Seattle, WA

Morningside Academy 1

Posted August 27, 2014
Think twice and know that while precision teaching may work there are big problems within the school. The communication both within the school and with families is deplorable. The administrative aspects of this school were frustrating and problematic. The teachers may be trained at precision teaching but their skill set and qualifications end there. We found the majority of the teachers to be emotionally immature, poorly educated, and very unprofessional with their students. We had a dreadful experience and our child may have made academic gains but, the experience will take years to mend. Realize that the TA program is outdated and not for children. A program such as Social Thinking would be ideal.

Posted August 02, 2013
We had a fantastic experience with the summer school program. My son became truly engaged in learning and came home excited about his accomplishments each day. This school inspired him to succeed and increased his self-confidence in his ability to learn. My son shared with us toward the end of summer school that he wanted to make Morningside Academy his regular school. We are extremely happy that a spot opened up for him to attend starting this Fall. Bring on his newfound joy of learning!

Morningside Academy 1

Posted June 27, 2013
I had a bad experience with applying to their summer program. I inquired on June 6 as to whether there was room in the program, and was informed that there was limited space if I was flexible and I should apply. When I sent my registration, there was no acknowledgement of receipt, the administration did not answer emails or phone calls for three weeks and then on June 27 finally called to apologize that there would be no room for him in the program. If the school cannot be honest with applicants and does not have the integrity, follow-up and organizaton to manage their enrollment process in a professional and courteous manner, I have a hard time believing the school can teach these things to children.

Posted April 29, 2010
Morning Side Academy holds themselves accountable for your children to reach their full academic potential!

Posted April 06, 2010
A small school where your child is really known......instead of grades (2nd, 3rd, etc), child is put into class based on ability and they work with them until they master the skills (don't just push them through like in most other schools)....they really pull off miracles in terms of helping struggling students succeed academically. The admin and teachers really know what they are doing and they could not be more concerned about your child. My child loves it here and feels really successful academically!

Posted January 26, 2010
Our son has really benefitted from Morningside's educational approach. Any behavioral challenges are addressed directly and the student knows EXACTLY what is expected of him/her. As a result, academic skills become the focus in each classroom and the kids rapidly become proficient in the core subjects of math, reading, and writing. And while they're learning, there is an emphasis on making them feel good about themselves and their progress. Increased self-confidence and a better understanding of their peers is a by-product of the environment as well as being addressed in a psychology class that all students take. A fantastic school for educating kids who haven't fully reached their potential in traditional school settings. The summer school is equally wonderful and a great chance to try out the school, either for remediation or to get ahead for your child!

Posted June 20, 2008

Posted February 08, 2006
Excellent and innovative programs for children of various ability levels. Uses an unusual combination of direct instruction, precision teaching, and thinking development programs. I used to work here, and I am proud to say that it was the greatest learning experience of my life.

Morningside Academy 4

Posted November 14, 2005
My daughter went to summer school at morningside and went up almost two grade levels in five weeks. She loved the school, the way they taught was the best fit for her, and she achieved so much in so little time.

Posted January 07, 2005
Morningside is an excellent school for any child but especially for a child who is sturggling in school or had learning issues. My daughter improved two grades in reading and math is less than one year. She LOVES school and is very happy. They are very focussed on basic academic subjects and do a wonderful job.

Morningside Academy