Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I attended Showalter in the 70s and loved it. Seems parents of this day and age expect the teachers to raise their little hellions and smile while doing it. Sad that their lack of involvement in their child's education equals a poor review on this site.

If you have a choice of where you will attend middle school I'd avoid Showalter. If you don't then good luck. Most teachers here are totally lazy and can't teach. They have no problems becoming best friends with their students though. You'll be lucky to have a few great teachers that actually know the material rather than reading it straight out of a book everyday. If you're an honor student expect to have a lot of busy work and projects, if you're a nonhonor student don't expect to have exciting challenging classes. The point is that academics don't really matter at Showalter. One of the most shocking things I've discovered at this school is how some teachers behave themselves. There are some very childish teachers here. Some even cuss in class. They act is if they don't know how to behave professionally. I only gave two stars because a handful of teachers here actually did make my middle school education worthwhile and meaningful. I know that without a few I would've barely made it through my 3 years of middle school. Unfortunately, I don't think some of them still work here.

The staff works really hard and the students are very accepting of the school's diversity. Increased parent involvement would really help out.

I'm just happy I got out of there. I truly do worry how much my education would have been corrupted and corroded had I continued attending this school as well as its high school counterpart.

Ok this school is Average. It's not a bad school, nor is it a great school. My daughter is safe, fed, and has homework. That's why it's average. She came from Tukwila elementary and just finished up her 6th grade. She is in nearly all honors class. Honestly I think she's in honors basically 7th grade material Not because she's super extraordinary or gifted, but because the other students are below grade standard. I say this because I'm basing it on Msp state test scores. My daughter does well but I feel like she's doing grade level. They should emphasize more on teaching the students grade level.

This school is one of the worst schools my child has ever attended! As the parent of a special needs child I am as involved as possible in my child's education, the staff and administration at this school not only avoid communication efforts made to facilitate the child's progress, their lack of concern in regards to bullying is atrocious! There are a few good teachers, but their efforts are far out-weighed by the other negative aspects of this school. While I understand that most children in middle school are expected to be self reliant in a lot of aspects, when dealing with a special needs child some of those expectations are not possible, and this school district and school are not equipped to deal with situations outside of the complaisant child. Getting help in terms of academic progress with this school is next to impossible. If you are concerned about your child's education, special needs or not, avoid this entire district!

This is the best school ever the teachers are nice and great and everyone helps each other so much....but so sad i need to move suddenly so i really miss this school and staff of this school.....the most thing i miss is my friends......this is the best school ever love this school.....:)

I Love this school they help me alot and there are alot of friends i have there buut unfortunatly i moved buut i would do anytjhing to go bck its the best school ever !!!! i love it the kids there are so nice 2009-2010

Showalter Middle School is the weakest of the the three schools in the district. WASL scores for students over the last 5 to 10 years show that children are failing from over 50% to 82% in reading, writing,, math and science. The school is in step 3, heading to step 4 for AYP. Parents should exercise caution when sending thier children to this school. Some of the teachers (very few) are supportive and try to help students; however, most appear to take an approach that children must teach themselves and some do with help outside of the school. The attitude of admistrators at the school is also negative towards parent involvement and is lacking in communicating to the community.

I love this school my son has been going here for the last three years in for all these years he been a honor student, I feel the staff is great. This will be my choice school for my now fourth grader to attened for middle school.

Last modified Showalter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.