Posted November 19, 2014
There is a rampant drug and alcohol culture that is being ignored. Some of the activity occurring on campus, some off. This is in addition to the cheating via test & homework exchanges nightly, and students lacking a moral compass, as proven with certain behavioral patterns. Brought the concerns to the administration and no action has been taken. Save your money and/or look elsewhere.

Posted May 09, 2014
My daughter goes to thsi school and it has been the best experience ever. I work in a high school and I am glad that she is in a very safe environment. The teachers care. The office staff are amazing and caring,, and like I said, if there is someone walking the halls that is not known they are addressed. I would recommend this school to everyone!!!! It is more than worth the cost.

John F Kennedy Catholic High School 3

Posted October 18, 2013
Ask all these previous parent reviews what they think of this new block schedule! They can't tell you because their kids are long gone out of the school already. That's a shame because their kids didn't have to go through the pure misery of an utterly messed up disorderly block schedule. I'm am not bitter either , but when you've got a 4.0 well rounded student coming home in tears there is something definitely wrong,not a freshman either.

John F Kennedy Catholic High School 2

Posted October 03, 2013
It is probably a bad sign when you hear teachers say they do not feel they are treated equitably by other teachers. It is probably a red flag when you have heard teachers claim that senior administration commited assaults against teachers. So, I can commiserate with those who speak about faulty management. While inappropriate to convey the students, they are extremely knowledgeable, caring, and make learning a joy.

Posted September 05, 2013
This High School is not just about a great education...it is also about family and close relationships and the true meaning of learning character tools that prepare the students to meet every challenge in life.

Posted February 21, 2013
First off, I want to encourage you to take the one star, bitter-sounding reviews with a grain of salt. I attended Kennedy Catholic and now both of my daughters also attend. I actually hate to imagine where my life would have ended up if I had not gone to Kennedy. It took me a year to "catch up" with alot of teacher support since I was "educated" in the Highline School district until 9th grade. Attending college and becoming a professional was due to my high school education as a foundation. This school has been great for our family with it's strong music program, academics with free tutoring, over 50 student clubs and sports available, and genuinely caring teachers and student body.

Posted February 10, 2013
My son attended a couple of years ago. He was not a superstar student, but he is smart, worked hard and applied himself. Kennedy high school was well respected by the nationally ranked universities around the country. He had no problem being accepted at top75 universities, and ended up accepting at a very respected university in the University of California system in the top 50. Now that he is in college and competing with California kids who are all in the top 10% of their classes, we find that he was well prepared and holding his own. I really don't know where some of these other reviews are coming from. Sour grapes, perhaps? From our experience, if your child is smart and works hard, even if they are not one of the academic superstars, they will have a bright future in the top ranked universities in the country. What more do you want from a Catholic high school? Go through the list of top 75 nationally ranked universities in US News. You will recognize all of the names. That is the opportunity that Kennedy high school gave our son.

Posted November 03, 2012
I attended John F. Kennedy Catholic High School in Burien, WA, back in the eighties. It's been years for me since I was a student there, but time has seemingly remained still at this school. I thought it was just me, but there are others who are very dissatisfied with the poor academics. JFK always had a reputation for being "easy" and " a party school." I remembered how much I begged my parents to send me to a good private girls school like Holy Names Academy for more serious students. I found Kennedy to be very big on school spirit, with almost no concern for studying. There were many days off due to the Catholic holidays and the classes were quite easy. The rival public high school, Highline High School, actually offered AP courses in math, science, etc. Another very important point: Kennedy does not have a school uniform to this day! You can only imagine the jealousy among the girls in their daily fashion show! Later, I took remedial courses at community college to prepare me for university. Today, I no longer live in Seattle, WA (a new state) and I did earn a BA degree. I am a career woman and a homeowner. Please do not send your child to this school!

Posted July 16, 2012
My son was a transfer student from another private school. He was concerned about the quality of the education he was getting at his previous school. Overall, we were very happy with Kennedy. They do take a mix of kids, but overall I would describe them as good kids. There were absolutely no problems with the students. Academically the school is very good. There was one bad teacher, but that can happen anywhere. I do know this, for the SAT, my son scored higher on the more difficult math he learned at Kennedy and lower on the easier math he learned at his previous private school. Kennedy is like any school in that it all depends upon what you want to put into it. My son ended up being accepted to 12 nationally ranked Universities and he wasn't turned down at a single one, although he was wait listed at a couple. As far as an outcome, we couldn't be happier. Kennedy was everything we expected from a Catholic High School. Is Kennedy perfect? No. Would I recommend it to any family who wants a safe, academically challenging environment that will result in a bright future? Absolutely. Just remember, your child will only get out of it what they put into it.

Posted March 13, 2012
Save your money. This school is such a disappointment. It is one of the biggest party school in the area. The leadership group only cares about their reputation not about the kids. The communication, when there is a problem, is nonexistant. The majority of teachers are alums who have been there for decades - meaning outmoded methods. There is no additional help for students who are struggling.

John F Kennedy Catholic High School
140 South 140th Street, Seattle, WA  98168
Last modified John F Kennedy Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
John F Kennedy Catholic High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top