PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We love this school! The faculty, staff, and families are dedicated to the success of the students. In addition to a rigorous academic environment, the faculty focuses on developing the whole child. The school is a STEM Plus school, meaning it includes the arts and religion along with its STEM curriculum. Our kids love the variety of subjects and have learned so much. Cannot say enough good things about this school.

I am a recent alum (I graduated less than 5 years ago) and I would say that Holy Rosary really prepared me for high school. Due to the quality of my history and religion teachers my core classes in high school were a breeze because I had already learned most of the content at HRS. What the school lacks, however, is a solid math program. What really left me behind some public school kids was the fact that HRS did not offer Geometry in the 8th grade. The highest math you can get to at HRS is Algebra 1. As a student who was applying to competitive STEM schools, not being able to take two years of Calculus in high school put me at a disadvantage to students throughout the country. While Holy Rosary was a great school when I was attending, I have heard from my family and other HRS students how much HRS has changed for the worse since I graduated. While the faculty overall have been wonderful, recent principals have not. I would also have to agree with previous reviewers that there is not any support for bullying at Holy Rosary as was my experience when I was attending. -- A recent HRS Alum

I've done recess volunteer work and will continue to, up to when my last grand children will graduate. The students are active with lots of games and running around. Some do get hurt at times, but they bounce back and continue with the activities. I have yet to see bullying. And there are no wimps either. Good discipline and excellent faculty.

Holy Rosary has a bullying problem that no one wants to talk about. My children were treated with cruelty by some teachers and many students. We were active members of the church and finally had to pull out because of the mental anguish it caused our children.

great school, great community feel and amazing families and kids. could not be happier with holy rosary

Wish I could give this school more stars! In a sea of failing public schools, Holy Rosary is a God send! We left the "best" public elementary school in the district to enroll in Holy Rosary, and immediately realized how behind my Kindergarten child was. He had more academic improvement in a week at HR than he did in 2 trimesters in public school. In some cases, you get what you pay for. In the case of Holy Rosary, you get much, much more!

Outstanding faculty and staff, dedicated students and parents, supportive parish community - all make for a superior school. Holy Rosary is always looking at ways to improve. They do an excellent job updating programs. Their music and art programs continue to grow and expand. I love Holy Rosary and recommend it highly. I can't imagine a better school anywhere!

Our son recently graduated from Holy Rosary School. The transition to high school has been seamless. He was well-prepared academically, socially, and spiritually. We are so grateful to all of his teachers and the administration for their commitment to students, first and foremost. The curriculum is challenging, environment is supportive, and Catholic social teachings are taught by example. Excellent school!

This is our child's 5th year in Holy Rosary. We are pleased with the education our child is receiving. We like the emphasis on values, which I think a lot of schools seem to be lacking. The teachers are truly dedicated and do not see their jobs as careers as more of their calling. There is also a good sense of community within the school. For a good, affordable Catholic education, this West Seattle institution cannot be beat!

HR is plagued with very large classes. The seats are in rows, facing forward. HR counts on memorized curriculum. There is not enough student discovery. HR is about 15 years behind the curve. I would say it is long on structure, and short on innovation. The school commission and parents club are passive and provide little direction. Overall, HR is not keeping pace and I would suggest alternative schools after the third grade.

Last modified Holy Rosary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8