Posted October 25, 2014
My daughter began in Kindergarten. LH has been a great school overall for my 5th grader. My daughter is Spectrum qualified. Although some teachers were better than others, all her teachers were highly qualified and great. This school has a high proportion of teachers with advanced degrees. In addition, no mean teachers here. The only complaint is that class size is high (26-29 students), which is typical for Seattle schools. This school receives much less federal and state funding than many other schools who have a larger free/reduced lunch population of kids. Parents are middle class to upper middle class. Therefore, PTA involvement is off the charts, parents raise alot of money which is greatly needed to support even basic educational needs.

Posted July 29, 2014
Absolutely the best experience we have had in school. We spent K-1st grade (top tier elementary school in Silicon Valley) 2nd-3rd grade in a high scoring Eastside school (Sammamish) and 4th-5th grade at Loyal Heights - the best overall. Who would have thought we move out of the suburbs into an inner city school and experience a school where the WHOLE culture (from the secretaries, lunch staff, and up to the Principal) was so positive and caring. Great involved PTA (though not as high tech as some of the other PTAs I have been involved with) but they work hard and are not exclusionary to working parents - you know how the PTA can get in the suburbs. Truly great leadership from the principal - great caring teachers and a student body of really a bunch of pretty nice kids (really reflects the vibe of the parents). Great school - wish my son went there from Kindergarten but I am extremely happy he finished elementary school there.

Posted January 28, 2010
Don't sent your child here if they are an advanced learner. You will be very frustrated. I don't believe they acknowledge these kids or have programs to support them. Their ALO program is a joke.

Posted October 20, 2009
You couldn't ask for a better group of teachers. I believe all over Seattle Teachers who are looking for a new home are all trying to land at Loyal Heights. And thats due to the awesome kids and terrific parent support. Inew when my wife and I walked thru the school for the very first time my gut feeling told me this is the school. It's vibe that just carrys thru the hallways. Try it you will feel it to!

Posted October 01, 2009
This school has great parental involvement

Posted September 16, 2009
Fantastic parent and PTA involvement, wonderful teachers, very organized and neat school. This school has a very good anti-bully policy and has excellent after-school programs (music, drama, etc.) and Spanish and PE. Great school!

Posted August 11, 2009
It perpelexes me how a school that has such successful fundraising has no art teacher. No art teacher, just parent volunteers who come in only once per month. No art room, the kids do art at their desks which is restrictive. This school is way too focused on one size fits all academics & needs to be much more holistic in its enrichment programs. In comparison other schools in the area have art, music, drama, spanish etc. and great WASL scores.

Posted April 28, 2008
Strong school. Don't let the older building fool you! Great auction that funds non-core (e.g. music) instruction. Very good WASL scores.

Posted April 19, 2008
Fantastic, very, very strong school. My child tests as an advanced learner, yet we chose to stay at this school. The teachers do a great job of challenging advanced learners within the classroom in the ALO program.

Posted April 19, 2008

Loyal Heights Elementary School
2511 NW 80 St, Seattle, WA  98117
Last modified Loyal Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Loyal Heights Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top