Posted September 09, 2014
Cannot say enough good things about this school. This is a true community school, with small class sizes where all students are challenged to excel. The parents who send their kids here don't just drop them off at the door, they care deeply about being involved in the education process. Parents are required to spend time volunteering, so you don't get a bunch of checked-out parents. Each lower grade student is paired with an older student as a buddy/role model, and are seated with different grade levels in the cafeteria so they all interact. It becomes an incredible community. Yes, it's Catholic, but they don't shove it down your throat, rather you see the best that Catholic Schools offer, instead of some stuffy dogma. Also, it's surprisingly diverse for being in the center of a tech-centered city. We liked it so much we were commuting from outside the city, and finally sold our house for a smaller one so we could be closer. Well worth the trade off.

Posted June 22, 2014
Excellent ratios, excellent leadership and superb parent involvement. Teachers strive for academic excellence and children's test scores are well above average. Great community.

Posted December 19, 2012
I have two children enrolled at the school and thus far we have been very happy. We are not Catholic (about 35-40% of the families are not) but have felt welcome and the emphasis on good moral and social values (regardless of beliefs) was a draw for us. There is a strong sense of community with the parents and all of the teachers my children have had thus far are fantastic. There is a good student to teacher ratio and while sometimes homework heavy, overall I am pleased with the curriculum and academic performance. An added bonus (since we are two working parents) is great before and after school care on-site, and summer program.

St Benedict School 4

Posted February 13, 2012
I am a first grader parent , this is the second year my son is there , so far I am quite happy , the school has a feeling of community , classes are small ( 20 ) so the teacher has time to spend with the kids, most of them advance at the same pace, the teachers are good ( love our first grade teacher) , yes discipline is strong , which I am happy ,no bullies and respect for everybody , great emphasy in charity and community proyects, parents are friendly if you open up too I would love more programs ( other languages or stronger Spanish or music )

St Benedict School 4

Posted March 20, 2011
This school has fantastic Preschool and Pre K teachers. Both classes have full time assistants who are excellent. The Pre K teacher is new this year. She is amazing. She truly cares about the children. Importantly, she has done a great job introducing reading and math. She is enthusiastic and puts great effort into devising interesting projects for the children. I have no experience yet with teachers beyond Pre K. However, I have spoken to parents who are very happy with the elementary teachers.

St Benedict School 1

Posted April 01, 2010
i went here for nine years and disliked it strongly. Very heavy homework , mean staff and a very very strict discipline system. Most parents swear loyalty to the school but have no idea

St Benedict School 0

Posted April 12, 2008
A welcoming environment regardless of religion. A Catholic school, make no mistake; but about 1/3 of families are not. (Me: non-believing non-Catholic.) My kids exposure to values and beliefs engenders discussions about our responsibilities in the world today. Academically: surprising richness of the curriculum for a small school, as well as excellent programs (art and music, Spanish in all grades) and extracurriculars (sports, Chinese, a Seattle Opera in-school performance involving students, and others). Curriculum is traditional, with homework heavy at times; sometimes too worksheet-oriented, and not geared to special needs. But with class sizes 16 to low 20s, there is good teacher interaction for each student. The community is close, with parents are involved in classrooms and in helping run the school. Big events both tax the volunteer parents and build community, such as the September Wurst Fest, which draws thousands. All this at half the cost of area private schools.

St Benedict School
4811 Wallingford Avenue North, Seattle, WA  98103
Last modified St Benedict School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Benedict School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.