Posted December 11, 2014
I love Blaine its a way better school than McClure or Hamilton! I love it and my kids love it too!

Catharine Blaine K-8 4

Posted August 03, 2013
I love Blaine elementary. What sticks out in my mind about Blaine is how the school helped my son when he was going through a difficult time. They really cared about his social development and happiness. Particularly, the guidance counselor worked with him throughout the year and provided support that I would never have expected from a public school (particularly given all the budget cuts). It was outstanding. Blaine is a great place for children to learn.

Posted June 22, 2012
This school is the best school ever . Every day i walked in to school the princable was there greating every one with a smile . Altho I no longer go to this school my to best friends are still there they are now fith graders Abby and Olivia.This school will alwayes be my favorite school.

Catharine Blaine K-8 1

Posted November 29, 2010
Despite living only a block away, we pulled our two youngest kids out of this school due to the behavior of teachers and administration. They were inflexible, autocratic, refused to communicate in any way other than e-mail (which we had told them was not a reliable way to contact us) and made changes to our son's education plan without our consent or knowledge. We eventually had to go through the courts to get any remedy. Home schooling is preferable to this place.

Posted August 13, 2010
I have 2 young kids in the school and I am there every day. And I see that Heather Swanson, Catharine Blaine's principal is in the hall way EVERY morning and EVERY afternoon. She knows many of her students names and she also knows many parents. She responds to parents emails and she is creative in finding solutions to any problems in the class rooms. She cares deeply about the students. She even lets the kids dunk her in a dunking booth at a school carnival/fundraiser. Many parents have responded to her leadership and now parental involvement in the school is very high. Every single day there is a parent in my son's class for at least part of the day. My kids and I have found the school very warm. The older kids look after the younger ones. My kids love it. And they are learning.

Catharine Blaine K-8 1

Posted January 26, 2010
This school has the potential to be a great school, but sadly falls short. Many of the teachers are good but they operate on their own. No real benefit to having a child transtion through from elementary to middle school. Lack of consistency and standards makes the middle school particularly challenging. Principal is not accessible and faculty is not responsiive in a way one would expect from a small K-8 school.

Posted August 11, 2009
We have two children at this school. Many, many good things to say about this school. Love the new principal who previously was the assistant principal. Strong academics, arts and extracurricular offerings.

Catharine Blaine K-8 0

Posted November 16, 2008
I am a kindergarten Blaine mom. Because the Magnolia/Queen Anne cluster has excellent schools Blaine offers slots for children from other neighborhoods. Our local school is under performing, so we drive from south Central District to Blaine. We love our teacher. She was previously in special ed , is excellent with all achievement levels, awesome with squirmy boys and positive. The principal is very accessible, available every morning in the hallway. The PTSA is committed to supporting Blaine. There are many optional fund raisers, which can get expensive, but provide curricular support. This school teaches at the level our child needs. In contrast our local school, which faces many challenges. Great fieldtrips, lots of take home activities (which do take commitment) and friendly kids/parents. We have been impressed by the positive behavior and assuredness of the older students at Blaine. The after school program is excellent.

Catharine Blaine K-8 0

Posted September 10, 2008
we love Catharine Blaine! This will be our family's 4th year at Blaine, after we transferred here from Coe. Every teacher we have had at Blaine has been fantastic. I feel like they are aware of how my kids are doing and work hard to make sure they understand and meet my kids' needs. The parent community here is unmatched -- everyone is really involved in the school, whether by helping in the classrooms, working on fundraisers, or weeding the flower beds. I felt instantly welcomed when we moved here and was surprised by how easy it was to fit in. The leadership at Blaine has had a history of high turnover, but the current principal is a strong leader and relates especially well to the middle school kids. I also love the K-8 aspect of this school. The older kids are great leaders and really kind to the little ones.

Catharine Blaine K-8 4

Posted May 31, 2007
I have been a parent at Catharine Blaine for 7 years. We have been blessed with excellent teachers who care deeply about the academic abilities of all students. They are also very connected to the parent community at this school. My children are challenged academically and have participated in several Advanced Learning Options. We have a very dedicated and effective PTA and due to their hard work the students are able to enjoy art and music. It is however sad that this has to be provided out of private monies Catharine Blaine however has had a few rough years where a prior principal in her two year tenure dismantled the art and music program and demoralized the teachers. Thanks to the powerful supportive parent/teacher community our school is back on track and parents, teachers and students are much happier. I look forward to spending many more years at Catharine Blaine

Catharine Blaine K-8
2550 34 Av West, Seattle, WA  98199
(206) 252-1920
Last modified Catharine Blaine K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Catharine Blaine K-8 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top