Seattle, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 19, 2014
My son began attending Hope two years ago in 6th grade. He has a vision disability, and despite the best efforts of his prior public school, my son could never keep up with his peers in any way, educational, emotional, or social. The decision to send him to Hope has been life-changing. The staff and students of Hope are the most wonderful and caring people we have ever met, and the education and extra-curricular activities are top-notch. My son is never without help if he needs it. He has made educational leaps, amazing friends, and is able to participate in clubs and athletics. Thanks to Hope, my child is having a peaceful and happy school experience. We are so thankful.

Posted April 17, 2014
Hope Lutheran Seattle is one of those rare gems that provide not only a great education, but a great place to grow socially and spiritually. The teachers at Hope truly love their jobs and love their students! And this starts at the top with a warm-hearted, visionary principal who leads by example. Upon arriving in the morning, she is always outside greeting everyone and we all feel like we are coming home for the day. The class sizes are small; individual attention is therefore a given and parent involvement is encouraged and appreciated. Love for God permeates the school and our children are taught the values of living a Christian life, loving and serving Jesus - what a blessing! I thank the good Lord everyday for Hope - for the school, church and ministries - we feel totally blessed to be a part of the Hope family!

Posted April 12, 2014
Hope Lutheran is a family! We were initially drawn here for the academics - despite their small class size they seem to cater to every child's needs. But we quickly learned that they genuinely care for each other! From the principal to every teacher to every staff member, their positive attitude is infectious for both children and parents. Our commute is 45 minutes, passing many schools along the way, but we wouldn't have it any other way!

Posted April 11, 2014
Everyone is so kind & helpful! They really care on how your child is developing in every aspect. It's a small school with a big heart!

Posted April 09, 2014
We transferred to hope from Lafayette and could not be more happy. I've seen our kids excel in such a short period of time. I would compare the education to the spectrum program at Lafayette but in a small school environment. Everyone is so encouraging and the parent involvement is amazing . I'v seen no bulling and even shy kids (one of ours) is able to speak in front of large groups now. The lower grades are becoming impacted but I would encourage parents to check out the program.

Posted April 07, 2014
If you're looking for high quality academic education, student first approach and family centered care for each student... THEN...Hope Lutheran School is your home away from home!

Hope Lutheran School 3

Posted November 06, 2013
Attended this school in the 70's and 80's and it was not diverse as par the course now. Racial discrimination was rampant, but the education was superb. Being called the N word and other disparaging names was weekly. Don't expect staff to assist in those maners. Academics A+, racial equality F.

Posted November 01, 2013
Hope is a fantastic school. Both our boys attend and we couldn't be happier with the choice we made. The class sizes are small and each child receives a great amount of attention for the teachers. They do a great job adjusting their approach for different learning styles so each child can be successful. It is truly a great program to enroll your child in. We are not very religious, but our family has been embraced by the Hope community and families regardless of beliefs. This place is top notch and we've met some amazing people here.

Posted October 30, 2013
Hope Lutheran is awesome school. I am very happy my child goes there. She is in the preschool class and is so happy to go to school. I love the feeling of being part of a family. All the staff is friendly and very caring. I love the fact they take the time to get to know you and your child. I also love the smaller class size and that lily gets one on one time with her teacher.

Posted October 28, 2013
Hope Lutheran is an amazing place. Its not just a school, its a community of caring people who have a great love of learning. All of the staff are focused on helping each child obtaining and surpassing their potential. Parents are extremely involved and strive to make Hope a better place for all. The small class size allows teachers time to focus on individual students and allows for each student to grow. Older students are encouraged to work with younger children, providing older students with leadership experience and younger students with a connection to the big kids. I am always amazed that both of my boys seem to know everyone in the school, I didn't even know everyone in my grade at my elementary school, and certainly not in Junior High. We started with pre-school and were so happy with the program that we stayed with the school. We are happy with our decision and would make the same decision if we had to do it all over again.

Hope Lutheran School