Seattle, WA

Posted December 20, 2013
good school with good parent teacher involvement, nice work at school and good approach to the evaluation.

Posted April 11, 2013
The school is great, staff is too. If your kids ever go here Ms. Long is one teacher you have to request! She really knows her job well and the kids. I have never seen a better teacher. My kids improved so much in reading and she really takes the time to help them and get to know there needs as students. My son adores her! These school is very diverse as is the Tukwila school district, which is, I believe, number one nationwide in diversity!

Posted April 09, 2013
I was reading through the comments below and I so agree with the comments made on Ms. Long. She is a fabulous teacher and thinks outside of the box which is refreshing. Not everything is in a book, life experience really plays a part in the values that she instills in our children. My children in the past have had her as a teacher in 5th grade and keep coming back to see her as she changed their lives and they LOVE her. My children learned to be respectful and accountable, something Ms. Long expects. This is so appreciated. My children have bright futures ahead thanks to Ms. Long. :)

Posted August 27, 2010
I believe this is an excellent school. My daughter completed 1rst grade there last year and she came home every day and did her homework on her own. I never had to remind her. She made so many friends. She recieved 2 honor awards, a strive for five award, and was student of the month in October. The year before, she was at a different school and although she didn't have any problems there, she wasnt motivated like she was last year. I am looking forward to seeing what this year brings for my Kindergarten age student and my daughter who is going into 2nd grade. I would never want them to go to another school.

Thorndyke Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2010
this school is very bad . the kids don't do ther work.the kids do what ever they want do and they don't get in trouble.

Thorndyke Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
We strive for '5' here at Thorndyke. 1. Be safe. 2. Be respectful. 3. Be responsible. 4. Be accepting. 5. Be here to learn! The Thorndyke family is a powerful learning team. Our staff and students are positive and working together to achieve goals set by our principle and district.

Thorndyke Elementary School 3

Posted September 16, 2008

Posted June 29, 2007
My kids love Thorndyke.I don't think they'd want any other school.They have made so many friends. Teacher's are awesome.They'll wrk with you and your child so they can get the help that's needed for your child.I really apprceciate this school and the people that work there.The office staff are very welcoming people.They won't turn you away.They are alway's happy to see people and kids.My oldest child is entering 4th grade and she get's the help she needs outside of her regular class in special ed class which is great.Thorndyke keep up the great job, 'Your awesome'.A.EricksRoberson

Posted June 22, 2007
Mr. Sabol is an excellent teacher who is very concerned with his students. I just wish that the more funds were allotted to the district to allow more tutoring for students who are behind. I have had great experiences with this school.

Posted October 23, 2005
Thorndyke Elementary consists of a very dedicated team of teachers. Thorndyke has changed from a PSO to a PTA. Parent involvement is growing. The PTA is up and running strong. Teachers are invloved in the PTA. Principal Brian Hutchison is extremely dedicated to the students at Thorndyke and is very involved in the PTA. There is always some new and positive ideas and programs being discussed or implemented. I have noticed that the teachers are concerned and dedicated to providing the correct level of work for each student. For example, some students are stronger readers and need books that are more challenging, at thorndyke they are provided with the level of book that is needed to help them grow and improve their reading. Teachers interact with each other and are on top of each students needs.

Thorndyke Elementary School
4415 South 150th St, Seattle, WA  98188
Last modified Thorndyke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thorndyke Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top