9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

As a former teacher, I have the highest respect for the other educators who work here, but the administrator is dragging the school down. He is unorganized, sexist, controlling, and unwilling to accept criticism of his actions and decisions. On a whole, there is a tendency in the administration to cater to the concerns of a small number of parents who give money or have connections while ignoring the wishes of the bulk of parents, the needs of their faculty, and--often--research into best practices. This school could be so good. The teachers there care about their students and want to challenge them to reach their full potential, but they are hampered by the administrations ineptitude.

As an Alum of Seattle Lutheran High School, I can honestly say that this place provided me with the tools necessary to be where I am today. Small class sizes provided a personal connection with fellow student, teachers and staff. The Christian atmosphere was positive and encouraging and helped solidify my faith in people and God. Finally, the opportunities to not only be involved, but to participate were something that taught me balance, teamwork, and how to deal with success and failure. The school continues to evolve and the new programs and staff that have been put in place are making this an even greater school. For anyone in the Seattle area, and especially those in West Seattle, I would highly encourage you to visit and see what it offers. The benefits of it's small size, central location, and focus on the individual student experience is something that is well worth the investment.

My son began last year as a Freshman. He had three schools to choose from but ultimately picked SLHS after feeling so welcomed on his visit day. It has turned out to be a fantastic decision. The school exceeds our expectations in every way. Besides outstanding academics, students are encouraged to stretch themselves in confidence and compassion. The teachers and staff truly care about each student reaching their highest potential. This translates into emotional and social maturity seldom seen in high-school aged kids. There is no doubt that my son will graduate fully prepared for college and life. But perhaps the best part is that he's enjoying a happy and drama-free high school experience.

SLHS has fantastic teachers - the Chemistry and Physics teacher holds a Science PhD, for example. Most teachers have advanced degrees in their subject matter areas. There are many honors and AP classes. Additionally, they really care about your child, and have a very good student-teacher ratio - your child will get individualized attention. There are also lots of extras - not just sports (which there are many year-round choices), but also an award winning Robotics team, drama, newspaper, etc.

I don't even know where to start in saying how much our family loves Seattle Lutheran High School. Our daughter was previously home schooled, but has also been in private and public schools. We moved to Seattle from California and we enrolled our daughter at SeaLu just in time for her Freshman year. She was so impressed with how much the teachers actually care about the students. She loves the smaller size of the school (which allows the teachers to be so involved with the students) and yet they still provide opportunities to get involved in sports and many other activities. My husband, who is a local pastor of a non-Lutheran church, and I appreciate the God centered environment, the love and care of the teachers and staff, and alumni of the school. In fact, I think the biggest compliment I could give is the fact that my daughter and several of her friends often talk about how they want to come back to this school as teachers, because they have been so inspired by their teachers.

A hidden jewel in Seattle. A great alternative to public schools. Strong academic, college-prep program in a faith-base community.

We moved to Seattle from the midwest with our junior and senior age daughters in 2012. Our top priority was finding a school that would challenge the girls academically and prepare them for college and beyond. Seattle Lutheran was the obvious choice after visiting many schools. The instructors are highly qualified and experienced; many holding advanced degrees and certifications in their field. The class sizes allow the personal interaction between the teachers and students that is critical to a student's success. It is evident the entire staff is not only interested in making sure their students succeed, but become leaders.

Fantastic schoo! Small class sizes, lots of AP, and students actually have an opportunity to play sports that they would not have at a big school. The school has a new principal in 2012 with great leadership skills and a loving heart for all students. Any negative comments about the school in the previous reviews are no longer an issue. You need to check out the school and meet the new principal and you will see what I mean. I would not send my kid to any other school in Seattle.

Terrible school. Bad academics. I was bullied by both students and TEACHERS all 4 years when I attended there, and the principal and dean of students did nothing about it. I would not recommend this school to anyone even my worst enemy.

I am a grandparent of an upcoming Junior. I am so pleased with the knowledge, compassion, ethics and community that is taught at this school. The staff as well as teachers are a group of sincere, caring human beings. It has been a wonderful choice for a high school education. It shows through the love our grandchild has for his school and classmates. Thank you Seattle Lutheran HS.

Last modified Seattle Lutheran High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12