Posted January 21, 2015
Fairview provides a loving atmosphere where children can thrive. My kids have been there since preschool and are now in upper elementary and middle school. They have grown academically and as individuals. Our Music teacher is fabulous with all of the kids (preschool thru 8th grade). They learn so much in her class and have so much fun performing. We do have Spanish classes where the kids have fun learning the language and about the culture. The kids have PE twice a week and recess three times a day, which allows them to get their wiggles out. I cannot say enough about the staff at this school. They are fabulous and they really care about the kids and the families. The teachers take the time to get to know each family and that helps them teach the kids. We have keyboarding and a fantastic computer lab and this year have had some classes in programming. The school is always looking for ways to teach the kids in new and innovative ways. My kids love it at Fairview and so do I!
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 20, 2015
The culture at Fairview Christian is one of a warm and loving from the smallest of students to the teachers, parents, administration. God s love exudes throughout the people inside the building!! This was a definite draw to my family. Who would not want their child to be surrounded by such goodness?! Some of the qualities that perhaps others may have looked at as a weakness we consider strengths. While the school is small the combined class sizes gives the opportunity to work more one on one with students allowing the curriculum to be more individualized an catered to those who need to work up in the age group. What a blessing! Spanish is offered this year in middle school and American Sign Language weekly in the kindergarten room. This is fantastic as my daughter is learning to communicate with her aunt who is hearing impaired.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 20, 2015
Having been at the school for awhile now I know there has been a variety of afterschool activities that have been offered some of these include homework club, paper card making, hour of code, art classes, cooking classes, knitting. There are piano lessons on site, and Fairview collaborates with another school down the road on sports teams (basketball, cross country). Art is displayed in every classroom at Fairview Christian School even as early as one year old. Take a peak any where throughout the building and you will see a proud kiddo showing their parent something they have created. There is a library and a computer lab the all ages are able to use and we do teach keyboarding. Students do drama/speech as well as music and P.E. several times a week. There is a wonderful melodrama each year that is spectacular (two of the teachers are published play writes!!!--). One of the wonderful things Fairview has offer our middle school students an experience an educational historical trip to Washington D.C. during spring break. What an experience!!!
2 people found this helpful

Fairview Christian School 1

Posted January 09, 2015
I am disappointed with this school. While the staff is super friendly, there is a lot lacking in this school. The classes are mixed age, so first is with second, third with fourth, fifth with sixth, etc. One teacher for two grades. There are no after school clubs. They do NOT offer special classes such as Spanish, Computers (Keyboarding is offered instead), and Art. PE and Music are part of the curriculum. The principal doesn't believe in Common Core (most people don't, but as an educator in a state where the public schools are forced to teach it, she should have an educated opinion on it) and she never heard of STEM. She basically told me that they teach the "basics." While the environment is very warm, there has to be more to a school than that. They don't put very much emphasis on academics. An ideal school would have equal emphasis on social/emotional development and academics.

Posted September 28, 2011
Fairview is a warm, big, wonderful family where kids receive extra TLC. They leave at a much higher academic level than just average.

Posted September 25, 2011
This school captured my heart the first time I stepped in the doors. Fairview provides first rate education, surrounded by high values and loving community. They have provided an incredibly excellent foundation for my child's life. Fairview is building his soul while ministering to his heart and educating his mind. This school is a treasure!

Posted September 25, 2011
By far the best price you can find for a private daycare and with a school attached. I look forward to watching my child grow there.

Posted September 21, 2011
We have grandchildren currently enrolled at Fairview. The teachers and staff are very involved with the students, making sure they receive encouragement and additional assistance with their learning if/when needed. The drama program is great! They have before and after school care, which was VERY important to us when our daughter was there. Also they are blessed to have a large school property located on an entire city block with easy access from the freeway for commuting parents.

Posted September 21, 2011
Great School! My children love the small classes and have excelled in all aspects of academics.

Posted August 09, 2011
This is our third year at Fairview and I have two kids enrolled. I can't say enough about this great place! The teachers and faculty really care about each family on every level. My kids get a great education because class sizes are small and teachers have an opportunity to understand each child's personality and learning style. The annual science fair is an academic challenge that even the kindergartners (and younger) participate in. My kids will be better prepared for future grades and adulthood because of their experience here.

Fairview Christian School
844 Northeast 78th Street, Seattle, WA  98115
Last modified Fairview Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Fairview Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top