K-12|Private

Bad
Good

My children started the preschool and elementary school last year. The school, to include teachers, parents, and children of all grades, warmly welcomed them into the community and nurtured them academically and spiritually. The preschool is a play based preschool which allows the kids to learn and grow in a healthy, active, and loving environment. As research continues to show, children at this age learn best through play and I have watched my preschooler thrive in this environment. The elementary school teachers have combined years of experience with the latest "standards" to create a fun and rigorous academic environment. In addition to main classroom activities, the kids have dedicated art, music, computers, library, and gym plus actual recess several times a day - allowing them to stay physically fit, understand social interaction and then focus better in the classroom. I feel my children are getting great education. I saw one reviewer say they felt their child was behind when they transferred to a public school. I had the opposite experience when I transferred my child from a public school to Shoreline Christian. He was behind and the teacher and school was proactive in helping him catch up to his classmates.

My kids have been at SCS since Kindergarten and are now in 3rd grade. They look forward to school every single day. They love their teachers, the rich program offerings and their classmates. They love the wonderful playground and the inclusive and loving environment. I feel good dropping them off each day knowing they will be nurtured spiritually and stretched academically

When I first arrived at SCS, I had never been to a private, nor Christian school, so learning there was a bit of a challenge for me. As time went on however, I quickly warmed up to the education style they were teaching. Shoreline Chrisitan is a great school despite the small population. However though I do think that this school has a bit of a hard time accepting differences both religiously and socially, but overall it is a great community!

I came to shoreline christian after being shuffled around to both public and private schools. I found SCS refreshing. The faculty is an encouragement to me and my faith and despite the small class sizes it allows you to have a more one on one time with teachers. I enjoy the support of the community and though it is small it is very welcoming. The education is definitely more challenging than public schools and i appreciate their focus on college prep.it is really one of the best schools i have been too and would recommend it to anyone.

Our school has provided a great climate for our two sons, both of whom had learning disabilities. The staff is willing to work with us and the small classroom sizes are perfect for their needs. The consistency of staying at the same school for K-12 has given them confidence. Our school is truly a community.

The teachers and staff are extremely kind but the school as a whole is very cliquish and not very welcoming to "outsiders". The level of education is so so. When placing our son in public school we found that he was extremely behind. We find this apalling after all the money we spent.

SCS is a place where the staff truly cares about each student as they work on unfolding all their God given gifts. Teachers are dedicated and caring and it shows every single day. Your child will grow at Shoreline Christian and you'll be welcomed as part of the family.

SCS is a great school with a firm reformed faith. I think SCS is the one of the best Christian school in Washington.

Last modified Shoreline Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12