Posted March 27, 2014
I've been a student at Aki Kurose Middle School since the 6th grade. Just being honest, but I'm really offended by the negative comments being made by people who haven't even given the school a chance. Aki Kurose has everything that you look for in a good school; diversity, good education system, wonderful teachers, bright students, and a vibrant community. I recommend not listening to the people who say, "no learning is being done there." Yes, there are some kids who aren't always on task, but that's their own decision. Are you really going to judge a school by those few kids who refuse to cooperate? Don't worry about them... just worry about how YOUR child is behaving. Okay, I won't lie. I had my doubts about this school before I enrolled. This was because I was once like you... paying attention to the negative instead of the positive. If I knew about how much fun I would end up having, then I would have quickly withdrew any doubts. The staff and the whole school in general deserve much more credit...

Aki Kurose Middle School 4

Posted October 02, 2013
Don't believe what you have heard about this school. My student was assigned to Aki for the 2013-2014 school year, and I was dead set against it. Despite that, we decided to meet with the principal and take a tour. We were completely blown away. The staff at Aki are an amazing group of people who really want to be there, and want their students to succeed. There is a huge variety of support, partnerships and opportunities for students and families. The school had a really bad reputation in the past, but the turn-around orchestrated by the principal and her staff are incredible. They could certainly use more resources, but they really pull out all the stops in engaging and challenging their students. I am so glad we gave it a chance. I could only give one star for parent envolvement, but that is not due to lack of effort from the staff. They go out of their way to encourage parents to be involved.

Posted May 20, 2012
Aki is an AMAZING school!!! TBH Aki has some bad students, but overall we care about eachother to a whole other extent. I admit back then aki was horrible but now it has an amazing diversity.

Posted December 11, 2011
This school is terrible. Things happen at this school that should never happen at any school...teachers are below average and students are regularly bullied. Lots of social and community issues (drugs, violence) are reflective of this school.

Posted December 11, 2011
No leadership at this school. No parent involvement. Chaos. The worst middle school in SPS.

Posted June 07, 2011
Aki kurose is one of the most best schools ever! It may be filled with SOME bad kids but the learning is also great! It has a strong sports program as well as high-spirited dedicative students. The teachers have the students' love as well. This is a school of great potential and compassion!

Posted October 12, 2010
I love the diversity of the students. The staff is always open to community partners. This is a true community school.

Aki Kurose Middle School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
the kids ahve lots of potential but need funding

Posted July 23, 2010
I hate Aki Kurose, there is no learning done their. The school is filled up with both bad kids, and kids that don't care about their education. It doesn't even have anything good about it, at school , they have disgusting dances where kids contact others in inappropriate areas. Also, even if you are in the honors program, it's not even close to being at a good school in the regular education program. Heard of the test scores? I think you have, everyone just streaks at the name when i tell them what school i go to, and I'm not at all proud of it at all!

Posted August 18, 2009

Aki Kurose Middle School
3928 South Graham St, Seattle, WA  98118
Last modified Aki Kurose Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aki Kurose Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top