9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

We haven't had any issues with bullying at this school.

This is a great school. Academically challenging and preparing my child for the future. The kids care about grades and the teachers care about them. Couldn't be happier.

My son is a freshman. This is his first year. I can't say enough good things about this school! My son was socially awkward in grade school and middle school, but he is blossoming at this school. The teachers are wonderful; the kids are all friendly and welcoming. My son is has joined clubs and has made lots of new friends. I'm amazed at the change in just 5 months!! We are so happy to find this school. Academically it seems to have the right balance. Students can take standard coursework or advanced coursework , depending on their abilities. I highly recommend this school

There is a rampant drug and alcohol culture that is being ignored. Some of the activity occurring on campus, some off. This is in addition to the cheating via test & homework exchanges nightly, and students lacking a moral compass, as proven with certain behavioral patterns. Brought the concerns to the administration and no action has been taken. Save your money and/or look elsewhere.

My daughter goes to thsi school and it has been the best experience ever. I work in a high school and I am glad that she is in a very safe environment. The teachers care. The office staff are amazing and caring,, and like I said, if there is someone walking the halls that is not known they are addressed. I would recommend this school to everyone!!!! It is more than worth the cost.

Ask all these previous parent reviews what they think of this new block schedule! They can't tell you because their kids are long gone out of the school already. That's a shame because their kids didn't have to go through the pure misery of an utterly messed up disorderly block schedule. I'm am not bitter either , but when you've got a 4.0 well rounded student coming home in tears there is something definitely wrong,not a freshman either.

It is probably a bad sign when you hear teachers say they do not feel they are treated equitably by other teachers. It is probably a red flag when you have heard teachers claim that senior administration commited assaults against teachers. So, I can commiserate with those who speak about faulty management. While inappropriate to convey the students, they are extremely knowledgeable, caring, and make learning a joy.

This High School is not just about a great education...it is also about family and close relationships and the true meaning of learning character tools that prepare the students to meet every challenge in life.

First off, I want to encourage you to take the one star, bitter-sounding reviews with a grain of salt. I attended Kennedy Catholic and now both of my daughters also attend. I actually hate to imagine where my life would have ended up if I had not gone to Kennedy. It took me a year to "catch up" with alot of teacher support since I was "educated" in the Highline School district until 9th grade. Attending college and becoming a professional was due to my high school education as a foundation. This school has been great for our family with it's strong music program, academics with free tutoring, over 50 student clubs and sports available, and genuinely caring teachers and student body.

My son attended a couple of years ago. He was not a superstar student, but he is smart, worked hard and applied himself. Kennedy high school was well respected by the nationally ranked universities around the country. He had no problem being accepted at top75 universities, and ended up accepting at a very respected university in the University of California system in the top 50. Now that he is in college and competing with California kids who are all in the top 10% of their classes, we find that he was well prepared and holding his own. I really don't know where some of these other reviews are coming from. Sour grapes, perhaps? From our experience, if your child is smart and works hard, even if they are not one of the academic superstars, they will have a bright future in the top ranked universities in the country. What more do you want from a Catholic high school? Go through the list of top 75 nationally ranked universities in US News. You will recognize all of the names. That is the opportunity that Kennedy high school gave our son.

Last modified John F Kennedy Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12