Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 12, 2016
Robyn Jordan is an amazing art teacher. As is Rose Leatham - the music teacher. Both are inspiring to their students and to this parent.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted April 12, 2016
with more training/professional development around differentiation they will become VERY effective. It isn't for lack of desire.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 12, 2016
I'm not a big fan for homework for young kids. But recognize that it teaches them good habits for future success. There is just the right amount given at the early years - my child is only in 2nd grade, so we will see how it goes in upper grade levels.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 12, 2016
All students are treated with respect by their teachers and classmates - they are currently implementing RULER.

Posted April 12, 2016
There is a great community of parents and teachers at Lowell Elementary. It is a great neighborhood school where kids will learn to be citizens of a diverse society. While it's not perfect, I've seen that no school - public or private - is perfect. It takes families becoming personally invested in their neighborhood and the outcomes of ALL students that makes a great school. Lowell has the makings of that.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted March 04, 2016
I liked Lowell school every body cares . I have friends they also care teachers teach well. I liked my teacher miss West

Lowell Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2014
Although Lowell is 2 star rated but it has a whole bunch of dedicated and good teachers. However the curriculum should be more challening.

Posted January 21, 2012
If you're a parent of a child resisting the move to a new school, have them read this: I cried the day my parents told me I would be leaving Gatewood for Lafayette, and reacted similarly when they made me move from Lafayette to Lowell. It's a big deal to switch schools, and it's especially hard when you have to leave all of your friends behind. But you will find when you get to Lowell that you make friends very quickly, and that you can still hold on to your friends from your old school. I was a student at Lowell from third through fifth grade, and those three years were academically the best years of my life so far. I also met most of my closest friends at Lowell, and it was a recent conversation with those friends about our love for this school that inspired me to find it on this website and write a review. I had some of the best teachers that I've ever had, certainly the best curricula, and, perhaps most importantly, became a part of the incredible Lowell community. If you are considering Lowell, don't consider any longer. Of course, for some people it won't be a good fit. But most families find in Lowell a social and academic experience that is worth taking a risk for.

Posted November 03, 2010
Lowell has one of the most dedicated parent, teacher and student communities that I have seen.

Posted May 04, 2009
I LOVE LOWELL ELEMENTARY! I attended this school from 2nd grade through 5th grade and they were the best years of my life. All the teachers are outstanding and the curriculum is engaging. Lowell supports an 'out of the box' thinking style and the teachers altered their teaching methods to fit the classes' needs. I felt that Lowell helped me grow as a person and become a stronger individual. I also believe that the faculty sets each and every student up for a successful life. I am now attending a prestigious private school and am maintaining straight A's.

1058 East Mercer St, Seattle, WA  98102
Last modified Lowell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.