Posted September 19, 2014
My son began last year as a Freshman. He had three schools to choose from but ultimately picked SLHS after feeling so welcomed on his visit day. It has turned out to be a fantastic decision. The school exceeds our expectations in every way. Besides outstanding academics, students are encouraged to stretch themselves in confidence and compassion. The teachers and staff truly care about each student reaching their highest potential. This translates into emotional and social maturity seldom seen in high-school aged kids. There is no doubt that my son will graduate fully prepared for college and life. But perhaps the best part is that he's enjoying a happy and drama-free high school experience.

Posted April 17, 2014
SLHS has fantastic teachers - the Chemistry and Physics teacher holds a Science PhD, for example. Most teachers have advanced degrees in their subject matter areas. There are many honors and AP classes. Additionally, they really care about your child, and have a very good student-teacher ratio - your child will get individualized attention. There are also lots of extras - not just sports (which there are many year-round choices), but also an award winning Robotics team, drama, newspaper, etc.

Posted April 17, 2014
I don't even know where to start in saying how much our family loves Seattle Lutheran High School. Our daughter was previously home schooled, but has also been in private and public schools. We moved to Seattle from California and we enrolled our daughter at SeaLu just in time for her Freshman year. She was so impressed with how much the teachers actually care about the students. She loves the smaller size of the school (which allows the teachers to be so involved with the students) and yet they still provide opportunities to get involved in sports and many other activities. My husband, who is a local pastor of a non-Lutheran church, and I appreciate the God centered environment, the love and care of the teachers and staff, and alumni of the school. In fact, I think the biggest compliment I could give is the fact that my daughter and several of her friends often talk about how they want to come back to this school as teachers, because they have been so inspired by their teachers.

Posted April 17, 2014
A hidden jewel in Seattle. A great alternative to public schools. Strong academic, college-prep program in a faith-base community.

Posted April 16, 2014
We moved to Seattle from the midwest with our junior and senior age daughters in 2012. Our top priority was finding a school that would challenge the girls academically and prepare them for college and beyond. Seattle Lutheran was the obvious choice after visiting many schools. The instructors are highly qualified and experienced; many holding advanced degrees and certifications in their field. The class sizes allow the personal interaction between the teachers and students that is critical to a student's success. It is evident the entire staff is not only interested in making sure their students succeed, but become leaders.

Posted December 10, 2012
Fantastic schoo! Small class sizes, lots of AP, and students actually have an opportunity to play sports that they would not have at a big school. The school has a new principal in 2012 with great leadership skills and a loving heart for all students. Any negative comments about the school in the previous reviews are no longer an issue. You need to check out the school and meet the new principal and you will see what I mean. I would not send my kid to any other school in Seattle.

Seattle Lutheran High School 1

Posted August 31, 2012
Terrible school. Bad academics. I was bullied by both students and TEACHERS all 4 years when I attended there, and the principal and dean of students did nothing about it. I would not recommend this school to anyone even my worst enemy.

Posted August 21, 2012
I am a grandparent of an upcoming Junior. I am so pleased with the knowledge, compassion, ethics and community that is taught at this school. The staff as well as teachers are a group of sincere, caring human beings. It has been a wonderful choice for a high school education. It shows through the love our grandchild has for his school and classmates. Thank you Seattle Lutheran HS.

Seattle Lutheran High School 4

Posted February 26, 2012
My son, who is non-religious, attended this school for two years. Seattle Lutheran served him well and changed him in positive ways, encouraging him to engage respectfully in class discussions that focused on learning, not posturing. Small class size and teachers who treat students like people, not numbers, were critical to this change. In his two years, he was fortunate to learn from three world-class teachers (for history, calculus and English/Lit). He suffered one subpar teacher. The calculus teacher and most of the history department are exceptional.

Posted November 11, 2011
SLHS is a great school! Teachers work well with students and parents, students are able to participate in all the no-cut sports, parents are encouraged to participate in many ways in the life of the school. Being a small school allows teachers and students to get to know eachother well and the opportunity for students' personal faith development is excellent. Our family is delighted to have found a great high school in West Seattle.

Seattle Lutheran High School
4100 Southwest Genesee Street, Seattle, WA  98116
Last modified Seattle Lutheran High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Seattle Lutheran High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top