Seattle, WA

Posted January 28, 2014
Concordia is an amazing school with teachers and staff that truly care about their students. We enrolled our daughter for the preschool program and knew immediately it would be a great fit for us. We love the small class sizes, the individual attention she gets, and the inviting classrooms. When she reached Kindergarten, our intent had always been to transition to public school, but loved the school so much, we stayed! We are not a religious family, per se, and even though it is a Christian school, we have never felt anything but welcome there. I highly recommend this school!

Posted August 08, 2013
Concordia is a fabulous school. I have two girls and a boy here and if there have ever been problems they were dealt with immediately by the capable hands of the administrator principal and teachers. Education is excellent and I would recommend school to anyone who wants a quality education for their children.

Concordia Lutheran School 1

Posted February 04, 2013
My child attended this school for the beginning of the 2012/2013 school year. She is a girl and the other girls did not welcome her or treat her kindly. The behavior was not dealt with and we left the school. I have seen posts from two other families that this happened to here; both had the same thing occur. The posts are always removed within a week. Interesting.

Posted June 25, 2010
I am a former student of Concordia. I attended from 4th to 6th grade and loved it! Especially in 4th and 5th grade, where my teacher gave our class a great foundation. Things I learned during those years have stayed with me and helped me during Junior High and High School! Despite the small class size, I still had the opportunity to take an advanced math class. The small class size does mean that the students have a much closer bond, and students in combined-grade classrooms (i.e. 3rd and 4th) have the opportunity to learn from older students and get a taste of what they will learn the following year.

Posted October 12, 2008
We love the public schools and wanted both of our children to go through the system from kindergarten through high school. The needs of my daughter for a smaller, more nurturing environment however sent us looking for the best school for her needs. We found that school at Concordia. We are not Lutherans but we have found that our child is loved and treasured for who she is not the color of her skin, her religion or her scholastic standing. Because it is a multi-age program, she is at her level of competence in all subjects. She loves being surrounded by children of all ages and teachers and staff who know her and care for her. Please note that that Concordia has changed direction in the last few years. Check out this wonderful school if you are looking for a small, caring and great eduacational environment for your children.

Posted February 07, 2008
Concordia has been a great fit for both our children. It's a small school, so there's a strong feeling of community. The teachers and staff are very available - we even called the principal and our child's teacher one evening to discuss some behavioral issues, and they both thanked us the next day for involving them! The small classes are wonderful; each child ends up with lots of attention and a teaching plan tailored to their own needs and abilities. We think we've found a hidden gem in Seattle education that most people just don't know about.

Concordia Lutheran School 4

Posted January 05, 2004
Having gone to Concordia, and having participated in various ways as a parent of a student there as well, I feel I have been so blessed. My child is a minority student, and we felt very welcomed and accepted while we were involved with the school. My child was cared for, and nurtured, and he loved being there everyday. The enrollment was 57 at the start of this year, but they have added almost 10 more students since then. There is a lot of love at Concordia, and I pray that many more kids will come to experience the wonderful times I and my child had there.

Concordia Lutheran School 1

Posted August 10, 2003
This school is a very closed community environment. Stats are wrong. Enrollment for Fall 2003 is 57. The current 'status quo' for this school does not openly welcome people of different religious, socio-economic status, or racial background. Your tuition is welcome, your student is not. Fit their box or save your money. Minority students need not apply.

Concordia Lutheran School
7040 36th Avenue Northeast, Seattle, WA  98115
Last modified Concordia Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Concordia Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top