PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I'm not aware of much bullying here.

Effective school leaders: Agree

We all miss Mr. B, but Missi Teme is passionate and competent. She connects with the kids and parents.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Holy Family is not shy about its Catholic identity.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They clearly care about the kids and keep close contact with the parents to ensure success.

It takes a sacrifice to send our kids here, but the benefits are clear. The teachers and staff are dedicated and the parents are invested. My kids map scores are above average for the school district and the archdiocese and the culture at the school supports the discipline and values they get at home. I think some of the comments here are either outdated or disgruntled. We have 3 kids in the school and love it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are exceptional at differentiation of instruction as there are many different levels of learning in the community.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school promotes strong, Catholic values. Students go to Mass weekly and constantly discuss how to live the Gospel.

Sending my children to this school was one of the best decisions I made as a mother. What sold the school was their dual language program, in which the kids learn in both English and Spanish. What has been most impressive over the three years we have been a part of the community is the family-like atmosphere. I have a very shy 3 year old son and was nervous about having him in all day preschool. He LOVES Holy Family and is thriving there. My daughter, first grade, speaks both Spanish and English and is learning solid Catholic family values of respecting other. What is most impressive is the diversity in the school. This school is a hidden gem!

Attended for 10 years (2005-2015) and it's been a bumpy ride. Our school was never one of the rich kid schools. We never built no new gymnasium and we just recently got new iPads. We lived through it I guess, just by reading the text book and looking at the projection of the overhead. Teachers at this school were mostly helpful at the time. Can't really say anything about the lower elementary teachers currently because the ones in my time already left, but these newer teachers seem like good people. My middle school teachers were okay too. Some were helpful and nice, some just kind of slacked off. Plus, after the departure of the music teacher in 2013, we never really had a real music/drama program. A problem I'm always hearing about is Holy Family is in some financial crisis or how ever you explain it. I'm always hearing about money problems and what not. This school pretty much seemed to be good at my early years here, with it seems to be large enrollment and lots of parent involvement. This school somehow just crumbled and never got back to the way it was 10 years ago. I don't know why, but it's also not really my problem. I really don't know if this had an effect on our education at all, mainly because I don't know the curriculum at the neighboring Catholic schools. Another problem with this school is the school itself. The building being finished in 1927, the floor seems to be uneven, the walls seem to be crumbling, and many other things seem to be falling apart. Of course other neighboring schools have a better buildings since they were built in the 1950s-1960s, with the exception of Holy Rosary which I believe was built in 1924, but by the looks of it, it seems their school seems to be holding up quite fine. We don't have a gymnasium unlike Our Lady of Guadalupe and it seems the rest of the of the Archdiocesan Catholic Schools. But somehow, I lived through it, and when you think about it, none of this really matters. It's just that you get a good education, which Holy Family offered satisfactory. But all in all, I wished Holy Family would've been more of the prestigious Catholic school the neighboring Catholic schools are right now. Hopefully the current principal can change things around somehow.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My teachers in lower elementary were terrific and were very effective. Some middle school teachers are effective, some not really. Sometimes in class we'd just watch movies or whatnot. Even though I was supposed to enjoy it (which I did), it really didn't teach me anything. On the other hand, we had some first time teachers, and they were OK. They really couldn't explain things very well, but I'd cut them some slack since it's their first year anyway. There's always room for improvement.

Last modified Holy Family School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8