Posted October 08, 2010
I love Sanislo the teachers are awesome I never want to leave Sanislo!Mr.Simmons and the other teachers are great they believe in us!They trust and they make a bond with us like we are family and I always feel like I'm family!And they feel like they're family to me too!

Sanislo Elementary School 0

Posted September 24, 2008
Our family has been extremely happy with his Sanislo experience. Extremely diverse student body. Experienced and motivated teachers. A location among the trees and wetlands. Our principal, Ms. Nelson is in her second year and is working hard leading by example and setting high expectations. The art teacher is EXCEPTIONAL!

Posted March 14, 2008
Sanislo is a small school but it's a grate school my daughter loves sanislo. She seas it's the best school in seattle.And she enjoys unicicling after school. The teachers are grate teachers.For kinderegarten it's the beast schooling there could ever be.

Posted March 08, 2008

Sanislo Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2008
Still a great school, but when we lost Eric Nelson, an amazing principal & Mrs. T, a HUGE loss for Sanislo's PE & SCATTS program...well it just doesn't feel the same. We still have a fabulous Art teacher! My daughter loves the after school CDSA program, they are wonderful at helping her with homework!

Posted April 19, 2007
Amazing staff. Terrific teachers. Great parent support. Afterschool fun includes jump-rope club, tumbling, chess and much more. Highly recommend no matter where you live - worth the drive.

Posted July 29, 2006
- a former student
I actually just graduated from Sanislo myself and I have to say Sanislo is the best school ever! The principal Eric Nelson is absolutly fabulous. My teachers Sherry Wicklund and Dennis Purcell have taught me great things and both have a passion for teaching. Best of all there is Ms. T (the P.E. teacher) She has been teaching for over 35 years now and her husband Mr. T and herself have started a program called SCATS which was established over 30 years ago. SCATS which I am in includes juggling, unicycling, tumbling, jumrope, double dutch and much more. We perform for schools and other groups and have a great time! I LOOOOOVE Sanislo so much and I hope anyone who reads this will find out more about this totally cool school and love it as much as I did!

Posted February 08, 2006
sanislo is by far one of the most hidden elementary school in west seattle. very structured, highly motivated staff under great leadership makes the school environment an outstanding place for children to learn and grow.

Posted February 10, 2005
I highly recommend Sanislo to other parents looking for a great elementary school. They have a variety of programs available to students - both to those who struggle academically as well as those who need more challenge and are able to excel beyond their peer level. Additionally, Sanislo provides a multitude of extra-curricular programs to challenge and develop awareness of the student including sports, music, art and things like environmental awareness. This is an ethnically diverse school and Eric Nelson, the principal, is amazing in the way he works to meet the needs of families in this community. Within the first few weeks of school Eric and the entire staff know the name of every student at Sanislo. If you're looking for a creative, warm, welcoming scool, with a commitment to academic exellence, Sanislo is the school for you!

Sanislo Elementary School 4

Posted June 10, 2004
Sanislo is great! Caring teachers and staff members go over and above to get to know students and families. The environment is warm, friendly, and creative. The school provides many ways for students to shine. The ratios are a bit high, especially given the open-concept of the school. I was concerned about that at first, but I think the positive aspect of allowing the teachers and instructional assistants to truly team-teach and model cooperative behavior outweighs the downside. The principal at the school is a big-picture guy, who demonstrates respect towards faculty and staff and delegates easily. He maintains an excellent rapport with families and students. The disciplinary style at the school is to maintain high expectations for student behavior and to deal with problems with empathy and respect, rather than punitive measures, for the most part. Focus on whole child through extras like SCATS, music, art, community garden.

Sanislo Elementary School
1812 SW Myrtle St, Seattle, WA  98106
Last modified Sanislo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sanislo Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top