Seattle, WA

Posted April 09, 2014
Historically, Leschi Elementary is where Seattle's own Jimi Hendrix attended before Washington Middle. More importantly, Leschi Elementary is perhaps the best kept secret in Seattle. My child attended the Montessori program that fit perfectly, a learning style as no other. The outstanding Teachers were engaging, present remarkably loving. Excellent educators with empathy in spadefuls. The diversity is celebrated daily, as it should be, in that we are all equal with the right to the best education available. These young children will become 21st Century trailblazers of what's ahead. The PTA is remarkable! No other words can describe how united! Students are given opportunity to sing in the Leschi Elementary Choir and participate with Seattle Music Partners at no cost to any child unable to participate financially. Overall there is kindness and genuine concern for each child ... from every member of staff. Apply early for Montessori. But each student, no matter how challenged, has the chance for betterment at this amazing school. Top Marks!

Posted January 13, 2014
My daughter spent 4th and 5th grade at Leschi, and is now in middle school. Having attended other public and private schools in Seattle, my daughter says that Leschi was *hands down* the best school she's ever attended. Her teacher was *hands down* the best she's ever had. And the community was second to none. We loved this school and miss it a great deal.

Posted October 08, 2013
Leschi elementary is awesome. I cannot describe enough how awesome the parent community and teachers are. I would easily use up the remaining characters if I started with my praise. In our 2nd year at this school, the openness to change and constant growth is palpable. Public schools are tough places and have their fair bit of challenges; but man does Leschi's community roll with punches and come with great strategies to make the environment a great place for everyone there.

Posted June 06, 2013
During the Cashel Toner era [2008-13] one of the best group of teachers ever assembled for one of the most needy group of students. Special Ed staff is exceptionally skillful....both resource room and self-contained.

Posted April 08, 2013
I LOVE this school and would urge any family living in the area to put their kids in this amazing public neighborhood school! My son (1st grade) and his friends feel safe everyday, they LOVE learning and feel totally supported by all the adults in the building. My son's academic growth over the past 2 years has been extraordinary and he has gotten involved in the schools chess program and their after school CDSA program. The leadership with Ms. Toner as principal is super strong (I think this is HUGE for successful elementary schools) and all the programs/events to support and celebrate the diverse students at the school are phenomenal.

Posted March 01, 2013
My daughter is in the 2nd grade and has attended Leschi since Kindergarten. We like the diverse, caring community and the quality of the teachers. My daughter started 2nd grade able to read basic picture books but in just a few months has now been reading chapter books and has an amazing vocabulary. She also loves the new computer lab equipped with Jiji math software that allows her to learn complex math concepts in a fun way. She is now above her level in both reading and Math. Leschi PTA and faculty have done a good job ensuring that students get the resources they need. The best part is she loves going to school each day!

Posted February 22, 2013
The current "Great Schools" rating is absurd! This is an amazing community school with extremely talented students and teachers, a top-notch staff, and a committed Parent-Teacher organization. My daughter, a second grader, is currently working above grade-level in her Montessori-based curriculum. Come visit this school! You will not regret it!

Posted February 22, 2013
This school has a fantastic caring environment with experienced teachers and the most caring office you could ask for. Very diverse student body with a dynamic principle who get things done like purchasing new supplies and getting grants for equipment. My 2nd grader loves it!

Leschi Elementary School 4

Posted February 22, 2013
My daughter has been attending kindergarten this year and we are so happy with her education. Leschi is out of our neighborhood "zone," but we were lucky enough to get in to the Montessori program. We all love her teacher, Ms. Chin, and have been amazed at how much she has learned in such a short time. When we started the year, she could sound out letters and read only very short words, and now she has progressed by leaps and bounds to multi-syllable words. Her writing is progressing week by week and she loves going to school and engaging in her class work. The principal is incredibly passionate, engaged, focused, and energetic. I'm not sure how she does it, honestly! While parent participation is always something that can be improved upon, I think there is a great community at this school. The PTA works hard and has achieved a lot in a short period of time. All in all, we love our experience at Leschi Elementary!

Posted February 22, 2013
My son is in 4th grade at Leschi and LOVES it. He's on the Chess Team, he participates in an awesome instrumental music program for 4 hours a week, and he is getting his learning needs met even though he is an advance learner in a mixed class with all kinds of peers. It's awesome. Great group of families. Excellent faculty--very professional and collegial. Principal is a real go-getter and very positive.

Leschi Elementary School
135 32 Av, Seattle, WA  98122
Last modified Leschi Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leschi Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top