Seattle, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 17, 2012
St. Matthew s is a place that when I drop off my children every day, I know they will be safe, they will thrive and they will be treated with kindness and respect. This is a community where everyone looks after each other, parents and teachers support one another and we genuinely want to see each child succeed to their full potential. If you are looking for a place where you and your child will feel like you belong to a loving and accepting community, this is the place! Our school might be humble on the outside but we are rich on the inside! The halls are filled with diversity, teaching the children to see God in everyone. Tour our halls during school hours and you will witness for yourself this wonderful place that has been the best kept secret in Seattle!

Posted April 16, 2012
Not only does St. Matthew strive for academic excellence for each student and offers support when needed for each child, but also focusses on the Christian-Catholic principles through thier P.R.I.S.M. program: pride in work, respect for others, inclusion of everyone, safety and manners. What is especially wonderful is thier diverse community. Growing up an minority, this was an particular area where I wanted my children to feel comfortable and included. Seeing that my daughter is thriving and LOVES school and everyone in it, I know that we made the right choice of schools.

Posted April 16, 2012
St. Matthew School is a wonderful community of students, teachers, and parents. The students support each other from 8th grade down to Kindergarten. The relationships between the grade level teaches the students compassion, empathy, and kindness. The teachers challenge the students to strive for their best and even beyond.

Posted March 09, 2006
St. Matthew School has been an excellent academic experience for my two children. Both of my children have different learning styles and needs which are being met. The teachers really care about the success of each child. Addiotnally, the teachers are all very experienced and remain at St. Matthew School for a long time, which indicates they love their jobs. The school provides many different opportunities for learning through a great science program, Writer-In-Residence Program, Art Docent program, music, foreign language and technology. Our most recent experience of applying to high schools went exceptionally well with acceptance to all schools and merit scholarships from two schools.

St Matthew Elementary School 1

Posted February 14, 2005

Posted January 05, 2005
St. Matthew School has helped prepared my children for high school and beyond in a number of ways. My children have been given the academic background and learning tools to enable them to successfully move into honors classes. Respect of others has been fundamental though teachings and example. Teamwork has been encouraged a lot, not only in the many sports associated with the school, but in the classroom and school itself. On top of all, they have been taught Christian values in everything that is done within the school, academically, athletically, and socially. Another aspect of the school that I have appreciated over the last 14 years has been the financial stability and responsibility that the school has shown. Through long range planning and great school and parish leadership, the school has been able to stay financially secure through enrollment and economic ups and downs.

Posted February 23, 2004
This school has wonderful diversity that is really celebrated! Visit the Rainbow Festival and you will see the many different cultures represented at St. Matthew. The principal & staff care for each child & make sure that it is a supportive, safe environment to learn. Inclusion, respect, and pride are really stressed from the playground to the classroom!

St Matthew Elementary School
1230 Northeast 127th Street, Seattle, WA  98125
Last modified St Matthew Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Matthew Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top