6-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted May 26, 2016
I selected dont know becasue I dont know if any homework is submitted at this school beecause this school is accedemicley awful. Like dam, look at my spelling.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 26, 2016
The math and science teachers for the 8th graders my 8th grade year where pretty good. All the social studys teachers where pretty good. Aside from that they are all a bunch of wierdos who are bad at teaching

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 26, 2016
All it taught me was that I could get away with not turning in work because the teacher would pick up my slack and give me millions of second chances. THAT IS WHAT SMALL SCHOOLS REINFORCE IN KIDS.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 26, 2016
Billings tradition of bullying will corupt even the nicest of kids. You wind up having more conventional kids who dont want to be there direct there bitterness at the more "on the spectrum kids" and you get some pretty crazy bulling going on

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 26, 2016
Because its awful. Its libral minded focus completley failed. I came into that school compassionate and libral minded so then once they started teaching that stuff I just became bitter. Two weeks ago my freinds and I started laughing after we watched an ISIS exicution

Billings Middle School 2

Posted December 31, 2015
Teachers are a hit or miss, some are very good while others are terrible. Good outdoors program.

Billings Middle School 5

Posted January 09, 2015
Billings has been the greatest gift to our entire family. When we first enrolled our daughter we hoped the faculty would help us to raising a strong and independent critical thinker. At the time I thought this was a lofty goal. Boy, was I wrong. Billings has helped her to recognize the importance of her voice while keeping an open mind to the opinions of those around her. They have fulfilled our goal and taken it even further. The people at this school know the middle school mind. They study it and understand it in a way I don't but as a parent, should. We chose Billings for our daughter but it ended up being a great learning experience for the entire family. I feel the need to address the reviewer who insinuated these positive reviews must be fake. This accusation worries me that some families may opt not to send their child to Billings. Truth is, when we were looking for our daughter, your review and a few others made me hesitate. Thankfully I went with my gut on this one. I think the reason there are so many stellar reviews for such a small school is because many parents feel the way I feel about Billings. Passionate and grateful.

Billings Middle School 5

Posted November 02, 2014
Billings is a great place for most kids. Everybody has a right to his or her opinion--but it is wrong for unhappy folks to suggest that the more numerous happy reviews were faked. During the past 10 years, very few families have pulled their children out of the school. During the same 10 years, the average number of alums visiting and/or volunteering at Billings each year has been almost equal to the number enrolled. The middle school years are challenging and issues arise, as they do at all schools, but at Billings there is a strong culture of respect, responsibility and restorative justice. This is reflected in the curriculum and the exemplary advisory program. Most Billings alums will tell you they were lucky to spend some years there, and they will be able to tell you why.

Billings Middle School 4

Posted October 24, 2014
A nurturing, intentional school that nudges each student into doing his or her best. My daughter has loved it here and as I look over the past 2+ years I can see exactly how well-prepared she has been for high school. There are a few weak teachers but they seem to be self-selecting out.

Billings Middle School 4

Posted July 07, 2014
Five and one star reviews are typical when the only people who comment are those who either love it or hate it. The haters comment to get back at the school for a perceived injustice, the lovers comment to counter the haters...and so it goes. I have been affiliated with Billings for 10 years . It's sad to say, but so few haters come through that I can pretty much identify them on this site. If the child is troubled or a trouble-maker and parents refuse to work with the school, they will leave unhappily. This goes for Billings and every school. But go to an open house - you'll interact with students who love to represent the school, see the work that students do in class, talk to teachers who love their work, listen to the passionate, articulate and dedicated head of school, and see photos of hand-on, minds-on, experiential learning of kids who love school. Is it for everyone? Nope. Choose well according to what your child needs, because they are as wonderfully different as the schools you see. But if you seek honest, compassionate, highly educated teachers who are enthusiastic about sharing their love for learning with your child, look at Billings.

7217 Woodlawn Avenue Northeast, Seattle, WA  98115