Bad
Good

good school with good parent teacher involvement, nice work at school and good approach to the evaluation.

The school is great, staff is too. If your kids ever go here Ms. Long is one teacher you have to request! She really knows her job well and the kids. I have never seen a better teacher. My kids improved so much in reading and she really takes the time to help them and get to know there needs as students. My son adores her! These school is very diverse as is the Tukwila school district, which is, I believe, number one nationwide in diversity!

I was reading through the comments below and I so agree with the comments made on Ms. Long. She is a fabulous teacher and thinks outside of the box which is refreshing. Not everything is in a book, life experience really plays a part in the values that she instills in our children. My children in the past have had her as a teacher in 5th grade and keep coming back to see her as she changed their lives and they LOVE her. My children learned to be respectful and accountable, something Ms. Long expects. This is so appreciated. My children have bright futures ahead thanks to Ms. Long. :)

I believe this is an excellent school. My daughter completed 1rst grade there last year and she came home every day and did her homework on her own. I never had to remind her. She made so many friends. She recieved 2 honor awards, a strive for five award, and was student of the month in October. The year before, she was at a different school and although she didn't have any problems there, she wasnt motivated like she was last year. I am looking forward to seeing what this year brings for my Kindergarten age student and my daughter who is going into 2nd grade. I would never want them to go to another school.

this school is very bad . the kids don't do ther work.the kids do what ever they want do and they don't get in trouble.

We strive for '5' here at Thorndyke. 1. Be safe. 2. Be respectful. 3. Be responsible. 4. Be accepting. 5. Be here to learn! The Thorndyke family is a powerful learning team. Our staff and students are positive and working together to achieve goals set by our principle and district.

My kids love Thorndyke.I don't think they'd want any other school.They have made so many friends. Teacher's are awesome.They'll wrk with you and your child so they can get the help that's needed for your child.I really apprceciate this school and the people that work there.The office staff are very welcoming people.They won't turn you away.They are alway's happy to see people and kids.My oldest child is entering 4th grade and she get's the help she needs outside of her regular class in special ed class which is great.Thorndyke keep up the great job, 'Your awesome'.A.EricksRoberson

Mr. Sabol is an excellent teacher who is very concerned with his students. I just wish that the more funds were allotted to the district to allow more tutoring for students who are behind. I have had great experiences with this school.

Last modified Thorndyke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.