Posted June 23, 2011
Zion has been a great experience for me and my children... I graduated fro there in 1997 finishing my 8th grade and was above average when I went on to High School. Parent can say what they want but it really takes a village to raise a child and Zion DEFINITELY went above the call of duty when it came to me and my children. I pray that one day they really get the recommendation and support needed to sustain the potential Zion has to continue. My children were reading by the age of 4 and academically soared even after they unfortunately had to leave due to school funding. People here is a question to ask yourself: If Zion wasn't a great school how have they been able to stay an existence for 29 years? Well there is your answer they wouldn't. I would still to this day even though my children have moved on to another school I will always remember the strong foundation Zion Preparatory Academy installed in me and my children and will always campaign for the education excellence they provide and still do. Even when parents get upset and threaten to take there kids out they soon come back and realize that the grass was not greener on the other side! We love you Zion... Thank You

Posted January 14, 2010
I can say the support from the school is Excellent. Public schools will not tell you, children there are actually one or more years behind this private school. They ealuate, test, and place your child in the correct grade level. Upon college entry, after using Zion Academy, your child will be one to two years ahead of other college freshman. Great Program, Great school, somewhat expensive.

Posted December 20, 2009
I was a student the only white girl there and i was welcomed by alot of friends and i still keep in touch with most of them... I'm so happy i went there when i was in 7th grade now i'm in 10th grade... The teachers are excellent and fun.

Posted October 20, 2009
Zion Preparatory Academy is a place where children can come and celebrate their African-American heritage in an environment where love, unity and academic excellence is promoted. This is my child's home away from home.

Posted September 29, 2009
Zion Oreo is great. They have science and technology, and advanced placement, for less than $500 per month!

Posted November 16, 2008

Posted August 25, 2008
I myself being a product of Zion Prep am now a proud parent of a child that is attending. I myself learned so much and even though I moved on from Zion into the public school system (not due to educational reasons) was put into advance placement classes since grade 4 and beyond. I am now 24, a college grad, making $60K+ year and I can definitely say that Zion had something to do with increasing my educational abilities. I am seeing major progress with my child who is in pre-k as she is articulate, knowlegable, and very eager to learn and go to school every day. Also, I have had my younger sister attend through the 8th grade and now she is preparation to attend an HBCU and we all definitely credit Zion for providing her with the tools to succeed.

Posted May 06, 2008

Posted October 04, 2007
Zion middle school is going through great changes with a new principal and staff who offer a challenging traditional program with social studies, literature, language arts, math and science. We have a strong team this year with an exceptional principal. The program is challenging and highly academic. GO ZION !KIDS!

Posted September 08, 2006
My child has been going to Zion Prep since she was 2 1/2 and now she is 8 in the 2nd grade. Zion has taught her a lot of verbal skills and her math, reading has exceeding any other child that I have compared her to in public school. Zion has given her the extra jump she needed for her education needs. Thank you Zion sct

Zion Preparatory Academy
4730 32nd Ave S, Seattle, WA  98118
Last modified Zion Preparatory Academy is a Private school that serves grade PK
Zion Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.