a school were kids of all different ethnicities and backgrounds could connect and build relations with others. Being Asian American i felt so welcomed and accepeted by my peers; i was proud to be a Ram. But in just a few years IHS has lost its culture and the diverse student body that made it a great and fun high school. The school has now been polarized between two different groups, the IB(mainly white and Asian kids) and non IB students. Before, it didnt matter if you were in IB or not, everyone knew and could easily connect with each other; The school actually felt somewhat like a family. Despite all this, i must acknowledge that the IB program is excellent. The teachers are knowledgeable and truly prepare kids for college.

Posted March 13, 2012
My child is in 9th grade and we have been extremely happy. We chose Ingraham OVER our neighborhood high school, Garfield and several private high schools because of its IB program, smaller size and friendlier environment. It has exceeeded our expectations. There are some really outstanding teachers. The IB curriculum pushes critical thinking, not just memorizing facts. And there are an increasing number of highly motivated, academic students who are making this choice over Garfield. It is definatley and up and coming school.

Posted July 25, 2010
My daughter graduated from IHS. I can say that I was extremely impressed by the teachers she had. She was in the IB program, which she found challenging & truly enjoyed. She also participated in sports & a couple of clubs. The Principal & his staff were always involved. The Principal could be found at any time walking the halls & popping into classrooms to see what was going on. The kids all seemed to respect him a great deal. Anyway, my daughter's education was superb - she was accepted into every University she applied to & is now at the UW (her first choice) where she's been on the Dean's List for all of this past school year (as a Sophomore/Junior) & is in the School of Psychology.

Posted May 25, 2010
when my son tols me was assigned to Ingrahm I was in the car going to get the asssignment changed My son said mom I can be in the IB program As a parent I am thankful he is in Ingrahm All the negative I heard I havent seen or has my son the staff the coaches the entire experience in h;is freshman year has been wonderful looking forwrard to the next three years

Ingraham High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers and students in Ingraham are a really great group of supportive people. These teachers work to really make it happen for the students.

Posted May 04, 2009
My kid will soon graduate after 4 years at IHS and had, from my perspective, an exceptional experience: made wonderful friends, had many excellent teachers, played sports (3A, I think), went to dances, worked hard, enjoyed most of his classes (hard to be perfect). A midsize comprehensive public high school, big enough for all kids to access many sports, arts and clubs, small enough to be friendly. IHS offers the challenging International Baccalaurate Program - open to all kids to take one IB class or the full diploma course. Many very favorably compare this program to area private schools, and parents with experience with both say the IB program is more challenging than most private schools and FREE (except the tests - like AP). My kid is very well prepared to go onto college. It also has a friendly PTSA. 2009 it will be remodelling and building a math dept. extension.

Posted July 15, 2008
Diverse, yet united, unique, yet accepting. All you could ask for in a public school: friendly environment that embraces all students.

Posted March 02, 2008
I graduated from Ingraham in 2007 and loved it. Even though I transferred to IHS in my 11th grade year, the teachers made me feel like I'd been there all along. Ingraham has programs that no other school in the district has, including an amazing marching band, and a championship-winning colorguard! Contrary to what some people say, Ingraham is an incredible school with dedicated staff and students, people just overlook it. I'm glad to be an alumnus.

Ingraham High School 2

Posted January 13, 2008

Posted September 04, 2007
I am going to Ingraham and was a freshman last year. The teachers are incredible. They relate to students wonderfully especially in the IB and Honors programs. The activities afterschool are abnormaly well-leaded. There's many to chooses from and all the ones that I've been in are fantastic. Alot of people say that Ingraham is dangerous and not very good compared to Ballard and other schools but that is simply not true. Ingraham proviodes a fantastic place for students to get involved and find their inner-creative selves.

Ingraham High School
1819 North 135 St, Seattle, WA  98133
Last modified Ingraham High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ingraham High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.