Posted April 10, 2014
Although Lowell is 2 star rated but it has a whole bunch of dedicated and good teachers. However the curriculum should be more challening.

Posted January 21, 2012
If you're a parent of a child resisting the move to a new school, have them read this: I cried the day my parents told me I would be leaving Gatewood for Lafayette, and reacted similarly when they made me move from Lafayette to Lowell. It's a big deal to switch schools, and it's especially hard when you have to leave all of your friends behind. But you will find when you get to Lowell that you make friends very quickly, and that you can still hold on to your friends from your old school. I was a student at Lowell from third through fifth grade, and those three years were academically the best years of my life so far. I also met most of my closest friends at Lowell, and it was a recent conversation with those friends about our love for this school that inspired me to find it on this website and write a review. I had some of the best teachers that I've ever had, certainly the best curricula, and, perhaps most importantly, became a part of the incredible Lowell community. If you are considering Lowell, don't consider any longer. Of course, for some people it won't be a good fit. But most families find in Lowell a social and academic experience that is worth taking a risk for.

Lowell Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2010
Lowell has one of the most dedicated parent, teacher and student communities that I have seen.

Posted May 04, 2009
I LOVE LOWELL ELEMENTARY! I attended this school from 2nd grade through 5th grade and they were the best years of my life. All the teachers are outstanding and the curriculum is engaging. Lowell supports an 'out of the box' thinking style and the teachers altered their teaching methods to fit the classes' needs. I felt that Lowell helped me grow as a person and become a stronger individual. I also believe that the faculty sets each and every student up for a successful life. I am now attending a prestigious private school and am maintaining straight A's.

Posted October 11, 2008
Our daughter has attended Lowell since first grade and has thrived. The teachers are truly engaged and there is a strong community of parents. The facility could definitely use an overhaul, but I am okay with the top priority being the quality of the education. I do wish there was a better language program, but other than that, I could not be more thrilled with our experience.

Lowell Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2007
Lowell is not as good as it sounds. There are a lots of problems underneath. One of the biggest problem is 'one size for all' for those 'gifted children'. I transferred my child to another school and he's really got a huge progress in both academic and in positive thinking.

Posted April 26, 2006
K-5 program for Seattle's accelerated placement program. Solid academically, though there is an undeniable range in the quality of the faculty. Heavy parent involvement. Diversity not as extensive as we would have liked; however, we do very much appreciate the inclusion of and opportunities for student engagement with students in a couple of special education classrooms. If you and your student do not get hung up on the 'gifted' label, Lowell can provide a very good experience both academically and socially.

Posted April 22, 2006
School draws from two populations, highly academically gifted and special education, and the kids get along great. The parents are quite involved (although they have the same or more excuses as parents everywhere). Even parents working 60 hours a week show up at the school to help. The teachers are experienced and motivated, and the possibilities when teaching motivated students are endless. With full-time art, P.E. and music teachers, there is a good balance. We have no regrets about sending our child to Lowell (although she didn't start until 3rd grade).

Posted January 13, 2006
We're half-way thru kindergarten, and Lafayette seems great for most kids. My son's teacher offers a rigorous academic program (most kids learn to read in her class). Parent involvement is excellent. Private onsite supplemental activities (Spanish, Mandarin, science) are available as well as afterschool chess club and jumproping. Academic fit in the classroom was not good for my son (who tests in the profoundly gifted range), and staff and administration have been accomodating of our homeschooling in the mornings to replace the academic curriculum.

Posted January 04, 2006
My daughter attended Lowell in grades 2 through 5 and she loved it there. The academics were challenging, but not overwhelming. The teachers were willing to work with us to help my daughter learn in the best way. The school staff was friendly. The level of enthusiasm from parents was great, and the principal was very attentive.

Lowell Elementary School
1058 East Mercer St, Seattle, WA  98102
Last modified Lowell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lowell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top