Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Lawton is an amazing school. My children have gone there for 6 years each, and they absolutely loved it. The teachers are amazing (not to mention the Washington State Teacher of the Year, Mr.Terry). Very welcoming, amazing staff, and wonderful students!

When we moved our family to the area, we were thrilled to have landed at Lawton. We were welcomed with open arms and really can't say enough about the quality of the teachers (experienced 1st and now 2nd). They are excellent. The physical education program is unique and very different from what I have seen in other schools. We love the art docent program, the foreign language options, the before & after school enrichment opportunities. The new principal, Mr. Lanza, is kind and caring and is highly involved with students & parents.

My son comes back very happy to be a part of the school. He is a different child now. I love Lawton and I appreciate everyone effort to turn this in the best school I know.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My sons teacher really inspire him to be the best version of himself. She shows affection and expects collaboration from her students. She is an A teacher

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

My son was a student there with special needs and the staff was not able to work with him. They were well meaning but they just didn't have the resources or flexibility to work with my son. My son still talks about how they hurt him with CPI holds.

The staff was not able to support my special needs child due to lack of resources and flexibility. My child still talks about his time at the school and cries about how they hurt him when they held him with CPI holds.

Great environmental focus with sustainability education, walking school buses, and teachers that model a bike/walk to work motto. Amazing after school offerings with a wide variety for all loves/interests. PTA supports outdoor field trips, arts, P.E., and enrichment. Love world cultures focus and love the physics Fridays. No school is perfect but with the open atmosphere, welcoming parents, and engaging atmosphere is really close!

I have 2 children at Lawton - they just finished 1st and 3rd grades. I have found the teachers to be quite good. There is variation of course, as there is always when people are concerned. The principal seems to be highly involved. He has phone me 4-5 times personally about any concerns about my son being bullied (he's very sensitive) and has been able to speak directly and explicitly about education plans for him as he is high-performing and I was concerned about him becoming bored and dis-interested in school. I am not overly fond of the music teacher but overall, the school exceeds my expectations and my kids' like it.

Lawton is an absolutely great school with strong parents/teachers involvement and a great community overall. Teachers are very involved and seem to be genuinely caring about your children's education and character building . We started at Lawton and then had to be away for a year in a different school - so, we truly know the difference! It is a great environment where my kids thrived. We are very lucky.

Our son is just wrapping up his first year at Lawton, in kindergarten. I am amazed at the involvement on campus and how much time and energy caring parents put into this school. Lawton has more resources and parent-involvement than private schools we toured. The teachers devote much more than their time into their students - teaching them compassion and the love for learning, in addition to spending evenings and weekends preparing for activities. The physcial education program is outstanding - teaching all sorts of fun like rollerblading and more! Each classroom has Apple technology and iPads. There is a teacher's aide for kids who need a bit extra help, and parents who spend concentrated time with kids in class. This year Lawton implemented a highly-successful art docent program, and to top it off we have a wonderful music teacher. The class schedule seems to work very well with plenty of recess and time to eat lunch. No school is perfect, but any issues that we have seen at school, have quickly been delt with and parents have been communicated regarding what happened. I only wish they taught Spanish! Lawton is a warm, caring community and we are glad to call it ours.

Last modified Lawton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.