Seattle, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 08, 2013
Our son is finishing his second year at Hamlin Robinson and we forever thankful for finding such a fantastic school who exceeds our expectations at every turn. He went from feeling he was "the dumbest kids in the class, crying, and hating school.." to smiling, skipping each day when I pick him up after school telling me "he loves his school!" What more can I say? Amazing.

Posted December 05, 2011
Phenomenal school. My son is entering his second year and choosing this school for him is one of the best parenting decisions we have ever made.

Posted November 10, 2011
My daughter has attended Hamlin Robinson School for 5 years. In first grade (before HRS), she told us that reading was like: "I'm in the 1st square of hopscotch and no matter how hard I throw my pebble, I can't get out of the 1st square, but everyone else throws their pebble and gets all the way to the end." If that is a familiar sentiment in your household, or you have a child who is otherwise bright, intelligent, artistic and gifted but is having a hard time learning to read, you might have a dyslexic child. HRS transforms lives every single day. I've seen kids go from hiding under their desks because they are so traumatized when they arrive to being the curious, outspoken, happy kids that they were born to be. Teachers are warm and loving, kids support each other and we would stay forever if we could.

Posted February 08, 2011
My daughter (middle school age) came home the other day and told me:"I just love math! I love my teacher, I love the math problems. I just love math. Need I say more?

Posted February 02, 2011
Hamlin Robinson School understands and embraces the potential of children with dyslexia and related language difficulties. Throughout the three years my child has been at HRS she has been happy and thriving. Her academic skills have grown along with her self esteem and self advocacy skills. At Hamlin Robinson school learning has no limits!

Posted January 31, 2011
A terrific school, the only one of it's kind in Washington State. The teachers, staff and parents are a unified community determined to better the lives of Hamlin Robinson students.

Posted May 04, 2010
The school is the most amazing, supportive community for children with dyslexia or related learning challenges and their families. After years of being told that he wasn't very smart or just wasn't trying, my son is absolutely thriving and--above all--he believes in himself again. We have the fantastic staff at Hamlin to thank for that.

Posted January 23, 2008
Both my children are dyslexic. We were told my younger son would not learn to read or write if left in the public school. He is doing both almost at grade level after 2 1/2 years of Slingerland training obtained at Hamlin Robinson School. He was struggling with low self esteme, and now loves going to school! HRS is working miracles for him. He will attend one more year and be able to successfully mainstream back into regular education. HRS not only accommodates dyslexic kids, it solves the problems so they can function normally in life. The teachers teach dyslexic kids to read and write. They also work on the emotional damage done by hiding dyslexia with group talks and acceptance. My older son attended Hamlin Robinson for a year and a half before returning to mainstream school. He is now obtaining A's and B's in a challenging prep school.

Posted September 20, 2007
Hamlin Robinson is an excellent opportunity for your child to thrive in school, and feel better about who she is uniquely in the world. The academic program is geared to meet the child at her own level and emphasizes the Slingerland method of instruction. Music and Art are all a part of the children's day. There also is a computer lab. Parents are a big reason why the school works. The teachers are very strong.

Posted November 05, 2003
Hamlin-Robinson, also know as HRS, is a gem for those families with above average intelligence children who battle dyslexia. My daughter loves it! We have found that many of the top tier private schools integrate very well back and forth with HRS. If you want a school that has its roots in a practical curriculum, where your child can become educated on how to become a successful student this is an excellent choice.

Hamlin Robinson School