PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are exceptional at differentiation of instruction as there are many different levels of learning in the community.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school promotes strong, Catholic values. Students go to Mass weekly and constantly discuss how to live the Gospel.

Sending my children to this school was one of the best decisions I made as a mother. What sold the school was their dual language program, in which the kids learn in both English and Spanish. What has been most impressive over the three years we have been a part of the community is the family-like atmosphere. I have a very shy 3 year old son and was nervous about having him in all day preschool. He LOVES Holy Family and is thriving there. My daughter, first grade, speaks both Spanish and English and is learning solid Catholic family values of respecting other. What is most impressive is the diversity in the school. This school is a hidden gem!

Attended for 10 years (2005-2015) and it's been a bumpy ride. Our school was never one of the rich kid schools. We never built no new gymnasium and we just recently got new iPads. We lived through it I guess, just by reading the text book and looking at the projection of the overhead. Teachers at this school were mostly helpful at the time. Can't really say anything about the lower elementary teachers currently because the ones in my time already left, but these newer teachers seem like good people. My middle school teachers were okay too. Some were helpful and nice, some just kind of slacked off. Plus, after the departure of the music teacher in 2013, we never really had a real music/drama program. A problem I'm always hearing about is Holy Family is in some financial crisis or how ever you explain it. I'm always hearing about money problems and what not. This school pretty much seemed to be good at my early years here, with it seems to be large enrollment and lots of parent involvement. This school somehow just crumbled and never got back to the way it was 10 years ago. I don't know why, but it's also not really my problem. I really don't know if this had an effect on our education at all, mainly because I don't know the curriculum at the neighboring Catholic schools. Another problem with this school is the school itself. The building being finished in 1927, the floor seems to be uneven, the walls seem to be crumbling, and many other things seem to be falling apart. Of course other neighboring schools have a better buildings since they were built in the 1950s-1960s, with the exception of Holy Rosary which I believe was built in 1924, but by the looks of it, it seems their school seems to be holding up quite fine. We don't have a gymnasium unlike Our Lady of Guadalupe and it seems the rest of the of the Archdiocesan Catholic Schools. But somehow, I lived through it, and when you think about it, none of this really matters. It's just that you get a good education, which Holy Family offered satisfactory. But all in all, I wished Holy Family would've been more of the prestigious Catholic school the neighboring Catholic schools are right now. Hopefully the current principal can change things around somehow.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My teachers in lower elementary were terrific and were very effective. Some middle school teachers are effective, some not really. Sometimes in class we'd just watch movies or whatnot. Even though I was supposed to enjoy it (which I did), it really didn't teach me anything. On the other hand, we had some first time teachers, and they were OK. They really couldn't explain things very well, but I'd cut them some slack since it's their first year anyway. There's always room for improvement.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Honestly, this school hardly gave any homework. In my 6th grade year, 90% of the time I had no homework. They kind of improved on the work load, but I think they can ramp up the work load even more, especially for middle school students. I'm not too sure about the lower elementary students.

Develops character: Agree

With the experience with my lower elementary teachers, they did what they could to mold me into a Catholic student knowing to do the right things. Later into middle school, with my experience, I felt some teachers reinforced their teachings of honesty, integrity, and fairness while others would completely miss these topics in all.

Horrible school. The reason why I say this is because my daughter was learning FOURTH grade math in the eighth grade. Also, the teachers have no idea how to teach. All they do is make the students learn vocabulary words but dont teach how to apply it in life. Another thing is the behavior of the teachers. One of my daughters classmates was made fun of and insulted by the RELIGION teacher! That behavior is uncalled for and I can't wait to transfer her to a new school. DO NOT GO TO HOLY FAMILY SCHOOL! send them to a public school, it is honestly better than this trash.

Great school! My child loves this school. He has been going here since 2005. There has been ups and downs but we still stuck to Holy Family. The new principal is great; he used to be the principal of Bellevue High School. I like how they are semi-remodeling the interior of the school. By January the old carpets are going to be gone and classrooms are going to have their own projectors. The computer lab is going to have a Smart Board, which is awesome to me. The education my child is getting is great. He comes home talking about the new concepts he learned in school. This tells me that he is actually learning. The teachers are great. They are very friendly, and they help my child in a way that he understands the new concept right away. For a Catholic school, the religion they teach is great. They learn about the Bible and how it reflects our own lives. Overall, this is a great school. I am satisfied with the teachers commitment to teach kids. I would recommend this school to anyone.

This school isn't bad, but it isn't great either. My child attended this school in 1999 and it was great. There were a lot of supporting parents, a great principal, and a great staff. The principal remodeled the porch, which was great because the old one was falling apart. This principal decided to put an elevator leading from ground level to the porch. He also wanted to put a multi-purpose gym on the playground. The principal made a fraction of the elevator, only putting the launching pad on the ground and no progress with the gym. This principal tried his best to make this school a great school, but people stopped donating. In 2005 when the new principal came, he also made a change in the school. He remodeled the basement and remodeled the classroom floors. With this principal, I see no effort in him. He just wants to put this Spanish program. Maybe this is why so many families are leaving. In 1999, Holy Family had close to 300-350 students. Right now, Holy Family only has 160 students. Big drop right? This school would be better if families donated more. HF is struggling financially and parents would make this better. HF is an okay school, they just need more support.

Last modified Holy Family School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8