9-12|Private

Bad
Good

While most aspects of the school are very good, the administration is a blight on its otherwise good reputation. Shelia Kris has expelled 15 students without any kind of investigation. She is like a mad dog driven by her own ego.

I'm not sure what's happened to Blanchet, but it's now a school with such weak leadership that bullying has become a prevalent behavior among the student body. The school administration claim they care, but no one does anything about it, and the students know it. You don't dare to be different, otherwise you'll be picked on and made fun of. A lot of kids have left the school because of the bullying. There are a lot of great teachers, but they are powerless to do anything.

A safe environment for your teenager to learn and play sports. The curriculum is well above that of public schooling and deffinitely helps once said teen continues to college or whatever their choices are in life this school will teach them to be better people. You have your partiers and different groups like most schools but there's a zero tolerance policy which keeps the place safer. Great sports program. Sports athletes need to keep a certain grade point average to play which keeps them not only focused on sports but schooling also. So if I had a kid I'd send them to where I went and be happy with the fact they're getting a great education and if they're into sports then this is the place to go. especially cross country and track long distance.

I don't understand all the one-star ratings. So far BBHS has been absolutely fantastic. When I was a freshman the transition from Middle School to High School was as smooth as possible, and after a week I felt like I belonged. The teachers really care about you and want you to succeed. They provide you with all the resources you need to be a well-rounded individual. The extra-curricular activities are second-to-none, and I love all the choices for electives. I have made so many good friends, and I have nothing bad to say about this school.

Very unimpressed. I have two children attending at present. The teachers are unyielding and dogmatic in their approach to assignments and overall academics. Considering the tuition costs and the further demands of each family to contribute either financially or through service, I would expect much more from such an investment. Your child will be far better off going to UPrep or one of many vastly better private schools.

Bishop Blanchet is corrupt institution in which the students are constantly brainwashed/forced with their Catholic ideals which does not provide an environment for the student to explore different religious options. How can someone become the buddhist monk or jewish rabbi they want to be if their isnt any encouragement to explore different religious opportunities? If you want your child to have a chance in this world, then Blanchet is not fit for you.

Blanchet offers a good overall education, but if your child has difficulty in a specific class, there are inadequate resources or parent communication. The coursework and homework expectations are steep and at times unattainable. Athletic opportunities are minimal unless your child is exceptional in the given sport. If you are looking for a family-oriented catholic education, then Blanchet is not for you. Blanchet will deny entrance of your childrens sibling(s) without adequate cause and lie to you during the admissions process. The focus is more in tune with keeping their stats high or securing spaces for those who make large financial 'donations' than providing a sound catholic education to active catholic families. Blanchet has forgotten that they are a Seattle Archdiocesan school introduced into the Seattle area to provide a quality religious-based education, not a non-denominational private school.

Blanchet is the ideal school for students who want a well rounded education. The academics are challenging, the school environment is positive and the overall community is very supportive. I have had fabulous teachers who give 250% all of the time, coaches who are dedicated to each and every player and an experience that will prepare me for my next step - college. I will be applying to a variety of schools and feel VERY prepared for my future. Blanchet is a dynamic school!

Blanchet is an amazing school. I am now a senior at Seattle University and find that I am better prepared than many of my peers. I often find that in English classes I have read the works assigned before. I was also well prepared for my Philosophy and Religion classes required at a Jesuit institution such as Seattle U. I enjoyed my time at Blanchet, and felt that through anything I had a strong support system in the faculty, staff and my peers. The teachers want to see you succeed inside and outside of the classroom. Many of the students are from backgrounds other than Catholic. I did find that my friends who attended Parochial grade schools thrived better in the environment at Blanchet. I think it was because they were better prepared for the the level of academic rigor in such a school.

Outstanding community, excellent education with compaasionate and well-rounded students - all in a Catholic, Christian environment. Thank you Blanchet!

Last modified Bishop Blanchet High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12