Seattle, WA

Posted March 29, 2013
Outstanding education for college prep and for life. Challenging classes each with rigor, interesting presentation, and with relevance to our changing world. The school community is tight and the teachers are deeply caring about students and families. I cannot think of a better place to be a student.

Posted May 27, 2009
I absolutely love this school. I cant imagine any other school I would want to be in. Although small, everyone knows everyone at Uprep. There isn't any bullying or fights involved with this school, and the teachers are the best i've ever had. I am happy to go to almost every single class, and the electives (start in seventh grade) are great. They provide an excellent variety to people with different interests and opportunities that I probably wouldn't have gotten outside of school. One of my electives which was photography, got me interested in the subject, and now I am saving up for my own digital SLR. I have also taken journalism. This class is enjoyable in every aspect from picture taking to interviews to writting your newspaper article. Although the sports teams aren't spectacular like Blanchett, they bring a great atmosphere, and the facilities are amazing and updated. A+++++++++++++ school.

University Prep 0

Posted March 18, 2009
Our son is a 7th grader at UPrep this year and we're exceptionally happy with the curriculum, level of rigor, quality of the teachers, and sports program. With 16 or fewer kids per classroom, the teachers have a very good pulse on each child and the written comments on report cards clearly reflect this. What probably separates UPrep from most of the other private middle/high school options is their primo facilities--it is really convenient to have Dahl Field practically on campus and the PumaDome gymnasium, along with the theater, at which multiple student plays are produced each year. Judging from the number of families that send siblings to UPrep, it is well-liked school!

University Prep 0

Posted October 01, 2008
Three years and 2 kids at UPrep. Great experience for all. Interesting, relevant curriculum with lots of opportunity for students to both work in 'teams' and independently. Faculty is engaged, enthusiastic and caring. Sports and music programs have been great. Really like new 'Head of Middle School'. Looking forward to High School here.

University Prep 4

Posted March 18, 2008

Posted September 02, 2004
My child is a 2nd yr attending high school. At first our child was reluctant to go to a private school coming from a public school but our child is now elated about the school and says that they can't imagine not being here, only wishes it had happened sooner. The class size and true teacher concerns are very good here, the school has an extremely large parental involvement which helps keep the parents/teachers/staff and students communicating. The school curriculum offers quite a bit of diversity which was what we felt important to the growth of our child. The classes are challenging which is what it should be for those families seeking preparation for college. We are very please with the school and only wished we had done it earlier.

University Prep