No rating

St Joseph School

Private | K-8 | 613 students

Living in Seattle

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $585,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,180.

Posted September 28, 2013

We have two kids at St. Joseph (starting our third year at the school) and are very happy with all aspects of the school. We are not members of the church, but have felt welcomed into the community. Like most schools, there is quite a bit of fundraising, but it's not excessive. The administrators are top notch and every teacher we have worked with has been great. Together, they keep the curriculum on the cutting edge. They are supportive of the kids without coddling them. One of our kids went to another school that was twice as expensive and the quality of the educational experience at St. Joe's is just as good if not better. We especially like the emphasis on character development; they do a great job of helping kids to reach their potential. We feel fortunate to be a part of the school.

Posted May 16, 2013

We love this school - nothing but good things to say about it. Excellent teachers and attentive to individual students needs.

Posted February 8, 2012

Right now I am a seventh grader at St. Joseph's and I love it. I have attended the school since kindergarten and none of the stuff below is true. I have many friends and we always welcome the newer kids and try and make them feel comfortable. The community of faith is amazing and I couldn't imagine any other school topping St. Joseph's. I love the school and I bet you would too!

Posted January 3, 2012

Most of these reviews are by unaware parents but as a student I was constantly bullied, not only by students, but also teachers. The academics are unfocused and taught terribly by not so good teachers. These were the worst 8 years of my life and we regret wasting SO much money on the school. The school says the already outrageous base price but you have to donate and donate and so on. This school has made me forever socially awkward and educationally embarrassed. Terrible teachers, too expensive, bad academics, and so on.

Posted August 8, 2011

i attended St. Joes from 5-7th grade and I hated it. The students and the staff were rude to people of color. I was bullied often and I had low self esteem. The athletics instructors always put me on the B team even though I was better than most of the girls. I am so glad I transferred out of there because honestly this place was cruel. This is not a good school for people of color especially black people. There is no diversity.

Posted August 8, 2011

I attended St.Joes from 5-7th grade and I hated it. Students and Staff were rude and I was bullied the whole time. This is not a school where students of color are appreciated. Athletic intstructors were bias and did not select me onto "A" teams because their daughters did not like me. I am so glad I transferred from there because I had a extreme low self esteem. Parents of black and other races of children DO NOT choose this school.

Posted September 30, 2009

You will find that St. Joseph School is not only an exceptional academic school, yet a community of faith filled families who give back in various ways - whether giving of their time or financial contributions, it is a very generous community. My son is receiving an outstanding education with a very supportive teacher (gr. 4) and a resource specialist who provides academic support and motivation to succeed - all with a positive and encouraging 'can-do' attitude. I would highly recommend St. Joseph School.

Posted May 30, 2009

Exceptional school and community. The kids are challenged but given strong support to achieve. There is a lot of homework in middle school which can be daunting but the kids rise to it. There is definitely an expectation from the middle schoolers that homework is done - it's not cool to skip out on homework. Also a big focus on charity and doing for others. As a parent, I could not be happier.

Posted May 5, 2009

St. Joseph School is an exceptional school with a very strong administration, dedicated faculty with very supportive parents. We made the right decision to transfer our daughter as she is able to get the academic support she needs in 4th grade from their support center. She also believes in herself for the first time in years. We couldn't ask for more.

Posted March 26, 2009

St. Joseph is a great school!! I have gone attended since kindergarten like so many other kids in my grade have, it is cool to be about to graduate with children that I have known since I was five! The teachers are great and do everything to help you get ahead.. and if you are looking to get into high schools it is a great school--- i just got into every high school i applied to and so did most people who go to St. Joes. The school has a lot of homework mainly in 7th grade... but in the end it is all worth it! I will be so sad to leave St. Joseph at the end of the year but I have loved my time here!
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 29, 2008

I cannot say enough great things about this school! My daughter transferred here from one of the best public schools in the area. We were happy with the previous school but we didn't know what we were missing in terms of school community and academic expectations of students. The school and parish community is wonderful. We love the academic rigor alongside the commitment to helping kids to be well-rounded, caring, and involved community members. There is also a huge stress on social justice and compassion for others here.

Posted August 19, 2008

St. Joseph School is an excellent K-8 school-fabulous teachers, a committed administration and a very strong community. I would highly recommend St. Joe's of Seattle!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 7%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Seattle

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

700 18th Avenue East