Seattle, WA

Posted February 03, 2013
My daughter attended the PK (EEC 3 & 4) the last two years. It is an excellent school with a very active parent community. The EEC 3 teacher is very nurturing and gentle. She has been there for many years. When she moved up to EEC4, the teacher was still nurturing but stern so it was a good transition. I feel the other parents have been very involved and I've felt it is a great community. We are going to go to public K next Fall because we have a fantastic neighborhood school, but if we didn't have that option, we would certainly continue.

Posted May 25, 2010
My son transferred to the Preschool and loves it- he can't wait to go. The teachers are great at teaching the children discipline and independence. The art program is incredible ! The children learn above their age level (math, reading, writing, etc). We are not catholic and feel no pressure to convert but my son asks lots of questions about God and Noah etc..as this is taught in the school. Weekly Mass attendance is mandatory for the children. Good PTA but as this is a small school, the after school programs reflect the limited budget and student size. The drama program by the middle school is great - almost 100% participation. The music program is very good. The school is trying to grow so there are some transitions that parents should be aware of as this is a school that may look very different in a few years.

Posted June 08, 2009
My daughter just finished her preschool year at CKS and I cried! Seriously the best experience I could have ever hoped for. I wish every child got the gift of CKS!

Posted May 27, 2009
Our son is a first year student and we have been so impressed with this school. The teachers here are deeply dedicated to their students and the academic cirriculum is excellent. There is a strong community of parents who support the teaching and administrative staff . The environment is a warm and nuturing one and we love that this school not only teaches our kids academics but teaches them about morals, manners and ways in which to give back to others. We as parents feel that what we teach at home is reinforced in the classroom. Absolutely wonderful art, music and library programs. We love this school and would not consider sending our kids anywhere else. A very special place.

Posted March 08, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009
We transferred to Christ the King school for 7th and 8th grades, and it has been a wonderful experience. The teachers are caring but exacting. The work is high-level; expectations are high. Despite having much more homework and more challenging work than in public school, our son is thriving and enjoying himself. Parents are very involved even in the upper classes; staff has responded promptly and effectively to the few problems that have arisen. CTK is a small school and has the pluses and minuses that go with its size. The band is tiny and sports teams must sometimes be combined with those at other schools to exist at all. The kids are nice, but with such a small group the social scene can be a little insular. These downsides are more than offset by the personal attention each student receives and by the community spirit that pervades the school.

Posted February 24, 2008
My daughter attends CKS and is in Kindergarten. She will be at CKS until the 8th grade. We love this school, teachers are A+ and the small class size is wonderful. We are not members of the church or religous and I feel no pressure to join or do I feel we are treated differently since we are not members of the church. We are very pleased and tell everyone that this is one of the best private schools in Seattle.

Christ The King School 2

Posted February 16, 2007
I am an 8th grade student currently attending CKS. I have been there since PK and my family has been involved with the school since 1987. The teachers there are really great and give lots of hands-on experiences in class. CKS is a respectable Catholic school with good morals taught to all the students. Although I personally wouldn't recommend this school to any potential parents, I'm sure many others would.

Christ The King School 4

Posted May 09, 2006
Great school community. School easily outperforms its private school peers in academic rigor.

Christ The King School 4

Posted January 05, 2005
Awesome school. Incredible art and music program. Small class size makes for a great teaching environment. Giving back to the community and helping those less fortunate emphasized and put into practice. You will be so glad to send your child here.

Christ The King School
415 North 117th Street, Seattle, WA  98133
Last modified Christ The King School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Christ The King School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top