Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 19, 2016
Lawton is an amazing school. My children have gone there for 6 years each, and they absolutely loved it. The teachers are amazing (not to mention the Washington State Teacher of the Year, Mr.Terry). Very welcoming, amazing staff, and wonderful students!

Posted January 04, 2016
When we moved our family to the area, we were thrilled to have landed at Lawton. We were welcomed with open arms and really can't say enough about the quality of the teachers (experienced 1st and now 2nd). They are excellent. The physical education program is unique and very different from what I have seen in other schools. We love the art docent program, the foreign language options, the before & after school enrichment opportunities. The new principal, Mr. Lanza, is kind and caring and is highly involved with students & parents.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 04, 2016
The school has a yearlong compassion and empathy campaign. Students are recognized and rewarded for demonstrating core values.

Posted November 25, 2015
My son comes back very happy to be a part of the school. He is a different child now. I love Lawton and I appreciate everyone effort to turn this in the best school I know.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 25, 2015
I am so greatful for my son' s teacher. I am sure my second grader son will succeed in life because of her positive attitude. Ms Rudisill encourages Jameson and helps him to be the best version of himself. I feel really blessed this year.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 25, 2015
My sons teacher really inspire him to be the best version of himself. She shows affection and expects collaboration from her students. She is an A teacher

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 18, 2015
My son was a student there with special needs and the staff was not able to work with him. They were well meaning but they just didn't have the resources or flexibility to work with my son. My son still talks about how they hurt him with CPI holds.

Lawton Elementary School 1

Posted July 18, 2015
The staff was not able to support my special needs child due to lack of resources and flexibility. My child still talks about his time at the school and cries about how they hurt him when they held him with CPI holds.

Posted January 13, 2015
Great environmental focus with sustainability education, walking school buses, and teachers that model a bike/walk to work motto. Amazing after school offerings with a wide variety for all loves/interests. PTA supports outdoor field trips, arts, P.E., and enrichment. Love world cultures focus and love the physics Fridays. No school is perfect but with the open atmosphere, welcoming parents, and engaging atmosphere is really close!

Lawton Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2014
I have 2 children at Lawton - they just finished 1st and 3rd grades. I have found the teachers to be quite good. There is variation of course, as there is always when people are concerned. The principal seems to be highly involved. He has phone me 4-5 times personally about any concerns about my son being bullied (he's very sensitive) and has been able to speak directly and explicitly about education plans for him as he is high-performing and I was concerned about him becoming bored and dis-interested in school. I am not overly fond of the music teacher but overall, the school exceeds my expectations and my kids' like it.

4000 27 Av West, Seattle, WA  98199
Last modified Lawton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.