Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Supports LD students: Neutral

I personally don't agree with the "Walk to Math" idea. The students break apart into a low math group and a high math group. Other parents like this, but as a teacher with a master's degree in education, I feel that it is a disservice to our more needy students.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The new principal is awesome! She's great with the teachers, parents, and students!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

There is no homework in kindergarten. Kids should play!

Lafayette is wonderful school with warm and inviting teachers, administration, and parents. I have met almost all of the teachers and seen their classrooms. They are all dedicated and excellent teachers. The new principal, Ms. Chaput, is also a great addition. She holds lots of meetings to invite parents into the school. She does morning meetings as well as evening meetings to accommodate working parents. I have found the community to be amazing! We are new to Seattle but it doesn't feel that way! There are lots of Mom's Nights Out where you can meet other Lafayette Moms. I have to say that I am completely impressed with Music, Art, and PE program. They rotate through these three programs every week. I love Kathy and Selina in the front office. They are so warm and welcoming! I really can't say enough about this school. I hope that our principal and teachers stay for many years to come! The only thing that would make Lafayette even better, would be the a new building (but the good news is that it's in the works!). Also, I hope the school district will adopt a new reading curriculum for our teachers!!! It's unfair that they have to write their own curriculum. Despite this, the teachers do a wonderful job with what they have available.

Strengths: Dedicated teachers and staff! Diverse student community - in terms of race, culture and economics- and there is attention to equity among all groups. Bullying not tolerated, focused on social and emotional learning. Strong academic achievement, diverse learning opportunities. Secured campus. Many caring adults throughout the school watching out for all kids. Cons: Principal is a poor communicator and limits himself greatly with the parent community. The school has been through a number of principals prior to his arrival but he has stuck around for several years now.

We are new to Seattle and new to the school and I absolutely love how they made my boys fit right in. What an amazing staff. Keep up the good work! Sincerely one Happy parent :-)

As a mom of three kids at Lafayette (1st, 3rd, 4th), all three of whom are very different learners, we have had an overwhelmingly positive experience from day one. The teachers are incredible. The families have been collaborative and supportive. And though our five years there have seen all of the administrative transition that other reviewers have mentioned, our kids have been thoroughly protected from an awareness of any unrest behind-the-scenes. We love our neighborhood school and are thankful to be having such a positive experience in the public school system!

I am a parent of 2 current students at Lafayette Elementary. Both love the school. Parental involvement is very high. The teachers are great, most with years of experience - it shows. It is an excellent elementary school.

Lafayette is an amazing place, filled with charismatic, involved teachers and kind support staff. The parental involvement and community support shines at this school. We all want the best for our children and Lafayette delivers excellence in education with aplomb.

Cool school in a walking neighborhood. Love, love love our 1st (Ms. Rowlette) and 3rd (Ms. Bell) grade teachers.

Last modified Lafayette Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.