West Seattle High School 4

Posted May 24, 2013
The school is great and there are many courses for students to take! Sadly, I feel like there aren't as many clubs as other schools that I have seen.

Posted November 21, 2012
West Seattle High School is a pretty good school and the teachers are great teachers too!

West Seattle High School 1

Posted October 17, 2011
Many students have attitudes and disrespectful attitudes to other students or teachers. Many hood rats inside of this school, such as: graffiti in school bathrooms, etc ..

Posted November 05, 2009
West Seattle High School is a great school with a bunch of Great Kids!

West Seattle High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
It is the best diversified school in Seattle

Posted June 01, 2009

Posted April 02, 2009
I'm a sophomore at WSHS & I love it, to be honest :) I was hesitant to go here at first, but I've learned to love it. I hated it last year but that was because of personal problems & for that, I can't blame the school. They have great extracurricular avtivites & clubs. There's TATU, FCCLA, National Honor Society, Earthcrops, & many more. Some students doesn't like it here because it's 'boring', but that's because there are rarely any more fights or drama. Is that what school is about? No, it's about the education. It's very diverse and the education is great. Although some classes get out of hand, it's still great because the teachers know how to handle it. There are some students & teachers that need to leave the school but overall, I love this school :)

Posted June 23, 2008

West Seattle High School 0

Posted May 28, 2008
I do not agree. WSHS is at the lower middle in terms of achievment. One of mine opted for WSHS the other Kennedy... the rigors of the latter were far tougher than WSHS. It is a better social enviornment, but that is not where I prefer to send my kids.

West Seattle High School 4

Posted February 27, 2008
Bruce Bivins tenure at West Seattle High School has been exemplary. Faced with a new position and a daunting task of reforming the entire academic format and cirriculum at Carla Santorno's mandate (transition from the 4 period day to the 6 period day) has not phased him. He has been a very strong, effective and insprirational leader. We are so lucky to have him. He is what is great about public education, tireless, dedicated, professional and manages to be charismatic and respectful at the same time. Bruce Bivins introduction to West Seattle High School for this school year of 2007-2008 has been a blessing and I pray we can keep him forever. He is a fabulous role model for the students.

West Seattle High School
3000 California Av SW, Seattle, WA  98116
Last modified West Seattle High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Seattle High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top